Astro turf and indoor boots thread - Everything turf and indoor related

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Jun 26, 2011.

1. dethfire

dethfire Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Thanks for the advice! I'm playing obviously on turf so I wouldn't think shock absorption is a problem as it's a very soft surface. I think it's the shoe or at least how I am running in the shoe because for years I wore the Beckham Predator PowerSwerve indoors and never had any shin problems. I wish they still made those fyi! hmmmm, maybe I will get my feet checked out.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Turf is actually harder, because there is cement under the turf, That is what is causing your shin splints alot of times. Its the hard services.

3. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well here's the next wave of Elasticos
    Next Gatos They're also releasing a suede version of the Gato soon.

I swear I had saved pictures of the next line on my photobucket account, but it's not there. Sorry :(

4. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    Which indoor shoe (brand) has a good, wide, footbed for flat feet?

My ADICORE 4 indoor shoes are causing a ton of pain in my instep after an hour of play and I think it's because the footbed is too narrow.

5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There will not be a full line update until the holiday season for 2012....Nike usually does a 2-3 year cycle on the indoor line and they never update until Nov or Dec. I have yet to see the upcoming line, but don't hold out for anything new until the fall.

Are you playing on carpet/hardwood or a 3g turf? That will affect the suggestions I will makes shoewise, but again for the most part, it sounds like an issue with the insole or the cushioning/shock absorption vs flat feet. Not too many boots are very wide, and most soccer shoes lack support, even if it is an indoor with EVA foam in the midsole.

Look into a new insole, as I stated above. The Superfeet and the Unequal models are well reviewed; Unequal is garnering a large voluntary uptake among top level college and pro sports teams. Many NFL teams use their products and they play on 3G, and so does the Philly Union of the MLS. Duke, and various other colleges as well as NBA players and teams are using them for basketball, which is on a gym floor.

I would consider something like the Copa indoor; it is pretty flat, which allows for insole replacement, it is wide enough, and it is leather which will stretch with your foot. Also, they are built to last. I have never had a better built or longer lasting indoor shoe. They are expensive for an indoor shoe, but they will last 5x longer than some of these mesh futsal shoes. You can find a deal on them usually as well if you look in the right places.

6. sambakid17

sambakid17 Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nice, I train at the 5-a-side centre and they seem to be a very popular choice with people who want to wear turf boots.

appleCORR

8. Wellzsauce

Wellzsauce Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Northern VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Just picked these up for my 6 a side team and I LOVE them

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Meh, they're ok. Mine ripped, so I sent them back to Nike. One of the lace holes ripped at the top.

I still prefer real leather.

Love me my mizuno turf boots.

10. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I need some turf boots.

11. Wellzsauce

Wellzsauce Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Northern VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn they ripped? That's annoying. It is weirdly bonded together on the instep towards the top. I really hope mine don't rip

12. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the adi5 range seems to be big where i play 6-a side, though copa's seems to be everyones main choice..

i really need some indoor trainers though

13. Wellzsauce

Wellzsauce Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Northern VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I have a couple of buddies with adi5's they seem to like them. They are very thin and soft though

14. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adi5 X was easily the best indoor boot I've ever worn. Last a good 2 years. Great feel. Only thing I didn't like was the non-removeable insole, which I ended up removing anyways and scraping off the white foam under it.

15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I wear my adi5 for indoor, though I do like them I don't like the mesh upper

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, the eyelet thingy ones ripped out. The stitching gave way.

17. Kasmatsu

Kasmatsu Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Gardner, KS
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I started wearing Joma Top Flex turfs a couple weeks ago. They are amazing.

18. p-nutz

p-nutz Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Another fan of the adi 5 here! That mesh feels very thin, but I've never gotten wet feet playing in them. Hurts like hell if some pillock wearing studs on the old, short turf stands on your foot, but they're good shoes and the older styles are still fairly easy to get for cheap.

19. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do AG sole plates provide much better traction and release on than traditional turf sole plates on the newer 3G synthetic fields? I feel like the grip from FG's might be over kill and was wondering which was the better alternative AG's or Turfs or if they perform about the same.

20. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
  21. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    Is it fine to use the nike5 bomba finale on hard ground grass?

22. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    i've worn them on both natural and synthetic grass. i thought they had good traxion on both surfaces.

23. soccerboy37

soccerboy37 Member+

Jan 17, 2009
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How do the adidas adi5 X-ite Turf Shoes fit?
    My size in Adipure IV's are 7.5, but in Nike Air Legends they are 8.5, and in regular shoes I wear a 8.5

24. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a pair of X-ites and I got size 9 which is my regular size but I would have gone a half size smaller if I had a choice. I just double sock it now. I don't know how Nike compares to adidas sizing as I only wear adidas.

25. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

i like them, but I'm not keen on the mesh now I've worn them in they have lost there shape and just look crap tbh aha.

whereas my nike t-7 I've held up a lot better shape wise