Astro turf and indoor boots thread - Everything turf and indoor related

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Jun 26, 2011.

1. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is this a real picture of your boot?

2. Sabin Rene Figaro

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Angers SCO
    no it's from the web.

but pretty much the same shoe

3. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. 17CD

17CD Member

Jun 13, 2008
    Maidstone, Eng
    Purchased a pair of Elastico Finale IIs. Two indoor games later (both an hour long) and the right shoe is rubbing the outside of my little toe, so that's a width issue. Is there enough give in the upper for it to adjust to my foot width?

On a semi-related note, for anyone struggling with knee and Achilles problems, I'd recommend a pair of Noene insoles. I don't think it's a coincidence that since I've started using these, the pain in my knee after indoor games has dramatically reduced.

5. Cookie4HatTrick

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As someone with wide feet, the only area of the CTRs I find too narrow would be the toe box. As mentioned previously, the best fit is probably a half size up from your typical shoe size. I can get my feet into an 8, but it's way too tight all over. Meanwhile, with an 8 1/2 there's a tiny bit of space between my toes and the tip of the boot, but it's generally comfortable all around, if snugger than what I'm used to. I've actually also tried on a 9, and while there was what might be considered an excessive amount of space between my toes and the tip of the boot, my feet didn't slip at all. That was with the top end Maestri, though, so there'll be some differences between that and the Trequartista you were looking at (assuming that's what you got).

Here's the thing, though- while it does stretch some, Kanga-lite is not nearly as accommodating as a leather boot, like the ones you mentioned, so if you're used to those, a CTR will probably feel snugger than you're used to, especially going true to size.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Mundial Team.

I haven't played in them personally (though I've tried pairs on in stores), but the Mercurial line as a whole is especially narrow, so if it's uncomfortable, you're better off trying on a different pair of shoes.

6. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    my valentines present
    [​IMG]

for anyone who is interested in them, first try on very very comfortable.

the leather is incredible softer then my legacies.

7. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    You post the same picture in three different threads, why?

8. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    get more views on my trainers bro

got to be popular;)

Dr. Boots and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  9. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea Bob--stop hatin'

Dr. Boots repped this.
  10. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He does it because he is a useless troll and posts senseless drivel. Oh wait, that is someone else.......

11. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

got the Joma Super Regate after reading about it off soccercleats101.com and have to say i've been really impressed by it. Had them for over a month using them for about at least thrice a week for futsal sessions. Won't go into depth about it unless someone's interested in em, just gonna say that if you're looking to get the Lunar Gato's, this is definitely a shoe you should look at cause its similar in style and I'd personally recommend it over the Lunar Gatos.

Mesh upper is really great and you really feel the ball, only gripe personally is that the cushioning isn't good enough, consistently had knee pains which I never had from using my Mizuno Lacamento waves. It is a little chunky on the top as well and I did find it abit uncomfortable to scoop the ball.

12. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I took this picture last night for my mate who said gato's looked weird shaped ( i admit I always thought the same) so I guess there are others who are unsure of the overall fit and shape (they do look bait clunky)

[​IMG]

13. Andrew747

Andrew747 New Member

Feb 17, 2014
    #713 Andrew747, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    Hi guys,

I need to buy a pair of boots and I am torn between Adidas Copa Mundial and Nike's Trequrtista III CTR360 AG.

I play mostly on 3G Turf as an attacking midfielder - so control and feel for the ball is essential for me and weights about 90% on my decision of buying one model over the other.

I know Copa Mundial are FG type but I think I'll be OK with them on turf having conical studs. The Trequartista also have conical studs ... so maybe there is not so much difference between them in that area.

I had Copa Mundial Team Turf and I **HATED** them. It was like playing in ski boots - felt clumsy, no control, no feel for the ball whatsoever due to their sole plate and upper sole construction. Mundial Team Turf are maybe good for defenders, goal keepers and referees. But that is as much as their usefulness goes on the pitch.

I know there are brilliant control boots in $200 range but that is out of my budget. $150 is as max I can go for now.

So, any pro/cons for Copas vs Trequartista ?

Thank you very much for your time.

Andrew

14. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What?! Am i lesser player or something because i play in defence?

15. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    you don't listen to him mark, you are a brilliant defender!

16. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Due the field, I'd choose the Trequartistas AG... You won't feel no pressure points...

If I can ask you, did you went a full size down in Mundial Team... as Copas?

jayc23 repped this.
  17. Andrew747

Andrew747 New Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Hi Serginhobertholi,

Thank you for your feedback !

No. I am wearing 12 US and bought 12. However I think I should have bought 11.5. If I were to order them again, I would go a half size smaller than my normal size (but no more that a half size, I can't see how these boots can stretch).

Compared to other soccer boots I wore, they felt a little wider at the front. I felt my forefoot swinging side to side inside when I took more powerful shots. Could not prevent that no matter how tight I've done my laces. Maybe buying a half size smaller would have prevented that (or maybe not). But since I wasn't happy with their construction anyway, I wouldn't order them again (more details about what I disliked in my next post).

Hope this helps.

serginhobertholi repped this.
  18. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Now he hasn't even responded to me, we defenders must be an even lower species than i first thought if i don't even warrant a reply. :(

19. Andrew747

Andrew747 New Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Hi Markdd2404,

No, no, no. Not at all. I have never thought that way. It is unfortunate that my post somehow triggered such feelings.

I bought Copa Mundial Team TF based on all the great reviews out there. And they (the boots) turned out to be a disappointment to me. So I went back to look at what positions those who posted those reviews were playing. And the majority of them fell under those three categories I mentioned.

The sole of Copa Mundial Team TF is raised about 2cm in front and extends from side to side. On top of that "plastic band" comes 1cm of thick suede leather. Only then starts the K-leather. On the side, something similar happens: the thick, raised sole continues with thick leather which goes quite some way upwards so you end up with a thinner band of K-leather compared to the FG version. Almost certainly one wearing them will hit the ball with both K-Leather and the ticker suede/leather which in my experience greatly reduce the ball feel and control. I felt they were a hindrance when dribbling fast in tight spaces and attempting taking precise shots. However I believe those requirements are unlikely to be at the very top of the priority/must have list of most defenders. After all, there is a reason why companies like Nike and Adidas invest so much money in developing different kind of boots.

20. Andrew747

Andrew747 New Member

Feb 17, 2014
    #720 Andrew747, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    I just did ... A longer reply so it took me longer to write it. Hence the delay.

21. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Never used the Copas, but I have the Trequartistas in AG (have had them over a year now). They're great boots. The Kanga-lite is pretty good. They're arguably the best takedown model you can find. I'd definitely recommend trying them on first, if you can. Just to see how they fit. I think going a half size up is usually good, but some people prefer the tight fit of staying with their normal size.

jayc23 repped this.
  22. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anyway... I recommend, if you go on Trequartistas, a half size up...

23. Mercurial1994

Mercurial1994 Member

Nov 16, 2013
    I am going to start playing indoor next week, the court is made up of black rubber pads.

I played there before and I had really bad issues with shin splints and my heels, I am aware that this is because of my running but are there currently any indoors out there that would minimize what I am experiencing?

Thanks for any replies! :)

24. football123098

Nov 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have the pele radium stealth k. They're great the kangaroo leather is very soft and very comfortable. Also, I have the adidas adi5 x. They are ok but not nearly as good as the peles.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

My recommendation is to put a pair of heel inserts into your boots. Keeps your feet constantly in a toe off position and helps lessen impact.

Currently using dr scholls heel cups cause they have this 'wave' tech ish which disperses impact and reminds me of the mizuno wave tech.