Asics Boot Thread- Everything Asics posted here please!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by kiongsm, Feb 4, 2009.

1. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/asics-soccer-sho...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

thats all i could find i dont know the name

2. Burra

Burra New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    pretty bloody close there soccer4life.

The ones I remember all had the Testimonial white tongues, but even those look good.

Thanks heaps. I would welcome any more that people can find.

Cheers,

Burra.

3. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I got my Asics Testimonial Light today from PDS. The boots are awesome--great quality, stitched and glued, seem really comfy with great feel. The tongue says Japan but nowhere on the shoe or the box does it actually say where they are made. Judging from the quality, lack of JPN size info and Italian words on the original size sticker on the box, they are probably made in Italy.

They turned out to be too small, mostly due to the incompetence of the PDS staff who provided me with wrong JPN/CM sizing (2 different people, same wrong info), plus had the wrong EU size uploaded in their size box on their website in the first place.

The boots are EU 43.5 (not 44.5 as the website states); UK 9.5; US 10.5; no CM or JPN sizing, as I mentioned, but I'd say they are 27.5 or 28. I'm 28.5 in all of my Mizunos and the Asics are about half a size too small for me. I was told by the PDS people that UK 9.5 converts to 28.5, which is definitely not true for Asics. Asics definitely cuts its cleats smaller than Mizuno.

I'm of course bummed. I already posted in the Swap Shop including the picture so if anyone is interested, especially from the US, please check it out. It's a great chance to own a truly unique pair of cleats. Thanks.

4. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Oh dear,

sorry to hear abt the sizing mistakes.....

now i worried tht i may face the same problem....uk6 or 6.5?????

maybe i stick with the new 2009 morelia..:)

good luck in your re-sale

5. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I think you should be ok if you know your UK size. I was relying on JPN size and since they got it wrong ( I also wish Asics provided this info on its boots), I got the sizing wrong. And of course you can't go wrong with the Morelia, especially since you know your size well by now :)

6. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  7. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I played in my new Tigreors today and they are awesome. Right out of the box, no blisters or discomfort. The break-in time is virtually zero. Highly recommended, especially for wide-footed players as they do run wide. PDS has them at 43 BP right now. Incredible deal for such fantastic shoe.

[​IMG]

8. noelbati

noelbati Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Sacramento Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    just ordered some asics lethal testimonials from zappos today. let you know how they feel when they get here despite i can't play cause of a torn pectoralis muscle in my chest. hopefully i'll see a difference in the upper compared to the asics lethal tigreors and the asics tigreor IT's i've had!

9. trivela

trivela New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Club:
    AC Bellinzona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

how is the touch on those boots? i really don't like synthetic boots but i would give these a try especially at that price. are they light?

10. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    The microfiber material is pretty thin, but the touch feels different than kangaroo leather. I've only played in them once so far so maybe it's just a matter of adjusting. My accuracy was great though. If you lose anything in touch, you'll gain in power, partly thanks to the rubber/plastic vamps that seem to add extra juice when you kick.

They are pretty light, listed at 245 grams on PDS. For comparison, the Ghost Striker was listed at 210 gr so the difference is really insignificant. I also swore off synthetic boots after getting my first pair of Mizunos a few years back, but I'm happy I got these. I don't think you'd have any regrets as long as you get the right size. Btw, I believe Rakuten has the Japanese market version of these with the forefoot made of kangaroo leather.

11. DJD09

DJD09 New Member

May 18, 2009
    South Florida
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Asics are my favorite cleats, unfortuanately there is no places here in the US to try them before buying. Not only that but I can't seem to find a reliable place who sells them online.

12. Kasmatsu

Kasmatsu Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Gardner, KS
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zappos sells them, with free shipping both ways, and 365 day return policy.

http://www.zappos.com/lethal-asics

13. zidane yiap

zidane yiap New Member

Jul 6, 2009
    malaysia
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    hi..my asics tigreor azuli blue fg(IT) frm PDS ..UK9.5..EU44.5..JP285..is good boot,very light,width n comfort..:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  15. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Very nice, kinogsm. What are the last pair? Look like a Tigreor but different from the one I have. Pretty cool, though.

16. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    it's the 3rd generation tigreor....TIGREOR IT (i think yr 2005/06)

i got it from a shop located in Denmark.....www.unisport.dk at a very good offer, less than 50%, but they no longer sell asics boots

i understand tht ebay Italy still has it but almost 100-EU$ !!!!! Still very popular among Serie-A pros....

the rest are all in 25.5cm, except the blue tigreor which is a uk6 us7 jp25.....but the fitting is the same

incidentally, 1 of my favorite...extremely comfortable n' ideal for hard, dry, short-grassed pitches

the silver/blue DS Light Genio just arrived from Japan on Sunday.....got it thru' a relative ....it's on 30% discount....US$126-130

by the way, do check out the rakuten intl on the DS Light Genio.....on sale....40+% off RRP....really worth buying

http://en.item.rakuten.com/ballclub...07-0090&sm=1&vm=1&f=1&tl=402099&sid=225050&k=

http://en.item.rakuten.com/kemari87...07-0090&sm=1&vm=1&f=1&tl=402099&sid=229747&k=

17. rmwtjksn

rmwtjksn New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm sure my question has been posted somewhere but after reading all the comments, i'm now lost between the numbers.

