Article: Supporters Outside the Fort

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    So the supporters group is supposed to sell the product that the team won't? Hahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahha that is the Mount Everest of stupidity. Well done.

2. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah god forbid the only people who care about the team do something for it? There is no way we can make a tough environment a little more fun. Man what am I talking about. You are so smart man... jeez everything you say is so so right. We should just sit at home on our couches watching a game that is way better live. Maybe we all can go on twitter and whine about how bad it is. That will be great for everyone.

Like wow we should all just give up and ask the team to leave. No sense in putting any effort in.

Make sure you talk down to me and other fans some more. I mean everybody must be against you. You are so right (sorry for repeating that just wanted to let you know )

3. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    This is hilarious, because you are the one who challenged me originally. Who is lecturing who, BRO? Yeah nice try.

4. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you kidding me? You keep going on in two different posts. All you are doing is talking down to someone...

I am done with it because you are so beyond ignorant. You don't even show up to games, so frankly I don't really care what you do. Kraft will never be out so I guess you will forever lose and if you don't care... why are you still here?

5. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    So you have to show up to games to care about the sport? That is the height of ignorance. Well done, genius.

6. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again... You don't come to games, so I don't care what you do. You can care about the sport in whatever way you please.

7. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone want to let me know when this two-sided bitchery is done.

Yes, Kraft Out is a curmudgeon yelling at us to get off his lawn. But at least he owns it.

If RevsOutPasstWoostah wants to pretend it's sunshine and happiness, that's his perogative. But at least do it in a way that's more entertaining for neutral observers.

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, the groups NEVER do anything proactive ... like providing a bus from Boston to the game and taking a loss. Selling tickets for the team. Making phone calls to help sell tickets. Never.

9. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    C'mon! Its the fan's fault! They should be doing what management doesn't! That's what REAL fans do!

Rangers Rob repped this.
  10. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I apologize in advance for going back on-topic ;), but I found the article pretty interesting because I also witnessed the episode (I sit right behind Heather).

I actually think the stand-up chant is great, because it gives everyone "permission" to stand up. And, if you can't stand for 2 or 3 minutes I don't know how you can manage to get up and down all the steps entering and leaving the stadium.

The guys objecting were basically just grumpy old men - I don't think they reflect on the majority of the people in our section. And, I'd say they are lucky that didn't try that crap with someone of a more violent bent (like the guy who got punched out at the BSO a few years ago!).

Kraft Out and patfan1 repped this.
  11. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some members of the two supporters groups hate each other... All that does is create tension.

I have been going to the games for just a few seasons, but I haven't really seen anything new. Buses and tickets are good.

Yes I know that is not an easy task because the team sucks, the owner sucks, and the stadium sucks. It never hurts to think about new ideas. Maybe we need a miracle, but why give up and whine.

12. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the amount of space in the empty ass stadium there should be a better setup. Like Seattle, but without the large fanbase.

13. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Because, and maybe you don't realize this because you are relatively new, it's been the same exact things pretty much every season since this team started. The same false promises. The same horrendous atmosphere. The same poorly marketed team that focuses on families and transient fans. The same crappy field. The same traffic to a stadium in the middle of nowhere. The same bad teams. The same unrecognizable brand. It's been the same damn thing every single year since this team began. It's fine that you think some of us have cut bait to quickly, and ran, but a lot of us spent too many years, too many dollars and far too much emotion on a team and organization that never once showed the same sort of appreciation in return. In the end, loving the game, and even the team wasn't enough. If you don't understand that, fine. But don't come here and lecture us about how we haven't done anything. You clearly have no clue about the history of the club, especially in relation to how it has handled its fans.

Rangers Rob repped this.
  14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Riders paid for a bus from Boston this season.

15. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright it is not hard to understand what has happened and what is happening. It is your decision to do what you want, but sitting on Big Soccer and whining doesn't get anything done.

16. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'm not on here to get things done. That would be a bigger waste of my time.

Alan repped this.
  17. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Monty I understand what you have done for the fans (really much more then anyone) , but is it wrong to spark up some new enthusiasm... to try something new.

18. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The supporters groups have tried for years to spark enthusiasm. You aren't suggesting anything new.

Honestly, the only way Kraft and the KSG people are going to listen is if fewer and fewer people show up. A true organized boycott is the only way things will ever change.

19. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The point is that this happened this year. That is something new.

The Revs didn't officially promote the bus till about 2 days before the cut-off. We can do as much as we want, but the Revs have a better capacity to get the word out, and if they're not willing to help, it makes things a lot tougher. And I'm not even on the Board for the Riders anymore, so I'm not defending myself here.

20. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are trying to tell other people to do something you aren't willing to do yourself, then yes, it is wrong.

You want to affect change? Why don't you join one of the supporters groups yourself and run for a position on the board?

21. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean "effect change" but it's a common mistake.

And RevsOutPasstWuhstah, feel free to tell us your wondeful ideas...we'd love to hear them. But if all you have to say is that there is some hypothetical "more" we could be doing, then feel encouraged to GTFO. It's clear you have no idea what the SGs are actually trying to do. But if you want to just resume your preconceived notions, be my guest. If you want to engage in an actual discussion of the merits of the ideas, I suggest you learning a thing or two about what you're talking about before you try talking about it.

22. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, it is a common mistake. Affect is a verb, effect is a noun. Except in this case. I stand corrected.

23. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, well what are the goals being set?

And trust me I know what I am talking about. God forbid any positivity amongst revs fans.

24. cml1394

cml1394 Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You haven't proved that at all yet, you've mostly just been whining about Kraft Out whining. If you don't have any good ideas about "new" things for supporters to do yourself, then you should just shut up.

Crooked repped this.
  25. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And "Affect" is a noun when talking about a subjective feeling, as in psychology.

Right, because "I'm not aware of the SGs doing anything so obviously they're not" is both informed and positive.