Asics Boot Thread- Everything Asics posted here please!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by kiongsm, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Rangersfan_1

Rangersfan_1 Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    At long last my tigreors arrived today XD

They are awesome

2. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Are the Tigreors made in China or Japan?

3. Kasmatsu

Kasmatsu Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Gardner, KS
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ordered the Lethal Testimonial. I've been looking for a classic K leather boot to put in rotation with my Lasers. I had been debating between Legend II and the Morelia, but those Asics just look so good.

4. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    kasmatsu,

really glad to hv you in the asics line-up

would greatly appreciate your review as soon as you receive the boot....sizing/fitting as compared to your Lasers/other boots; overall feel and performance of the boot

cheers

5. Rangersfan_1

Rangersfan_1 Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Mines are Chinese, but the quality is mint!

6. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I too ordered the Lethal Testimonial from Zappos last night. Athletic "consultants" are not available on weekends and the sales rep was unable to tell me much about the boots. She said Asics are made either in China or Japan, and that's about it. The cool thing about Zappos is that all the shipping is free within the US, including returns. I bought 2 pairs in different sizes just in case. They also upgraded the shipping method to priority so I should get them early next week. I will post pictures and sizing tips when they arrive.

P.S.

There is a picture in the Player Spotting thread from a Roma v. Chievo game and it looks like Pinzi from Chievo is wearing the very boots we're talking about. Can anybody confirm it? Post #821 and 845 with my cheeky comment:cool:

7. Rangersfan_1

Rangersfan_1 Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Wore my Tigreor for the first time today, didnt even have to break them in :D

The touch is awesome, and my shooting improved.

Lets see how the hold up when I play Rugby

8. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    just being informed tht the new Lethal Testimonials 2 IT will be released at PDS next month, retalied at 79.99

9. Rangersfan_1

Rangersfan_1 Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Loving my new Tigreors and a rugby game today, and they feel light but supportive at the same time. Also the feel of the ball and place kicking and general kicking is awesome

10. Kasmatsu

Kasmatsu Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Gardner, KS
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sizes according to the tags on the shoes.

Laser II 12US 46EUR 30CM

Lethal Testimonial 12US 46.5EUR 29.5CM

Kind of strange how the EUR size is bigger on the asics, but the CM size is smaller. However both boots fit the same.

You notice the 10mm heel raise the first time you stand in them. I like how the asics stripes on the side are not just cosmetic like other brands logos, but is actually part of the boot's support.

The k leather is very similar to my old Lotto Stadio Elite. I think the Lotto has a bit more padding in the vamp which makes the Asics feel softer.

I'll let you know how they work once I've gotten to use them in some action.

11. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Kasmatsu,

many thks for your input

just one more....how about the UK sizing?

i understand tht the US12 of your Laser 2 = UK11

btw, how much room u hv btwn your big toe and the edge of the lethal testimonial?

any chance of posting some pictures? :)

again, many thks

12. Kasmatsu

Kasmatsu Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Gardner, KS
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The asics don't have a UK size listed on them. I'll try to take some pictures this weekend.

13. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Well, the Lethal Testimonial IT are on their way back to Zappos. I'm so bummed! I was so excited but just didn't like them enough to keep them.

The boot is made in China and the quality is ok but definitely not on par with my Japanese Morelia Waves. The kangaroo leather felt quite stiff, more like calf leather. The tongue is made of shiny and very cheap looking synthetic leather. The tongue flap is only about 2 inches so it kind of looks weird, especially since there is no velcro to hold it down. Every time I put the boots on, it was standing upright.

The boot is definitely wide; the last at the widest part was about a quarter of an inch wider than the Morelia or the Predator. Players looking for a wide shoe should put the Lethal Testimonial on their list, all other things aside. The heel cup felt quite snug, but I could feel the break where the heel cup's stiff part joins the soft rim; I was afraid it might cause rubbing and blisters when in actual play as it happened with a pair of the Lotto Stadio boots I once bought.

As has already been said, the sizing is totally messed up. I bought 2 pairs of different sizes just in case, and it would be impossible to match all the different sizes for comparison with other brands. There's no UK sizing, only EUR, CM and US. One pair was EUR 45, CM 28.5 and US 11. The other EUR 44.5 and US 10.5 and it actually had a blank under CM. I would suggest going with the CM scale (if possible), which is the same as the JPN scale, for reference. It seemed to be the most true. Most of my cleats are EUR 44 and JPN 28.5--sizes that are very different for Asics, but CM 28.5 was the right size for me.