I own a Nike Air size 43 (US 9 & UK 9.5 i think). Because i have wide feet, the boots are obviously too long but fit nicely on the width.

[​IMG]

I really really want to buy the Asics Tigreor IT (white with blue stripes. not sure what kind of studs. Pisc are too small).

[​IMG]

Can someone please advise what size i should get for the Asics Tigreor IT??

18. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    i hv a pair of the asics tigreor IT as shown abv but in blue/white

size is a uk6 us7, no eu size measurement on the box or label

for comparison, it's a same fitting in length but wider width compared to a uk6.5 us7.5 eu40.5 in nike tiempo legend

but the 2008 release of the lethal tigreor IT azuli blue will be a uk6.5 us7.5....pls note!

as i mentioned in my earlier thread, it's 1 of the most comfortable boots tht asics has ever made....still a favorite choice among the Serie-A pros......

in ebay italy, it's selling at EU$100!

19. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    hi guys im needing some advise. im a mizuno fan and ive have looked at the asics DS Light Genio, c3 and tigreor IT. i have the ghost strikers II which are real nice but i was wondering how the three asics play and feel compared to the mizuno ghost strikers and say the shinkens

20. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    welcome to asics range

ds light genio:
    standard last, tho' has a slim "cut" is pretty snug thru' out
    k-leder forefoot is very very soft, but not too much padding, as tis is a super light boot
    for me, zero "break-in" time, it fits immediately and mold to my foot after a couple of wearings
    the outsole is so so flexible tht flex n' move according to your foot movement
    the small n short conical studs is excellent for dry/short grassed pitches
    highly higly recommended......u shd check out the link i posted above....very good price!
    http://en.item.rakuten.com/ballclub...07-0090&sm=1&vm=1&f=1&tl=402099&sid=225050&k=

C3:
    100% full k-leder, top top quality boots, well padded
    fitting is tighter than ds light genio n tigreor it
    also zero break-in time for me
    the bigger conical studs is excellent for grassy n' even soft/wet pitches
    outsole is not as flexible as the ds light genio
    excellent classic, another 5-star for me!

tigreor it (i assume it's the azuli model)
    wider forefoot compared to the 2 abv
    the short blades is perfect for dry/hard/short grassed pitches
    another flyer as it is also very light
    tho' microfibre, it is very soft n' comfortable
    the azuli blue has superb visibility

in my case, i wear the same size for all 3 (ds light genio, C3 n' tigreor it) ie. 25.5cm

for GS2 n' shinken, it is also in the same size

GS2 fits more like the tigreor it n DS Light Genio (tho' the Genio is tighter)

Shinken resembles more towards the C3

well, if at all possible and affordable, GET the Genio n' C3!!!!!

good luck :)

21. trivela

trivela New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Club:
    AC Bellinzona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    my morelia ripped a few weeks back and i got the genio in silver/blue. let me tell you something, this boot is spectacular.

Previously i was on mizuno morelia EL, which is a fantastic boot as well, and very similar in feeling to the genio. however the genio is a touch heavier (which is needed, the EL is very light at around 200g). this gives me a bit more on my long shooting and passing, while still giving me that barefoot feeling that i love to control the ball very quickly and using deft touches to get around opponents.

the main problem i have with most boots is the stiff feeling that makes me feel like im playing in dress shoes. after going to the morelia, there is almost no way you can play in another boot but the Asics genio went above and beyond my expectation

22. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    trivela,

spot-on!

btw, which shop did you get the silver/blue Genio?

yeah, the Genio is almost like the morelia, tho' the latter is narrower

both offer superb "barefootedness feeling"

make sure you get the correct size!

in my case, it's a same size as the morelia, shinken, GS2 (25.5cm UK6.5 US7.5
    EU40).....with a 2 - 3 mm extra at the toe end of the boot....my foot measured 25.3cm

23. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    kiongsm thanks for the help. i still have some questions lol. i have wide flat feet and you was saying the tigreor it azuli have a wide fit. aslo they have a 10mm wedge in the heel does it make a difference?

another thing is the stud config. which out of the tigreor it azuli and ds light genio hold up best for quick change of movement?

is the much differnce between the ds light genio and genio. i only ask this as i went on the site and got COMPLETEY confused with the different model names which looked the same.

im a 9.5uk so i would be a 28.5 cm rite?

many thanks.

24. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    01. yes, tigreor it azuli blue shd fit a wide feet well, but it's microfibre, therefore won't stretched much, the HG10mm suppose to enhance cushioning to minimise injuries due to shock.

02. technically, blades suppose to enhance lift-off, but my experience with Genio conical studs was equally as good

03. DS Light Genio has external heel counter, it's the top range boots
    TSI707-9343 Silver/Blue
    TSI707-0023 White/Red
    TSI707-0090 White/silver/black

the other ones are DS Light (no external heel counter, K-leder forefoot + microfibre, same outsole/studs config)

go for the DS Light Genios!

since you're wide feet, DS Light Genio shd fit you pretty well too, as the soft forefoot leather will stretch perfectly to mould to your feet

The tigreor it has a more contoured footbed which suits those not so flat footed, but the DS Light Genio has a flat footbed

*footbed = the piece tht attach the upper to the outsole, where you slide in the removable insole

btw, the insole of the DS Light Genio is made of asics patented SpEva technology with Ex-grip tht prevent slippage, also offering excellent cushioning

04. yes, uk9.5 = JP28.5cm