Astro turf and indoor boots thread - Everything turf and indoor related

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Mercurial1994

Mercurial1994 Member

Nov 16, 2013

Well I need to buy a pair of indoors anyway as my Gatos are pretty much done. I'm looking for something that isn't too bulky. Any recommendations?

Also would you mind linking an image of what your heel cup looks like? There are plenty different kinds of those heel cups. Just wanna make sure I get the right one tomorrow.

2. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Problem is with wanting something that isn't too bulky you lose cushioning and padding, which is what you are after.

The new gato's are really good, and not bulky at all, theres also jorma topflex though I'm not sure how they look in person as I've only ever seen them on youtube

3. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd recommend the new gato as well

4. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

http://www.drscholls.com/Products/MassagingGelHeelCups#reviews

these are the ones i got.

Honestly, I would really reccomend the Joma Super Regates. If you're playing indoors mesh is great and really helps you feel the ball .Gato's are great as well but I'm not too impressed by their durability and the savings you can get off the super regates really tip the scale towards them for me personally. If you're having a higher budget, I'd recommend looking to Rakuten for the Lacmento waves (K-leather fore foot with wave tech that really helps your knees) OR the Asics ones which come with the SoLyte and the Gel tech from their running shoes.

Don't get what you mean by black rubber pads though, I read it as the black rubber crumbs, in which I'd probably recommend whichever turf you can get.

5. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I thought he meant those black rubber floor mats like you see at gyms and stuff.

6. Mercurial1994

Mercurial1994 Member

Nov 16, 2013
    This except much thicker, kinda like if it were made out of the same rubber as tires.

I'm really interested in the joma super regate, where did you purchase yours? At the moment I see them on soccer.com for about $60. Is that what you payed for yours?

7. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/streetbros/asics-tst207-0490/

this was the pair of asics i was referring to.

yeap that's what I paid for. if you need pics and reviews drop me aPM I'll gladly answer more questions!

8. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyone out there had both the Bomba Finale I & II ??

Been looking around for some AG boots, probably Legends or HV, the last few days since I noticed the Evospeed 1.2 that I've got are falling apart. Really struggling to find anything close to a good deal on my size so tempted to go for a pair of Bomba Finale II instead. Had some of the first ones in the launch colourway and thought they were great but can't find anywhere to try the new ones. So do they fit about the same? Pretty sure I had an 8 in the old ones as they seemed to run a bit small.

9. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I thought about having a Bomba Finale 2, mainly on the durability issues that people have come to NikeSkin.
    For that, I bought a Bomba Pro 2 for testing. I don't know if the Bomba Finale 2 have the same problem, but my boot is already taking off across the front. In my opinion, the problem is due to the absence of seams that point in the boot.
    Ever think of sending them to Mr. Nenenzão to sew seams and fix the problem.
    If you ask me today if I buy a Bomba Finale 2, I told you that I'm looking for a more reliable model.

10. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've had my bomba finale II since launch and they are in great condition, the nikeskin has held up well through to the mesh, and the sole has held up really good, and I've played a fair few times on the old sand based astro

11. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    [​IMG]
    Got these Ascoli turfs in December, but still haven't worn them yet. Originally bought a pair of Nike Bomba Pro 2 from the local shop, but didn't like them at all (quality/workmanship seemed cheap).

serginhobertholi repped this.
  12. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks great. Although personally, I find the colorway to be a bit too....Mexican.

On another note, I really like my Libretto indoors. I wasn't expecting much, but I got them for $35 and they were a steal for that price. Right out of the box the upper is pretty stiff and seems a little thick, but they break in nicely. They have a nice fit compared to most shoes at the $60-70 suggested retail price point. Quite snug fitting and mold a little to your foot and provides a close feel on the ball. I like the thin, uncushioned synthetic tongue. I find many indoors have an overly cushioned tongue that's just too bulky and hinders touch.

Traction is excellent on rubber courts and carpet type astro. They have good cushioning but remain responsive. I found the Gatos to have great cushioning but I thought they were a little sluggish and unresponsive. On the other hand, I need some cushioning. The Librettos find some middle ground in this area. So far they seem like they'll be durable although the white upper gets scuffed easily.

13. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    It's supposed to be Italian lol. It was part of the Euro release (there was France, Germany, and a few other countries as well).

14. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    funny you mention the upper, I picked up a pair and was put off my the upper, it felt horrid tbh. Kinda wish they made another astro shoes similar to the bomba but made from kanga lite that is more CTR inspired. I know that you could just get the ctr AG... but I play on sand astro often and some water based sponge astro too, where the AG just wouldn't really grip at all

15. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I know it's not kanga-lite, but isn't the Bomba Pro leather? That should be more similar to the CTR than the Bomba Finale.

16. oifla

oifla New Member

May 2, 2013
    indiana, USA
    looking for AG and micoach (speedcell) compatible shoes, any ideas? adidas (at least in the US) doesn't seem to have anything that meets both criteria.

17. kickpuncher

kickpuncher New Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hey, I wasn't sure if this thread was appropriate for this question. Here goes:

I have a pair of Bomba Finale IIs, and I'm giving them back to my friend. There's a little rubber lip where the upper meets the sole plate, on the inner toe. He says his feet sometimes snag together because of this rubber lip. I'm curious if using athletic tape, or maybe clear nail polish might reduce the friction when his feet rub together.

Anybody try this or have a better recommendation?

18. Abia Nanthra

Abia Nanthra New Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    just share :)
    new free football topsala
    :D

Attached Files:

serginhobertholi repped this.
  19. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
  20. DoubleR23

DoubleR23 Member

Manchester United
    Jun 14, 2008
    DMV area
    Question for everyone, As I have posted previously I wear hypervenom AG to play and at times I would say about the hr mark my feet feel like they are burning. I am almost 100% sure its due to the heat and the pellets they sprinkle on AG or turf. Anyone recommends how to prevent that or help with it? Could it be I need leather boots like tiempos or something? Just wanted others feedback.

21. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I played on 3G on a blazing hot summers day once, in adipure III's and you could feel the heat through the sole. So it's not that, maybe change the time you play? have you got the correct size in boots? maybe its you're socks? try a friends pair of boots and see how you get on?

22. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    This is pretty much the only thing you can do. Bear with it or change the time to when the pellets won't be so heated up (late at night or early in the morning).

23. Soccerfan010

Soccerfan010 Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I've been torn between the Lunar Gato II and the Elastico Finale II. I plan on using them to practice against a wall and also to do some freestyle, both of which will be done concrete most of the time. Anyone have any suggestions?

24. Jonathan Galea

Jonathan Galea New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hey everyone. I've been trying to find a detailed explanation on the difference between AG and TT/TF boots, but I can't seem to find one. My current pair is the Puma Evospeed 3 AG boots, and I was considering getting the Puma King AllRound TT boots, but I'm worried about some decrease in traction due to the shorter studs on the King TT. Should I be concerned about this? I don't want to risk slipping on astro turf. I play as a central defender/sides, I advance with the ball from the back and most of the times I need to drop back quickly hence the need for traction. Thanks!

25. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, a shoe doesn't make the player/position!

depends what astro you play on? 3G i assume? I play the same position as you as well as midfield and I wear bomba finale II's and they grip fine on 3G. really depends on budget too. try some boots on? comfort is the main thing, playing on 3G can be a pain if you are wearing fg and you experience stud pressure, for me a good boot/stud layouts are the adidas sprint sole, bomba finale sole and the nike legend sole and the mizuno moreila sole. I think anything with conical and you should be ok