AS Roma Kits & Merchandise ** The Nike Era **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by 10.Totti, May 11, 2009.

1. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Mine came fast too.

2. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I ordered on a Tuesday and it showed up on Friday. It was quite honestly ridiculous, especially considering it was a goalkeeper shirt that needed to have "Stekelenburg 24" put on.

3. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

You are in the Netherlands correct? Heck, that is a skip, jump, and a short walk from Italy. :p

4. Gouti

Gouti Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Hyderabad
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    How long is the Kappa contract with Roma?? I like Adidas but, Moving to Adidas may lead to our Jersey becoming Ripoff of Spain's National Kit. :(

5. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Isn't it till 2017? I know others know.

Yeah, it isn't just adidas that seems to use templates where almost every club each year has same looking kit minus the different colors.

My only thing I don't like about Kappa is the guy and girl sitting back to back usually on the sleeves.

6. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Incorrect. The jersey was ordered to one of my homes in N.A.

7. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Kappa and Puma design some nice kits, forget Adidas and Nike. Always stale designs, copy and pasted between teams.

Recently got this as a gift with Pjanic on the back:

[​IMG]

Never wore Kappa but I usually wear a L, but got an XL. Haven't received it yet, but how does it fit? Is it still tight if you get a size up? Just don't want it skin tight.

8. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's still going to be tight, but not skin tight, perfect if you ask me, not too tight, not too loose.

9. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Oh ok, thanks!

10. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

yeah, whether it is Kappa or things in general, It seems I am always ordering one size up when shopping from Italy as I found certain companies over there have Euro size showing XL and that equating to size L North American wise.

Anyways, it is cool that Roma choose a shipping service in which one can track.

11. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, everything said in this thread is correct.

Order on the 10th, packed and shipped on the 12th, arrived on 15th. Quite impressive.

12. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    What's your height/weight?

I own a 2007/08 home/away kit in XL and it fits snug.

However, I also bought the 2011/12 home, third and GK in XL and it fits much looser than the 07/08 kits.

I'm 5'10/165lbs.

13. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Did you receive it yet?

14. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Curious question now that the season is in it's latter half. I know the initial reactions to this season's kits was not the best on various forums.

Now that some have seen it often on tv, in person at a match, or purchased any of them for themselves, did they grow on you?

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No, it's got a bib instead of a collar. Only the black kit really saves itself.

16. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Well, as said above. I own 3 for this year. I like the quality of the material, the fit and the comfort (my 07/08 is much coarser and almost itchy, if you will), the Kappa logos on the sides of the body of the uniform you never really get used to, you walk around, lounge around etc., eventually your hand or arm grazes it and you feel something smooth and cool and initially you're like (wtf is that and look) but eventually you just graze it and grasp it when you've worn it for a while.

The bib collars haven't garnered any mentions when I've worn it, although the GK and the third don't have bibs as they are collar matched. I do occasionally get shit talked by opposing teams who wear AC Milan or Juve jerseys, but in the end we usually beat them 5-1 or 8-3, so I could careless what they think about Roma and Stek, I wear the jersey purposely to piss them off and get their mind off the game.

I'd buy them again. I think the material is the biggest improvement over previous years....and incredibly durable too.

17. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know how the sizes are for this? Is it like the kits where you would go one size higher than usual or if you usually wear a L or XL, you would stick with your regular size?:)

18. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Go one up from what you normally wear

19. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Interesting. I could see the kits as they are made of that material that makes you feel like you are getting ready to enter the Tour de France but I would have guessed the hoodie would be different.

I usually go with XL just in case wearing a lot underneath that there is that extra room but I can get away with a L as long as the neck part isn't too tight. In this case, I think I will go with XL. I like that one knit hat they have with AS Roma on it but that is only for the kids. :rolleyes: Darn it, I am a kid at heart. :p

20. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I normally wear XL in hooded sweatshirts but I bought a double-XL from Kappa. The XL felt like a large to me.

21. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It is interesting about Italian companies. either they fit one size lower or I have seen some companies that say this is an European XL/US size L.

Yeah, you sound like me so I might have to upgrade to XXL. I am 5'8" 165ish. Granted, it never gets super cold here in Arizona unless I go north to the mountains in the winter but hoodies are usually perfect here as they are just warm enough to deal with what cold it might get. We never really have to go to full blown winter gear.

22. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Where is this jacket from?

23. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Looks like the top to one of their track suits.

24. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

it is a hoodie at their official team shop online. They have it in black and white but you find the white one through clicking on the black one.

25. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    God damn its 120 euros, but its dope as hell.