At last: The welcome Luka Modric Thread.

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by 4x4s, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Luka Modric is a RM player, what do you think?

Poll closed Sep 6, 2012.
  1. Just what we needed!!!

58.1%
  2. He'll be ok, but i don't think he'll be a massive improvement to our squad.

37.1%
  3. He's not good enough, i am dissapointed.

4.8%
  1. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Who's the next transfer target?

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Phone Laor. :devilish:

3. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Modric gets the 19 shirt.

4. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    My conspiracy theory is Maicon is next and then Mou wants Kaka out because he has an AM in mind, not sure who though so someone pull up Mendes' client list so we can brainstorm. We only got a few days left :D

GRBomber repped this.
  5. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we are signing an AM, it must be Isco. Guy is full of talent and would come cheap. Anyone else I dont think we have enough time.

Romanero repped this.
  6. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is busy with the Ganso deal.

7. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dembele would be fantastic. Can play in the AM role.

8. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Modric can play in the attacking midfield role....

9. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    So can Granero but that's not the point. There seems to be a school of thought Mou isn't satisfied and has someone else in mind :whistling:

10. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    That's what I was thinking too. I haven't watched him much, but he looked like a great box-to-box kind of guy on the little spot MOTD gave him on Saturday.

11. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Quick, someone name a Portuguese attacking midfielder managed by Jorge Mendes...

12. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  13. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Cristiano Ronaldo!

14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That would be hawkward.

Bear Crotch, Shay Z, natenate101 and 3 others repped this.
  15. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well with the Kaká transfer set to go down to the wire and no targets even being mentioned as a replacement I have to say that another AM coming into the club seems unlikely. Coupled with our grim start to the season it just comes off as a panic buy as opposed to us perusing an actual target.

16. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Good answers, but we were looking for: "Aren't they all?" ... again, the correct answer is "Aren't they all." Thanks for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts for you, including: The Jose Mourinho Press Conference Kit... The Sami Khedira Keep Your Shape Home Workout Video... and everyone's favorite, Guess The Next Great Brazilian Starlet App.

Welcome Luka. Good luck, or as they say in Croatian "we've looked like shit thus far, but no pressure here dude!"

jgun07, Shay Z and Akramzizou repped this.
  17. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Or as that magnificent bastard Oscar alluded to, what Mou wanted all along ;)

18. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Oooh, the parting gifts are awesome!

Come on Sami....

"Let me hear your body talk, your body talk..."

YOUNGSTARS87 and Alma Merengue repped this.
  19. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It would be some achievement to keep this under the radar of the Spanish press for an entire summer. Any move would surely be dependent on Kaká's departure from the club and on the surface it seems like we don't really have any suitors who can meet our valuation or the players wage demands. That one will probably go to the wire with us loaning him out to Milan for a season with a paltry option of purchase at the end of the loan.

20. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Well not really because as I'm sitting here using work time to think about this conspiracy theory a bit more it could be that Modric was in fact bought as an AM to play with/for Oezil and Angel and that the new signing Mou is waiting to procure as soon as Kaka leaves is in fact the aforementioned Dembele or Witsel.

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    All I got to say is, welcome Luka. You are now a Real Madrid player, so I will reserve judgement on you until later. But if you shall fail to perform, you shall receive my wrath. It will make the criticism of Benzema last year (after two bad games) and Coentrao this year look like playful banter.

Seriously though, welcome. Good player, looking forward to see how Mourinho will use him.

22. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Well damn :eek:

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Luka's son wearing a RM jersey from twitter:

[​IMG]

24. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Well they were pretty much exclusively writing about them as a plan b or an alternative to Modric.

If Modric is being brought here purely as an alternative to Özil (which I highly doubt) then why the hell have we wasted most of the summer not seriously negotiating for Witsel, Dembele or any other player who can fill the void in the position next to Xabi. If they were a priority they would be here by now.

25. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think, if any, the player Mourinho would be pushing for is Maicon.

Been a while since we have had a player presentation, eh? I think the last one was Benzema :eek: