Astro turf and indoor boots thread - Everything turf and indoor related

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Jun 26, 2011.

1. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
  2. Olly C

Olly C Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Hey guys does anyone have an experience with these?

[​IMG]

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Prod...occer-Cleats-White-White-Black-Red-25106.aspx

I'm thinking of getting them to play with in a new 5-a-side thing I've joined which is played on the 3g pitch with the rubber bits

Other options I was looking at are these:

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Prod...ro-Turf-Soccer-Cleats-Yellow-Black-20023.aspx

Or the Nike Bomba Pro, as I havent been able to find the Finale's in the same kind of price range as the three mentioned..

3. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Playing lesiure leagues?

The umbro's got great reviews, you should look at the adi5's too, i
    Brought them and they are nice very comfy

4. Kasmatsu

Kasmatsu Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Gardner, KS
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the Bomba Finale, Absolions, F10s, some old F30.8s and a couple others. I prefer the Nike Victory which were the second cheapest after the F10s. I've got some Glides on order although I'm not convinced the "higher quality" upper will actually make difference over the Victories. Doesn't really matter though because the Vapor traction outsole is the reason I prefer the Victory/Glide.

The 2 you linked don't interest me. I use the bottom of my feet on the ball a lot in 5 a side, and the Umbro's AG style sole I think would be a disadvantage versus a normal TF or flat. The ignitus looks like the Wave Ignitus boots, but you don't really get the feature set. For Mizuno I would opt for Sonic or Morelia lines in the turfs. Especially the Sonics because the knob pattern on the outsole looks good to me.

For what it is worth, these were my second choice when I ordered my Glides the other day...

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Products/Mizuno-Supersonic-AS-Astro-Mens-Football-Boots-Pearl-Black-Red-24986.aspx

5. Litmanen

Litmanen Member

Jun 27, 2006
    [​IMG]

New Nike 5 Elastico Finale colorway coming up!

6. Milanista_4ever

Milanista_4ever New Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hello Guys
    I just want to ask about Umbro's sizing compared to Nike and what do you all think about the UMBRO GEOMETRA PREMIER TF.
    http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Prod...-Astro-Turf-Soccer-Cleats-WhiteRed-34330.aspx
    Has anyone tried the ECZ
    Is Calf Leather anywhere near K Leather in terms of mirroring the shape of the foot and creating a snug fit.
    I'm buying this anyway but I want to know if there is a new colorway coming soon in addition to the aforementioned.

[​IMG]

Cheers

7. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No one on here has them so your in the unknown, I'd think the other colourways would come in turf

8. Milanista_4ever

Aug 23, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Thanks for your response
    most should have an experience with calf leather
    I would like to know whether it adjusts to the shape of the foot and does it stretch enough to warrant a 0.5 size smaller, how snug does calf leather make the boots.

9. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Calf leather is alot tougher then k,yet abit more durable. As to the fit not sure, it will go to your feet not sure how well though

10. Milanista_4ever

Aug 23, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Thank you very much indeed

11. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've been interested in the Nike Bomba Finale for quite some time, and they have had them on sale at the Nike shop near me for a while. I already had a pair of Samba's but felt like I needed more grip on what I can only describe as gravel/dirt fields at the schools near to where I live.

Anyways, I had an awful day at the hospital yesterday, and am finally feeling a lot better. I can't drink any alcohol or party for a while, and I was feeling pretty down, so I treated myself to a pair of them. I bought them downtown, put them straight on, and cycled home in them. Haven't taken off since...they feel great!

On the side, who here wears the Nike Gator? Or who has even given them a look at? IMO, they look far too chunky to ever consider...

12. Milanista_4ever

Aug 23, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Congratulations, I asked about the Umbro's and now my brother is asking me about Nike5 Bomba PRO
    anyone's tried them

13. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd go for the Bomba Pro's over the Umbro's, simply because the sole of the Umbro extrudes too much.
    The Bomba Pro was directly next to the Bomba Finale's at the store, and they seemed decent, but the price difference was minimal. Can you not get the Bomba Finale at a good price?
    I've never felt synthetic this soft, or a sole so flexible. Pictures to come...

14. labradog

labradog Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    did you mean the Nike Gato? I have a pair of the Nike5 Street Gato and they are great. Good comfort and fit. They do look chunky but I've had no problems with ball control or shooting with them at all

15. BrushMyNoseOff

Aug 25, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Congrats on your Bomba Finale purchase. I have owned a pair of those in White/Light Blue colorway for a few months, and even though they cram my toes a bit too much, I think thy are a great pair of boots for AG/turf play.

As for the Nike Gato, I have 2 pairs of those (both Lunar Gato versions,) I think they are superb. I was hesitant at first because usually I like indoor boots with a much lower profile (foot closer to the surface,) the Lunarlon material they utilized in the sole really gives in, giving you that shock absorption and "bounce", that I really enjoy. They do feel a bit clunky out the box, but give them a few games before feeling the true comfort.

16. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  17. Milanista_4ever

Aug 23, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well I was looking to buy the Umbro's and asked about the Bomba Pro, they have an identical sole to the Finale's but the main question and concern is DURABILITY and FIT, the synthetic Finale is more durable but I think that the Natural leather is more comfortable and conforms better to the shape of the foot
    Like I said in a previous post, the most important aspects are durability and fit, I need a boot which is as durable and snug as possible hence the dilemma.

18. Flx_18

Flx_18 New Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Indonesia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hai! Anyone have nike air zoom control ii fs?Used or new size 43 or 44?Let me know...Thank you very much....

19. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Hello everybody! I am looking for a new pair of indoors and i have narrow feet. I have been looking at the nike5 lunar gato, lotto futsal pro iv, kelme top flex, nike elastico finale, umbro vision pro and nike mercurial victories. Any suggestions?

20. ArsenalCesc4

ArsenalCesc4 Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Argentina
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nike Bomba Pro. They've arrived today...Here, in Argentina, I can get them for $80 (US Dollar). I bought them at ProDirectSoccer for $40 (US Dollar)...for me, it´s a GREAT deal.
    Sorry for my rusty english :p

[​IMG] [​IMG]

21. hwangong

hwangong Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Does anyone have Mizuno Morelia AS in US8.5? I should have picked them up when PDS had them on sale for like $42 shipped to the US!!

22. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    still the best TF shoe on the market IMO. too bad about the weight.

Nike's newest mystic raised the toebox for the worse. much worse.

the 4g syn turf finally lets me go back to FG boots, but it will be some time before 4g works its way around the world, so to speak.

I still like turfs for 3g syn pitches. plus...turfs are the most versatile shoe.

too bad no one is designing anything decent these days.

23. atomicskiracer

Jun 1, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the lunar gato's and love them for indoor. They look a bit clunky, but they don't feel that way..Definitely recomend them.

24. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wore my Bomba Finale's on an astroturf pitch on Saturday, and I am very impressed. Actually, it was my first time playing on a synthetic pitch, and it was also my first time not in fg boots, and I loved it!

The shoes fitted amazingly, and have molded beautifully to my feet. They have the comfort of leather, but the ping of synthetic boots. The touch on them are really nice as well, and the boot gripped on the ball nicely, despite the rain.

25. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England