Review: Asian Cup 2015 - Saudi Arabia's Qualifying Group

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by hammad_friend, Oct 20, 2012.

1. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Saudi have to Play against Iraq, Chain and Indonesia in the Asian Cup 2015 Qualifying Round.
    Following is the match schedule:

MD1 06-02-2013 IRAQ - INDONESIA
    SAUDI ARABIA - CHINA P.R.

MD2 22-03-2013 INDONESIA - SAUDI ARABIA
    CHINA P.R. - IRAQ

MD3 15-10-2013 INDONESIA - CHINA P.R.
    IRAQ - SAUDI ARABIA

MD4 15-11-2013 CHINA P.R. - INDONESIA
    SAUDI ARABIA - IRAQ

MD5 19-11-2013 INDONESIA - IRAQ
    CHINA P.R. - SAUDI ARABIA

MD6 05-03-2014 IRAQ - CHINA P.R.
    SAUDI ARABIA - INDONESIA

2. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Round 1:

KSA vs CHN: 2-1 for KSA
    IRQ vs IDN: 1-0 for IRQ

3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Mabrook for the win against China:) The second goal was amazing! I hope that you'll qualify together with Iraq (With Iraq topping the group ofcourse hehehe :D )

4. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    First Half End between Saudi Arabia vs Iraq 1-0
    Though Saudi Goal seems to be Off-Side ... but we will take it :)

5. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    FT: Saudi Arabia vs Iraq 2-0

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We have a good midfield ....but a shaky defence..its probably we are not gettting the best pair of CB.. Osamah hawsawi is consistent and always fit .. Next to him comes Osamah Muwallad who has become more injury prone now but can be the best choice along Hawsawi..Kamel Mousa is decent but has attitude which you find in Ahli players. Majed is the third and final choice but he is doing well this season in Hilal..
    Our midfield has lot of good attackers.. Salem , Abed , Abdul Aziz Dosary and of course Fahad Muwallad are all young have a lot pace and dribbling power. They need to be trained well and keep going in the team to be consistent. Tayseer and Kariri are brilliant always.
    Lastly , the striking remains a worry too. We dont have a good finishers . This is because of the clubs ruining them. Hilal runined Eisa Mahyani, Saad harthi , Qahtani and now in line is Yousef Salem. Nasser did the same with Malek Muaz. The remaining ones like Hazazi, Shamrani, Sahlawi and to name a few keep coming going which makes them inconsistent to the team.

Anyways , Lopez is placing his cards well. Now a win at home to Iraq again will secure the spot. After test the benchers for the next two matches.

7. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Fine with the Test, but Hope the New Saudi FA doesn't lose the patience with the Coach if the result goes other way around in the last 2 matches being test match of young Saudis in the 1st NT colour.

8. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Congrats with the win against us. I think it's almost certain that Saudi Arabia will top the group and qualify.

Hope we will take the second spot..

Aimar 21 repped this.
  9. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

I think Iraq will qualify anyhow along with China.

10. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I hope we will qualify along with Saudi Arabia. The Asian Cup final in 2007 was amazing. I want to meet Saudi Arabia again in 2015. :D

11. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yea, sure, but I pray this time the result be opposite ;)

12. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I pray both of us do well in Asian Cup (assuming we qualify) and kick the ass of Australia and Japan. The best finals are Arab finals! :)

13. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not thoroughly impressed by the NT performance but the game vs. Iraq has been good so far.

14. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    We didn't play particularly well, but at least we showed a bit of tenacity and spirit. Now we just need to get sharper in our passing.

15. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Congrats for the qualification to Asian Cup. I think the the 4-4-2 system suits this team better. If it were up to me I'd copy Hilal's formation and play Y.Shehri in Nevez's position. The DM & CM will be composed of Ghalib and Kariri (or Taiseir). I think we can be more dangerous coming from the flanks using the fast players we have.

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So four out of four to be frank I shocking.. The only thing the coach is doing is to put the players in the right position and play a natural game. We did not have any easy win which shows the team is conservative enough. Now the match against China is away and team cannot be changed in four days time..At last three points matter the most but do you guys think Saudi NT is slowly coming back to its shape...???

17. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If the coach was given more time and freedom in his decisions to work with this group of players there is no reason to not be optimistic about the future. As you said Lopez seems to know the players better than Rijkaard and while I didn't like how conservative we were against Iraq I can't complain considering the good results achieved so far.

We're not favorites to win the 2015 Asian Cup IMO but I don't want to see another coach sacked if he failed to win it, we'd go back running in the same circle again .

18. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Lopez has now only one reason to be replaced and that is Gulf Cup that to in KSA. If he fails there then there might be chances of him be replaced consedering we will have one year without competative football be played and get a new coach and start the circle again. But I dont think the football pundits in home is much happy with him..

19. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't rate him that high but I'm not sure if there are a better managers out there who would agree to take that job and survive. Gulf Cup should be irrelevant but looking back to the decision of sacking Calderon after a meaningless tournament and just before the world cup remind me to not exclude anything.

I hope the FA is run better now than that time previously. BTW, the fans in eastern region are always awesome.

20. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The way this Saudi team set up you would think they are playing Spain or Germany. Too many DMs and CMs for my liking.

10 minutes to go and conceding a late goal isn't unlikely to happen in those sorts of matches.

21. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Thank you KSA... Many many many thanks.

Love from Iraq

Aimar 21 repped this.
  22. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I think this is the second time we are helping you the last one was in Gulf Cup I beleive

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yeah ...The coach is some what defensive with counter attacking minded..Considering we have fast players on the flanks this might the best suited for the team ... We played better in the first half but the second was the same..

24. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I don't care I'm so glad KSA didn't lose.

Now we have the final match against China in Iraq. If we're lucky we can even advance with a tie

25. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KSA, hurry up and come back to your old glory. We as your west Asian rivals are missing you and your strong defensive and time wasting tactics. Competitions are boring this days. The only difference is that South Korea is not as strong as they used to be. Japanese has no serious challenge and Australians are getting old and slow. Uzbekistan has become a good team to watch in future. We need a strong Arab team to make the Asian competition more interesting. In case you have yet guessed our nationality then take look at the other side of Persian Gulf. I wish you more success and glory and my our old rivalry resumes as soon as possible.:)