At last: The welcome Luka Modric Thread.

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by 4x4s, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Luka Modric is a RM player, what do you think?

Poll closed Sep 6, 2012.
  1. Just what we needed!!!

58.1%
  2. He'll be ok, but i don't think he'll be a massive improvement to our squad.

37.1%
  3. He's not good enough, i am dissapointed.

4.8%
  1. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Modric is one of my favs.:) Let's hope he uses him instead of Khedira, and not like Sahin.

2. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    He is a massive upgrade for our midfield, IMO., and you would expect to pay big money when dealing with someone like Levy, for a player like Modric. When you aren't looking for many reinforcements, a club like Real Madrid can easily afford to pay a little extra to make sure they get the guys they want. Money isn't really an issue for me here, because the differences we are talking about are so minimal for the club. If it means getting the players that Jose wants, the team benefitting, and ultimately trophies, then the differences are forgotten.

Of course, there will always be cases where we spend big, and the player doesn't perform to that standard, but it happens. That's no reason to stop trying to attract those kinds of players, though.

3. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope he doesn't turn out to be a waste of money and time and feelings (for some of us).

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Modric to play in Khedira's role? Who is going to defend? Alonso? If Anything, I believe Modric will play him over Alonso or along side him in a 3 man midfield with either Khedira or Lass or whatever other DM Jose wants to play. I also think that was what Sahin was supposed to be in the long term...but didn't cut it for Mourinho.

Hard to imagine Modric playing a DM/CM role. Even harder to imagine Mou playing a 4-2-3-2 without one of those players in the double 6 role to be able to start the defense in front of the back 4.

Seems to me Modric is called in to pull strings along side another player that stays deep on defensive duties. I can't see Mourinho playing with two players that are creative in the double 6 role. If anything he is there to replace Kaka or play in place of Oezil or Di Maria higher up front if it is not Alonso in the midfield.

My dos pesos...

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His ability to play several positions surely was a big reason Mou was in for him. Also, I think he plays in place of Alonso in some matches, that red-bearded badass has got to start resting a bit if we want to get the best out of him as he ages.

Cris 09 repped this.
  6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One thing is for sure...Modric's coming in is a sure sign of Sahin leaving after the summer...perhaps even over the winter transfer.

7. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    95% of Madridistas agree that a player like Khedira isn't needed for 97.9958715% of the matches we play. I think Modric will get plenty of time alongside Alonso.

YOUNGSTARS87 and El-CapitanoR7 repped this.
  8. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, I agree with this the more and more I think about it. He's able to comfortably slot into either of three CM positions.

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, can't agree it's a sure sign. Again, Lass is leaving either this summer or next. Spot open. We'll see how he does at Anfield. Then we can talk certainties.

ambro repped this.
  10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Agreed.

Combo Alonso, Modrič, Ozil could be great....

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...you missed my point, sweet-heart. Let me try and spell it out for you so you and ElCapitano7 can get it.

If Khedira doesn't play, it'll be Lass or Granero covering that spot. If Mordic plays alongside Alonso, it'll be on a 4-3-3 with a DM/CM and not a 4-2-3-1. You really think an ultra-conservative manager like Jose is going to play like this?

--------------Benz

Cronaldo-----Oezil------Di Maria

-------Modric--------Alonso

If you thought the midfield was getting walked all over the place before, what do you think is going to happen with this formation?

Doesn't look like a team Mourinho would field. I could be wrong but it just doesn't seem like it makes sense.

12. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think there would've been a purchase option for Liverpool if Sahin didn't feature into our plans anymore. Supposedly his move to Arsenal even fell through because Wenger wanted a permanent deal. Doesn't sound like we want to get rid of him.
    Besides, Xabi's not getting younger and Sahin would be the perfect long-term successor.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

14. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    No dumbass you missed mine, either keep up or shut up when I'm trolling.

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What was your point? That 9 out of 10 Madridistas agree that Khedira doesn't need to play in all the games??? Big fucking deal...9 out of 10 dentists also prefer Colgate.

16. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

Cris 09 repped this.
  17. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Didn't I say stop? If you can't keep up then keep it pushing. I was making fun at a ludicrous post someone made in another thread, as per usual you don't get it :rolleyes:

Cris 09 repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    [​IMG]

Cris 09 repped this.
  19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :oops:

Chinky24 repped this.
  20. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I love this type of player. Works off the ball both in and out of possession, mobile, neat metronomic passing and lots of intelligence. I think you'll see a spike in Marcelo's assists from here on in too, Modric is great at supplying the late runners on the flanks.

I don't think Sahin is definitely out because of his signing. Xabi has around two or three seasons left in him, Sahin can still come back unless Jose sees no improvement or unless Nuri doesn't want to come back. I'd really like to see Nuri and Canales back at the club in the future.

21. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  22. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Is Granero giving him the green eye? :D

Donzizu repped this.
  23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, exactly what I was thinking. "I got rid of that tool Sahin, now they bring in THIS little twerp!?"

Laaura and Umar repped this.
  24. johnbarley

johnbarley Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Correct. LOL @ ppl counting on Modric. Last I remember, he was a complete non-factor against RM in the CL. We've had a million better signings and they barely got any time. All of our recent midfielders have been a step above him and all people do is complain constantly about them (that includes Sahin, Khedira, Ozil, Granero, Gago, and even Alonso)

25. johnbarley

johnbarley Member

Aug 15, 2012
    wow, not to mention Kaka.