I'm still very interested in Asics boots but the C3 and Tigreors on Rakuten are not offered in my size. I noticed the DS Light Genio go up to 28.5. Anybody has a pair or could give me more info on those? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Finally, for those who live in the US and want to find out for themselves, I must say buying from Zappos is pretty fool proof. They ship for free and upgrade to priority so that I placed my order on Friday night and got my shoes on Monday. They also provide free shipping return label.

14. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I suggest trying the original Testimonial from PDS, classic style, Japan made, fully stitched outsole. May pro's have said after their career than they were the best boot they every wore, I remember almost all of the Italian league wearing them in the mid 90's.

15. Kasmatsu

Kasmatsu Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Gardner, KS
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played in mine for about 3 hours today. They are super comfortable. In fact at a full sprint they are probably the most comfortable boots I have experienced. The 10mm heel raise, the stud pattern it all combines into pure bliss while you are burning down the line!

I didn't have any issues with fold over staying down. Mine stay down fine, but I have been storing them with the tongue folded under the laces.

I'll put a few shots of them in the picture thread.

16. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    thks guys for the updates on the new lethal testimonials

actusreus13, sizing same as your mizuno morelia wave?....sorry tht it didn't meet your requirements :)

....on the Genio, the fitting is just about same as my morelia in terms of length (just 1-2mm longer), but it's much wider....the forefoot K-leather is not so well padded but could be purposely made as such to reduce weight, almost zero-break-in .....heel/ankle lining is soft smooth microfiber....very good grip, no blister at all at 1st wearing....as claimed, one of the lightest boot i had experience.....

i still recommend the C3.....you can email sportsguide to ask if they can get your 28.5cm

kasmatsu....glad for u r happy with it, n the feedback too :)

17. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    JC--thanks for the suggestion; I have been eying those for a while now but have also been intrigued by the 10 mm gradient on some Asics models that supposedly helps ease the stress on the knees. I injured my MCL recently and thought it'd be a good idea to try it out.

Kiongsm--CM 28.5 was the right size for me, which is the size I wear the Morelia in but in JPN. I assume it's the same thing. But all of my Mizunos are also EUR 44 and US 10.5 while the Asics were EUR 45 and US 11. I'd suggest going with the CM scale for reference, as I believe you suggested to me. It's the only scale that remained unchanged. Trying to match the US and EUR scales to other shoes for comparison seems to be just too inconsistent.

Thanks for the Genio info. It sounds like most Asics models are really cut wide. I might have to stay with Mizuno after all. Not a bad option to fall back on, right?:eek:

18. Kasmatsu

Kasmatsu Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Gardner, KS
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got the Gel Nimbus 10 running shoe today, and it lists the same sizes as the Lethal Testimonial. US 12, EUR 46.5 and CM 29.5 It also fits pretty much exactly the same as the Testimonial. So although the sizing is listed kinda strangely, they appear to be consistent. So anybody wanting to order the football boots from Zappos or the japanese stores could get a rough idea of how the sizing works by going to a store and trying on the Asics running shoes.

19. Centrocampista10

Jan 1, 2006
    I'd like to order some Tigreors but I have a couple of questions:

- how is the toebox? Is it rather wide or rather snug?
    - how much time would you expect it takes to break them in?
    - I have a EUR 41 in Predator Powerswerve, what would be the right size for the Tigreors?

20. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Does anybody know the UK equivalent of 28.5 CM for Asics? Any help much appreciated.

21. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    if i based on the lethal tigreor IT azuli blue, it's a UK9.5

mine is a 25.5 UK6.5 US7.5 EU40.5

22. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    if i based on the lethal tigreor IT azuli blue, it's a UK9.5

mine is a 25.5 UK6.5 US7.5 EU40.5

23. Rangersfan_1

Rangersfan_1 Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Ive just properly wore my Azulis on superturf, The stud combo is awesome for that surface

24. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks, kiongsm. I'm thinking of getting the classic Testimonials from PDS but they only state sizes in UK and EU. I was informed that both UK 9.5 and 10 equal to CM 28.5 but they are out of 10. I'm a little skeptical about the fact that both 9.5 and 10 are allegedly CM 28.5 since Mizuno CM 28.5 are always UK 9.5. Too bad PDS seems to be the only place that carries this particular boot so that no comparison is possible.

25. Burra

Burra New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Is anyone old enough here to remember when Asics had boots very similar to testimonials, only there were coloured other than the standard black and white?

I remember back in the late 90's they had red and blue boots with the white tongue, that looked spectacular. I have been searching for them since, but can't find them. Any ideas, or anyone seen anything like that?