Asood Al Rafidayn Thread '12 edition - the road to Brazil continues [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Irakien, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the game now. what was the penalty decision like?

2. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ahmad Radhi is also criticising Hawar and question his fitness level...

3. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Aljazeera's pundits all agree that it was a correct call. I agree with them.

A freekick was being taken by Younis Mahmoud just outside the penalty are, one player from the Omani wall raised his arm and changed the ball's direction, the Referee then awarded a correct penalty.

4. Irakien

Irakien Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    The second half was pathetic. We failed to create any chances, never felt that we were really going to do something at this game.

We lost foru valuable points. Not looking really bright TBH.

5. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Pff, I don't know where to begin. I only saw the last 20 minutes of the game; it was depressing. Absolutely no game plan, no urge (or ability) to score. The biggest fear of the Iraqi fans seems to become reality; the combination of overaged players and players who do not have any game rythm at all is killing the team. I am very sorry to say that Zico failed to select the best players and starting eleven. I thought he would play a crucial role in giving the players confidence and utilising matches against the weaker teams. I hope that the iraqi fans will realize that it's not only the fault of the players but also the management of the team that continued way too long with this group.

6. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    Didn't watch today's game but it sounds like a toothless performance from Iraq. Two of the easiest games in the group to begin with and no travelling to do really and we still manage to drop 4 points.

A tough trip away to Japan next then a game against Australia, and no less than 4 points will do if we are to qualify. Seems like we've blown it before this has even begun!

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  7. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    I wrote a new piece on the 3rd match day and focused a wee bit on Iraq. Hope you enjoy guys :)

8. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    So, we are supposed to play our first game in the Jarab nations cup on sunday against Lebanon. However, there are protests from our side since the referee will be an egyptian. In addition, we were given a training field that consists of artificial grass. Zico refused to train on the pitch. Bottom line: the IFA is threatening to withdraw. I am not agitated by the possibility that we are going to miss such a great and prestigious tournament but by the fact that the new players will not have a chance to prove themselves.

9. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Upcoming friendlies ?

10. Irakien

Irakien Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  11. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  12. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  13. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    http://www.iraqfpg.com/Docs.ArabicViewer/59b7d6c6-f6a5-43a4-bc5c-d2b79f89fd93/Default.aspx

In an exclusive interview with this website Zico reveals the mess in the IFA. It is a miracle that our national and youth teams are performing the way they are given the circumstances. I can't help but think about our potential if we had a decent football association.

Summary of the interview: Zico and his assistants haven't received their salaries for months now (That's why the assistants where absent). The IFA is not fullfilling the demands of Zico regarding everything and especially friendlies (he seems agitated about the friendlies in the Turkey camp). As a consequence Zico is threatening to leave the NT.

Embarrassing.

14. Irakien

Irakien Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    hahahahahaha

15. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
  16. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  17. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    A last minute friendly against Qatar/Lebanon will now take place while the FA line their pockets.

18. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  19. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    If the Libyans pull out apparently.

Zico is still not back in Baghdad and the training camp is scheduled to begin on 20th August. I think Japan's preparations are going a bit more smoothly :p

20. Irakien

Irakien Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Why bother with friendlies, we're going to win easily..I mean it's only Japan. :rolleyes:

21. IraqiCanadian

IraqiCanadian New Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Quebec
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We are going to lose badly to Japan. Look at their preparations ; Friendlies with Venezuela, UAE and Brazil while our team has not played a single match and they recently gathered without our Qatar based players and as usual Zico comes 1 or 2 weeks before any official match !

22. Irakien

Irakien Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Team's in Korea now.

Really nice gesture by the Koreans!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]