Article: Supporters Outside the Fort

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Jul 28, 2012.

1. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been watching since I was a freshman in high school in 2002. I know what has gone on and I know the steep decline, but to just sit there and complain isn't going to get anything done.

2. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Trust me, I've adapted. There use to be more passion and support from the fans, and what did it do? Nothing. This FO and ownership hasn't gotten any better. It's been status quo since day one. Have fun wasting your money on a team that is sinking further and further into obscurity while the ownership laughs as it cashes in on you.

Rangers Rob repped this.
  3. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Marketing better? How? Burns better? LMAO how? New "Pres" connecting better...HOW?

Nothing is better. It's the exact same lines of bullshit that have been trotted out every single season. You are living in a dream world.

Rangers Rob repped this.
  4. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Much better advertising, A team that they can build off of for the next couple years, newer events like the Supporters Cup.

It is a process, but if you don't think they are doing better then they did last year then there is something wrong.

5. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Better advertising? Where? I don't see it anywhere. I see the same halfhearted nonsense that I've seen throughout the years. Get your kicks. Defend the Fort. Puke in my mouth. The supporters cup? You have to be kidding me. This nonsense about better marketing is pathetic. This team can't market, sell or brand build anything. They've gone backwards for almost 2 decades.

What is better? The team itself? Ok, they are marginally better, with some better names to possibly market in the future. BUT they will, as usual, not market them AND this team hasn't done shit. They still suck. They are a better sucky team, but they still suck.

KaptPowers repped this.
  6. CottageRev

CottageRev Member+

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    This quote here stood out to me, because this is likely the attitude of the average Massachusetts sports fan. Boston has such a long history in sports, with so much success, and so many generations of indoctrination as to "what sports are important" that it's almost impossible to break this mindset. The fact that our sports media is filled with, well, stereotypes of sports media personalities (stubborn cranky old guys and blowhard ex-jocks) who all dismiss soccer without a thought isn't helping. I'm honestly not even convinced an urban stadium will help fix it.

MLS succeeds in markets where mentality and history doesn't exist, and thus make MLS more acceptable to be marketed as a "major league sport."

Granted, this does not let Kraft off the hook for allowing this team to be marketed like that - the Revs, with the exception of Lemieux, have incredibly subpar marketing and communications staff, and they have not leaned on their broadcast partners to take the team seriously. Honestly, the best we can say about 98.5/CSN is at least DA doesn't treat his side gig like a joke or stepping stone. Leaning on them is the only way any progress can be made, and Kraft for whatever reason won't do that.

KaptPowers repped this.
  7. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't just buy a ton of players and expect results on the dot. They are taking the stepping stones in terms of player development. Big name players only work if you have a team that is solid beforehand.

Yes we have seen the awful slogans of the past. Yet this year around Springfield and Ludlow MA I have seen advertisements which never happened in the past. That is a better effort and only time will tell if they can attempt to progress.

Yet people who are constantly out to just give up and not support the team are not going to help the cause at all. More support in the stands would look better around the league. The rest of the league would put pressure on the organization to adapt further. A slight dip in attendance really doesn't affect anything against the owners.

8. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say that the communications staff is awful. Lemieux is the only good thing about it. The broadcast team sucks. I have heard from my friend who interned there that the PR director is a total power fiend. The whole Moreno fiasco was quite annoying as well.

This certainly hurts the Marketing department. They are slowly doing better, but are being held back.

9. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Lets all go to Fenway and sing Sweet Caroline. Gotta support the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer fans aren't ignorant man. You can support the team and not Bob Kraft. Congrats on taking the easy way out bro. Go on and sulk till the moment you can troll some more on the Revs for not making the playoffs at the end of the season.

Do you call yourself a fan?

11. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    There was a de facto breakdown like this in the old Foxboro, when the wilder, more on-their-feet fans tended to be on the sunny side, and the quieter, family fans were on the shady side. This was not planned - people found their own comfort zone - but it could have been propagated in the new stadium with a minimum of effort and imagination.

12. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah you soccer fans can see right through the bullshit. ROLLINGMY********INGEYES

No I'm not a "real" fan of this team. I love the sport and this franchise makes a mockery of it. Have fun giving more money to Bobby Kraft for his shitty product. He needs more cuff links. You're essentially a pinkhat Sox fan. Congrats. I blame people like you for this apathy.

13. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blah blah blah Pinkhat
    blah blah blah Kraft is apathetic
    blah blah blah I am gonna sit and cry because things can't be the way I want them, but refuse to do anything about them.

You really are taking such a stand man. Gosh you have inspired me to stop going to games with a group of like minded people and enjoying myself. What an innovator.

ATTENTION EVERYONE STOP going to Revs games because Bob Kraft sucks. Nothing anyone does will ever change that so we all should just give up. ;)

14. Rangers Rob

Rangers Rob Member

Mar 30, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    More fans buying more tickets will only leaving them thinking that they are doing something right, less fans in the stands would get the rest of the league to put pressure on them faster. Like Kraft Out I stopped buying tickets, I still support the team. I watch almost every game on TV and try to make road trips when possible, but I'm done driving over an hour and a half each way & handing over my hard earned money to Kraft Sports. Why should I go out of my way to financially support something I am not satisfied with?

cml1394 repped this.
  15. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Make your presence known. If you don't care about going to games, then why can't you protest at a game? Signs, Walkouts, and things like the Black tshirts will make some noise. Those type of statements are the only ones that will matter. The reaction to Fortgate last year was the only time I thought anything could change, but then everyone just settled.

16. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Hahahhahahahahhahaha @ you thinking a walkout or some black tshirts are going to change anything.

I will however, speak Bob Kraft's language: Money. He won't get any of mine. And as soon as you pinkhat pompom waivers stop giving him yours, then maybe things will change. No bullshit bag over your head or sign is going to change anything. If you think it will, then there is no hope for you to understand anything.

17. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup losing 500 fans is gonna do so much. Dumbass...

18. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    500? Who is the dumbass? Wake up. You sound like a fool.

19. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 500 people who actually care about the team. IE not Pink Hats. I know that it isn't 500 in the fort every game, but give or take that is about how many people who are very active.

I wasn't implying that it was the total attendance.

20. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    When you have to explain a bad post, it means your argument sucks. Cool narcissism, bro.

21. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe if you had a real grip on reality you would understand that only a few people even care about what Kraft is doing. Then I wouldn't have to explain myself to someone who clearly has the WRONG ideas.

22. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come to think about it the OP pretty much explains it in a nutshell. Do yourself a favor... do some math... Realize that a couple people not showing up to games with not affect Kraft and then get back to me with something solid.

23. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Few people care, because Kraft has pushed all those out who did. If you had any sense on reality and the history of this club, then you would realize that. You are also so small minded and myopic to think the 500 in the Fort are the only ones who care.

Also, if there aren't anyone outside the Fort that care, how is a walkout or black tshirts going to influence anything? Here's a hint: it won't.

Kraft doesn't give a shit if you fools dress upp in drag or light yourselves on fire, so long as you keep buying your season tickets, buying $9 beers and all the bullshit merch they sell. Face it, you are wasting your money.

Rangers Rob repped this.
  24. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Do the math? 500 is 5% of gate sales and almost 10% of season ticket sales. If you don't think that is significant, then I hope you don't work in any industry that deals with money.

25. RevsWesternMass

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it is time to recruit the right people into the fort. Other supporters groups have done great things BY THEMSELVES. The culture is in Boston and I know the stadium is nowhere near it. It really sucks and I think we all can agree with that. Yet, I have never seen any proactive movement within the groups.

I understand you are clearly passionate about your ideas, but maybe...just maybe you can try something new.