Asood Al Rafidayn Thread '12 edition - the road to Brazil continues [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Irakien, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    We're doomed :(

2. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    How is he as a coach? Any success?
    Judging from the reaction here, Im guessing it its not good. But again, I dont know much about his credentials as a manager.

3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    If Maradona takes over, we are 100% finished. This crackhead couldn't make it in the UAE league, and couldn't do anything at all at the world cup with the best attack in the world. He will destroy the iraqi national team.

If he is appointed, it is more of an appointment for the Iraq FA rather than for the national team.
    His record is 24 wins in 64 matches in the whole of his coaching career.

4. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Im sorry to hear that. I guess Iraqi federation settled for a "name" rather than a proven successful manager. But who knows, maybe he can find a way to instill the fire in your boys and Iraq national team. Sometimes a good motivator is whats needed. But again, I wouldnt know if Maradona is that either.

5. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I'd rather have a low profile coach who cares about the team, and stays in Iraq to improve the team.. Not a big name like Maradona. He was a good player, but he is a bad coach..

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  6. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

7. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Many names are linked to coaching the NT but i think that a lot of those names are just being mentioned by our football association to show that they have a big list of potential coaches. After the Zico story, the IFA will choose the next coach with extreme caution and that's why i think that in the end they'll choose for an arab coach or not a big name.

8. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Iraq 1-2 Tunisia

A disgraceful performance. The incompetence of the coach was visible throughout the entire game. Same problem as stated before; no striker and no playmaker. At these times i think about players like haider sabah (who never got a chance with the NT) and ali abbas who is being neglected.