Astro turf and indoor boots thread - Everything turf and indoor related

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Paterfamilias.75

Paterfamilias.75 New Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    my mercurials were shipped from China.. don't see why they would not ship to Sweden. Cost was about 1/3 the price I'd pay in the states and shipping was very reasonable.

2. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Sigh, just buy the boots from sweden, it's probably just as cheap and a lot less stressfull and it's quicker

3. Alexandre Pato 7

Alexandre Pato 7 Legends that will never be forgotten <3

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Get turf shoes for turf, and indoor court shoes for indoor court. Atleast I imagine that you'd slip around like crazy with IC shoes on turf.

4. Olly C

Olly C Member

Jul 25, 2008
  5. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trying out the turf X-ite in the house and the first thing that comes to mind - extremely comfortable! I'm double socking it as I like the tight fit but they feel great on my feet. I like the asymatrical lacing and the rubbery feel all over the foot along with the "pass pad." I have an indoor game Tuesday so I'll post more notes on how they feel playing. So far so great!

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

6. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Jackal_17

Jackal_17 Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They do look great in person! I am thinking about getting a pair once my Tiempo Mystic falls apart. (5 years running! That's the longest I have had a pair of boots.)

8. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Du borde köpa dem på prodirect istället annars tilkommer skatt (cirka 20%) och tullavgift (cirka 8%) + att det blir dyrare frakt.

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I need some new astro/indoors for winter freestyling! Only trouble is they get trashed pretty quickly because of the weather!

Those CR7 Gatos do look amazing though!

appleCORR

10. Litmanen

Litmanen Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Has anyone tried Kelme Star 360s?
    How is their fit?

11. Agastesi10

Agastesi10 Member

Columbus Crew SC
    Aug 28, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Agastesi10

Agastesi10 Member

Columbus Crew SC
    Aug 28, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will definitely check them out. I noticed them and looked. I just picked up a pair of adipowers and adipure sl and fell in love with adidas boots. Ill have to see what I can get. Would they also work on hard court?

14. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice! I have 2 pairs of adiPowers (SG and FG) and I love them. Like I said, those X-ite turfs are so comfortable. I can't even get over it.

I would not use those on hard court. You'd wanna pick up flat bottoms for that.

15. Agastesi10

Agastesi10 Member

Columbus Crew SC
    Aug 28, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the original black and white gatos from their first release. I may just pick up both the bombas and the xites.

16. tilburysoccer

tilburysoccer Member

Sep 16, 2009
    KCMO
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have Nike ID Bomba Pros.
    The instep is made of a plastic of some sorts and feels cheap. I wanted the the leather. I kind of wish I would have used the money on the Bomba Finales,even though they are synthetic, instead of Customizing the Bomba Pros. Other that that they are quality and comfy.

17. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    It's been forever since i got some indoors but i wanna kick the ball around more often in my spare time this year, anyone know any decent indoors, i'm looking for lightness, soft upper and flexible sole, definitely under 100, not looking for anything fancy.

18. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Joma top flex sounds like the perfect boot for you juve.

19. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've been tempted to try some Joma Top Flex, the Astro ones rather than Indoors though, but none of the colours on PDS really do it for me. Theres some dark blue ones that are reduced that i keep looking at but i can never make my mind up whether to go for it or not.

20. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    Have struggled to find the right shoe for indoor because they are all so flexible and flimsy that my orthotics don't work right. I tried the Pele Radium and they have been fantastic. Still quite flexible and great touch but the midfoot has a stronger material than other shoes plus the leather wraps around the foot quite nicely. The only problem is they look like arse.

I would never have expected a high performing but boring-looking shoe from a new company. Would have expected the other way round.

21. Litmanen

Litmanen Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Will there be a new Nike 5 shoe in near future? Elastico line has been out for two seasons now and I guess something new is usually introduced every third year or so...

22. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I've seen the next line of Nike 5's. I'll see if I can dig up pictures for you

23. Litmanen

Litmanen Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Sweet! I would really appreciate any pictures (of my next futsal shoes). Did they look much different from the Elasticos?

24. dethfire

dethfire Member

Jun 24, 2005
    The adi5 are giving me shin splints, I think I have flat feet and the adi5 seems to have soft arch support. Can anyone recommend me some shoes?

25. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think insoles are more what you need, as oppose to new shoes. Look at stuff from SuperFeet, Unequal Technologies, and possibly custom orthotics.

Your shin splits may not have anything to do with your flat feet, you could be experiencing issues with shock absorption which is a focus with Unequal products (shock reduction). You could also have other causes. It is easy to try to pin one problem on the other, but if you have not had an issue until now, it most likely isn't your lack of an arch. Get a copule opinions from respected doctors as well; lazy ones will most likely say it is your flat feet, without further investigation. Then, when they sell your an orthotic that doesn't help, you are out several hundred bucks.