AS Roma Transfer Rumor, Speculation, and Official Transfer thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Garibaldi, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Robots......that's what i say, Frickin Robots we have for a team!

I say lets get rid of cassano and montella and dacourt and perrotta!!! - now.

What a sorry ass dispaly of football ....robots with no brains!!!! and lets get rid of the roma management for picking these robots too - they don't give a damn.

1) we need a coach - a damn good coach

2) we need playmakers..... not ball pushers!!! ie Dacourt, Perrotta!!!

3) lets not revolve the whole team around Totti.... he needs support!

4) Lets get rid of some players like hmmmm - Cassano!!!! ( ass boy ) he needs his papa ...boo hoo hoo

5) we need money!!

6) We need big strong aggressive attackers ie: Adriano types!!! not puny little planes like Montella - on his own he is completely useless!!!!

7 ) what the heck ......WE NEED A BRAND NEW *#@$#@#$# TEAM!!!!

Romanistas lets talk!!!!

2. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Re: Can't wait for next season!!! - which players

lol this is almost your 5th coach in the past 2 years.

3. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US

Sell list
    Dacourt
    Cassano
    Dellas
    Pelizzoli
    Corvia (loan him out)

Buy list
    Mozart
    Ledesma
    D'Agastino (He is doing well at Messina)
    Mutu
    Bonera
    Parisi

Anyone agree with me?

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

1) First get a manager that wants to stay and build a program @ Roma...not for a few months.
    2) Every team needs creative MF
    3) Sometimes it seems like Totti loves being the center of the Roma Universe, but alas you are totally correct Totti would be so much more deadly with a solid striking partner.
    4) love the a$$ boy comment concerning Cassano...tell us how you really feel...lol.
    5) Yup...hard to compete with the rich clubs.
    6) Montella is a damn fine 3rd or 4th scoring option on a very good side.
    7) Take it easy...save a core of players and dump 3-4 starters.

5. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY

You forgot Perrotta and that french guy that we bought last year what's his face on your sell list. I think we should keep Cassano for 1 more year because i believe he will shape up or ship out.

for the buy list i always wanted Mutu but it seems everytime we come close to him another team with more money wins the battle. If we can get davids another guy who was suppose to come to roma a year or 2 ago then i think we should have a capable team.

6. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US

French guy? Do you mean Mexes? Mexes is a quality defender. In a few years he will be among the best.

Sell list
    Dacourt
    Cassano
    Dellas
    Pelizzoli
    Corvia (loan him out)
    Perrotta
    Maybe even Mancini?

Buy list
    Mozart
    Ledesma
    D'Agastino (He is doing well at Messina, so lets bring him back from the loan.)
    Mutu
    Bonera
    Parisi
    Davids
    Langella

7. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003

2) Totti is the creative midfielder for Roma (is he good enough?) lol
    3) Totti is NOT a striker
    6) Montella a 3rd option?????? He is either leading Serie A in scoring or is second... ffs, what more do you expect??? :rolleyes:
    7) take it easy, yet dump HALF THE STARTERS???? maybe you shouldnt follow Roma catfish~

8. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Well - well,

As Roma - Next season!!!!

Coach - Sersi Cosmi or Zeman

Front line - Mutu - Bojinov

Mid line - Taddei - Robinho - Totti - Mancini

Back line - Chivu - Dellas - Mexes - Cufre

Goal - Curci

Now that's what I'm talking about..... A team worth noting!!!

Viva la Roma!

Romanistas Lets talk

9. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line

These shoot Brad Pitt banners are making the site load so slooooooowly.

Anyway, I can't remember where Panucci was playing when Cafu was the right back. Was he in the midfield, center half, or left back? If he could play left back I would move Ferrari to right back, put Panucci on the left, and keep Chivu and Mexes in the middle. Dellas would be next on board in case of injury (or too many cards in Panucci's and Mexes' cases).

I have to stand pat with my post in another thread as far as the midfield is concerned: Totti playing just behind two strikers (Montella and ? Mutu would be good if we could trade Cassano and get some cash in return), Figo on the right, DeRossi handling defensive duties, and someone on the left (I don't have a player in mind at this point but I can say that Perrotta, Aquilani, et al have shown that they aren't going to shine--they've had a lot of chances). I wouldn't mind seeing Roma take a run at Davids or I wouldn't mind seeing Roma take a run at Ze Maria and put Figo in mid right with Ze Maria playing on the right. But I'm not signing the checks.

As far as coaches, I would say that a person losing at another Italian club is not the way to go. We need a winner. Capello was a winner before he came to Roma and he had the players' respect. They played hard for him. Le Guen or Deschamps. Take care.

10. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When did Figo sign for Roma?

And Garibaldi, what's up with the lineup you posted? Is that a joke or a wish list or what? Robinho and Bojinov make me think wish list but who in their right mind would wish for Cufre, Mancini, and Dellas?

11. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Why not..... Cufre/Dellas/ Mancini - these players are good.

Cufre has shown hard work and persistence and I must say Dellas and Mancini have not been playing their positions.... actually they've been thrown here and there where needed - not good. These players are good for their respective positions and should be played.

Of course , I forgot to include De Rossi..... and what the hell is the " Figo " talk - Forget it Jack, he's a bum! a low life of a traitor a "ronaldo" - get what i mean. Plus he's overrated as a player.

Lets talk.

12. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US

Robinho and Totti are not center mids. Totti is an attacking mid and Robinho is a left forward. If you want to keep Roma's current defenders, then you will have Chivu and Mexes in the middle, with Panucci and Cufre on the wings.

What I would want is this

----------------------Frey
    -----------------Mexes--Chivu
    --Panucci------------------------------Cufre
    ---------------------Mozart
    -----------Ledesma
    ----------------------------De Rossi

---------------------Totti
    ---Montella------------------------Mutu

Subs:
    Curci
    Mancini
    Langella
    Ferrari
    D'Agostino
    Parisi

13. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY

No i meant Mido. That guy is awful and was the worst decision that roma made. He was a last ditch effort at the end of the trading week.

14. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US

Well he is doing well with Spurs. Mido isn't French either.

15. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY

Oh boy that was a knee slapper.:rolleyes:
    What is he then?

16. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto

Egyptian.

17. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line

I didn't say we should sell Dellas. I think he should be our fifth option. Curfre has improved but he is not as good as Mexes, Chivu, Panucci, Ferrari, or Dellas. I wouldn't sell him if we don't have to but I would sell him to get cash to improve the midfield. Mancini may be having an off year but he's only had one good year so that's nothing to brag about. He is horrible this year. He can't get a good cross in to save his life. We don't have anyone better at this point but next year we better get a good replacement or we'll be in the same boat.

Must be a Barca fan. Figo's betrayal of Barca isn't my concern. I think he goes to ground a bit too often but beyond that he is a quality player. In fact, he is having an excellent season. He can run at defenses, he can cross the ball, he can take free kicks, and he can handle the pressures of a big match. His deal is up at the end of the year. He would be an amazing addition to Roma. But as I've said multiple times, he likely will be out of our price range. Take care.

18. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line

I'm assuming from your schema that De Rossi is the next line of attack after Totti. Is that correct? If so, we'll be in bad shape since De Rossi has shown that his talents are defensive more than offensive. Who is Ledesma playing for and who is Mozart with? What are the stats on these guys? Take care.

19. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US

Ledesma plays for Lecce, and Mozart plays for Reggina. Both are young and top quality. They are some what of defensive mids. I would play De Rossi ahead of them as a normal center mid. He is not attacking and not defensive. Just normal

20. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

This is my line up

Coach : (Sersi or Zeman)

Formation : 4-4-2

--------------------Curci

------------Dellas -----------Chivu

---Mexes-----------------------------Cufre

------------------De Rossi

------Mancini -----------------Taddei

-------------------Totti

(Bojinov or Chevanton)--------(Robinho or Mutu)

21. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US

Mexes can't play right back. I never heard rumors of Robinho coming to Roma. I thought he was heading to Real?

22. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Naturally... It's a wish list - Robinho - I would be delighted if that possibility were to materialize and having Chevanton and perhaps Bojinov would certainly add flair and punch to our game.

Viva la Roma!!!!

Lets talk.

23. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US

If Fiorentina get relagated, then maybe Roma will have a chance of getting Bojinov. :rolleyes:

24. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina

Me too...I thought the concensus was that he had already signed with them

25. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line

That would leave us in the same position we find ourselves now: nobody who can move the ball up the field, run at defenses, or cross. De Rossi hasn't shown this offensive prowess. Totti did some of this for the first time in a long time against Milan but he has either decided or the coaches have decided that he should basically camp out at the top of the 18 yard box and move in. That's not going to cut it if Roma want to compete for a title or make a dent in Europe. The best squads in Europe have strong and creative play from their midfielders.

BTW Robhino already signed with Real. That was reported awhile back. Last I heard they were going to loan him back to his Brazillian side (Santos?) or to a club in Holland. I posted a comment around that time that Roma should have tried to get him on loan during the January transfer window. Take care.