AS Roma Kits & Merchandise ** The Nike Era **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by 10.Totti, May 11, 2009.

1. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Re: A.S.Roma shirts 2009/2010

Alex I tried for a long time to search out and find that jersey as well. From what I have found out it was never released to the public. So if you can find a game jersey let me know so I can outbid you.

2. praxis

praxis Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Ogden Ut
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I have one, but I got it on eBay. I am dubious about it being authentic though. I heard they were only sold in official AS Roma stores the day of the exhibition match they were used in. Mine is nice, but who knows if it is real. It wasn't cheap though.

3. culopeloso

culopeloso Member

Jul 26, 2007

any new threads to the 2010/2011 roma jerseys? any news at all or any ideas? if roma would have won the cup i would be sure they would have been ready to show their new shirts, like how inter showed the new shirts after the last game. any response please. thanks.

4. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma

Its probably going to be the same one.

5. culopeloso

culopeloso Member

Jul 26, 2007

something always changes. it might be slightly different but always a change. i'm sure kappa will try to make a change also. they kept the same style for years.

6. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma

Roma's contract is over with Kappa.. we signed a 3 year del in the summer of 2007, so this year completed the 3rd year.

I hope we sign with Nike.. im am tired of only being able to get Roma gear when somebody from my family goes to Italy.. If we get Nike there will be much more gear here in the US and around the world

7. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma

Nike Jersey's are crap.

We probably will resign with them or Diadora.

8. culopeloso

culopeloso Member

Jul 26, 2007

i just hope they stay with an italian brand. i wouldn't mind kappa if they just changed a bit. they better not go with puma. i wouldn't want anything similar to what lazio has.

9. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma

its not just the JERSEY itself.. its the NAME.. I for one live in the US and its near impossible to find roma gear unless i go to Italia or order from an italian site.. i want to be able to go to a local soccer store and see Roma merchandise along with the teams like Inter, Juve, Barca, ManU and Arsenal

10. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma

And you think Nike jerseys are crap? Did you see the new World cup kits? they are beautiful.... Look at the Netherlands new home jersey and tell me that is crap :p

11. culopeloso

culopeloso Member

Jul 26, 2007

i'm hoping someone starts a new 2010/2011 new roma jersey thread. 4 weeks til the world cup, so 4 weeks of no soccer. news on a new roma jersey would be a good distraction for me.

12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma

I would love it if Roma signed with Nike or Addidas. Kappa might make some decent looking jerseys however they absolutely have no distribution what so ever. With Nike & Addidas you might make a slight sacrifice in uniqueness of the design, but would quadruple your distribution.

For a company that runs on auto-financing I think the choice is clear. I remember two winters ago, walking into the Addidas store and Beckham's Milan jersey was already there before he even played a game in it. Imagine if some poor fools could have done the same with Toni's Roma jersey without having to be in Rome.

13. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma

LOL.... My freaking local soccer store had Ibra Barcelona jerseys on the racks before he even stepped foot in Spain!!

14. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma

I doubt the distribution would be any better in the states if we were either Nike or Adidas.

The Nike WC kits looks extremely nice but they still are made with crap material and always still feel fake. Adidas jersey's on the other hand especially the authentic ones are extremely good quality.

I can tell you this if we were to be with the big 2 it will still be as hard to get a Roma jersey in the states.

15. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma

It won't be distributed like Barca jerseys, but they will be seen more often then they are now (hardly ever)... Plus many stores carry jerseys like Aston Villa, Atletico Madrid and even Celtic, if they have those teams I don't see why they wouldn't carry Roma

16. Deini

Deini Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Holland

We will play with kappa next year. Wind will be the sponsor on our jersey.

17. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006

Distribution is hardly a problem here in MTL. I know of at least 4-5 local shops that carry a decent amount of Roma jerseys in their stock. Guess it depends on where you live really.

18. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma

The point though is to get out of the specialty shops and get into the more general sports stores, and into the company retail stores. Here in Europe sporting stores carry football kits, but you don't see Kappa kits among them. That's the type of distribution I'd like for Roma, where you start to catch the spontaneous sales and not sales where someone had to Google a store and call to see what they carry.

19. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma

Same for me...we're both in predominantly Italian areas and there's similar soccer shops for me as well. Kappa is pretty large here as well...from Roma to track suits. They had to ban Kappa about 10 years ago from the elementary schools bc all the kids were wearing them...guess bc of the logo of the woman that showed her side breast. Kappa merchandise is big here...i found Diadoria harder to find.

20. culopeloso

culopeloso Member

Jul 26, 2007

the kappa logo is actually a guy and a girl. models relaxing during a photo shoot. candid usually gets the best results. they turned that into a silhouette. i still prefer the rumor of the hot naked chicks.

21. elgoalo

elgoalo Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Does anyone know when will the new kits be released?

I think Dortmund is the only Kappa team that has shown kits for next year

[​IMG]

22. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma

Our contract with Kappa is up.. I think right now they are negotiating with other companies because if we resigned with Kappa I think we would of heard about it already.... I'm keeping my fingures crossed hoping they sign with Nike

23. dajeromadaje

dajeromadaje New Member

May 22, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I love the kappa kits! too sexy! I love how tight they are and the material, I feel like a superhero when I wear them! even tho the best solution for money is obviously Nike or Adidas but its nice to be a little different. I hope we keep them. I have no problem finding them here in Hamilton.

My favorite kit of all time is the tight Azzurri jerseys Kappa made I think for 02? maybe it was 04? but they are beautiful.

24. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma

^ I don't prefer the tight kits...polyester doesn't breathe like cotton. So, it difficult to wear these jerseys on a hot summer day, especially the tight ones.

I like the Italy 04 kit.

25. 10.Totti

10.Totti Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Roma: Imminenti i rinnovi con Kappa e Wind

di Redazione Notizie, Rassegna stampa giu 3, 2010
    [​IMG](Il Romanista) – La cornucopia non smetterà di far piovere oro. La Roma sta per annunciare due fondamentali rinnovi di contratto, che altrimenti scadrebbero il prossimo 30 giugno. Stavolta, però, non con due giocatori di talento, due campioni assoluti o due dirigenti di livello. Ma con gli sponsor sovrani. Con Kappa e Wind. Cioè, con quelli che sono definiti, in gergo, sponsor tecnico e mainsponsor. In realtà, di fatto l’intesa c’è già. E da mesi. A febbraio sembrava imminente la firma con il gruppo Basic Net, la holding che controlla Kappa (ma pure marchi famosi come Robe di Kappa, K-Way, Superga, AnziBesson, Lanzera e Jesus Jeans). Cavilli, migliorie giuridico-finanziarie, hanno rallentato la chiusura di un prolungamento che a Trigoria hanno dato sempre per scontato. Questione di feeling, citando lo slogan di una nota pubblicità. Tra la holding con sede a Torino e la Roma c’è quasi amore. Il terzo scudetto giallorosso indossava gli omini di Kappa. Senza contare che tra i vertici della Soccer Sas Brand Management, la controllata della Roma che ne gestisce il marketing, e Marco Boglione, il presidente di Basic Net, c’è un rapporto sincero. Che va oltre gli affari. Il contratto sarà come minimo di durata triennale. Come minimo. A Torino, quartier generale di Basic Net, puntavano fino a poco tempo fa a un’intesa ancora più lunga. I soldi?Si parla di 5 milioni l’anno. In pratica, quanto la Roma già percepisce ogni stagione sportiva dal colosso torinese. Ma con la garanzia di una collaborazione più lunga e, pare, ancora più proficua. A Trigoria svelano come Kappa «sia già in linea di produzione ». Per forza. L’abbigliamento deve essere pronto per il ritiro estivo romanista del 15 luglio a Riscone di Brunico.
    Sempre fonti Roma assicurano come sia praticamente fatta anche con Wind. A piazzale Dino Viola sostengono che manchino solo delle formalità legate al testo fidejussorio di una banca. Formalità, ripetiamolo. L’accordo dovrebbe essere davvero in cassaforte. Anche qui, le cifre non dovrebbero discostarsi troppo da quelle attuali: 7 milioni l’anno.