Arsenal Pub Directory

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Bluto11, Apr 3, 2008.

1. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    SD is a pretty great place, I'll especially miss the hiking and clear blue skies, but after 3 years out west I missed the warm ocean and warm summer nights...People think cali is warm--hah, a cruel joke perpetuated by Hollywood. PM me if you want some specific recommendations about stuff there. I have a few friends there too who know way more than me and my ex's mom grew up there.

2. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Really? I'm pretty over it. Downtown sucks. Have to drive everywhere. PB, OB, and MB are dumps. The hikes are cool. But being completely isolated from everywhere is not my thing--impossible to go anywhere for the weekend if you leave at or after 7pm. Yeah, I'd say I'm ready to head back to cold weather, seasons, regional proximity.

3. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui

http://workatuh.hawaii.edu/Search

We got seasons too...
    Hurricane season....Whale season etc. etc...:D

4. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    I feel ya. Well, I guess I have lower standards ;) Right now the thing I miss most is Phil's BBQ beef ribs! Can't get those in FL. I also work from home, so I can jet well before traffic for most weekend trips. There is something special about being on the beach in the morning and in a snow capped mountain in the afternoon. I literally played beach volleyball tourney one sat morning, drove to snowboard that afternoon and the next morning, and then went hiking in the desert on the sunday afternoon drive back. Can't think of anywhere else you can do that.

5. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This is very true!

6. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I am going to make sure I get out there sometime this year

7. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago

Looks like this may be where I head for the NLD. Gonna be in Indy for a fantasy draft weekend.

8. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Phil's! I loved that place. I didn't like when they relocated though. Their bbq tips and baby back ribs were my favorite. I miss good Mexican food and even the cheap Mexican food (Sombrero's and Rubio's). I also miss Blue Water Seafood Market, Lefty's pizza, and pretty much all the good food spots in Little Italy and Hillcrest area.

9. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I'm going to be in Indy as well this weekend, shoot me a message if you are still planning on being there as I need a place to watch Saturday.

10. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Anyone know of ent pub options for Grand rapids michigan?

11. BigEffingGooner

BigEffingGooner Member+

Apr 25, 2012
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It seems multiple people are aware of the Autin location, where we call Cuatro's our home. For any Austinites who might read this but not be on our facebook page, or for anyone who might be in the area during the NLD we will NOT be at our normal home at Cuatro's. We are having an "away" fixture at another location and are taking our crazy train over to the Tavern.

Just to reiterate, Cuatro's is still our normal home but for the NLD next weekend if you are looking for fun with 200 of your closest friends :) ... come find us at

The Tavern
    922 W 12th St
    Austin, TX 78703

12. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
  13. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Thanks for the lead. I met up with them for the Fulham match...nice lot.

14. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Just a quick FYI: stuck going to brunch at Scotty's. They better put this shit on.

15. BigEffingGooner

BigEffingGooner Member+

Apr 25, 2012
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For anyone in, or coming to Austin please note that we will NOT be at Cuatro's during the month of September. We are going to continue our trial at The Tavern, and ALL September matches that is where you will find us. Come out and join us for some fun in a wonderful setting. Nothing like screaming and singing and high-fiving with a couple of hundred fellow Gooners!

The Tavern
    922 W 12th St
    Austin, TX 78703

16. DaveP

DaveP Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Smallville, KS
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnny's Tavern in downtown Kansas Kansas City in power & Light district. They are open for every Arsenal match and have 25-50 folks who show up.

17. DaveP

DaveP Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Smallville, KS
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #167 DaveP, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
    http://www.johnnystavern.com/locations/power-light-district/

I haven't been in a while, but I highly recommend this place for Gooners!

• Johnny's Tavern - Poer & Light District
    • http://www.johnnystavern.com/locations/power-light-district/
    • 1310 Grand Boulevard, Kansas City, Missouri 64106
    • 816-268-2260
    • NBC Sports - YES
    • BeIn Sports - YES
    • ESPN - YES
    • Food? - YES
    • Open early for the matches? - YES, opens early with a select set of food items
    • Favorite of local Gooners? - YES, this is the place to go 20-50 or more show up

18. Rt. Hon. Basil Brush

May 16, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Will be in Atlantic City NJ this weekend. Anyone know if an of the hotels down there show matches? Appreciate any help.

19. Rt. Hon. Basil Brush

May 16, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    nevermind. hotel has free wifi so Ill take my laptop and stream it.

20. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Mcmullans Irish pub in Las Vegas. Open early for matches. About ten minute drive from the Strip

21. BigEffingGooner

BigEffingGooner Member+

Apr 25, 2012
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The change is now full time, forever and official, the Austin Gooners have a new home at The Tavern on 12th and Lamar. It is a great venue and we have been well pleased there. Any of you Austin-ites who don't yet follow us on Twitter or Facebook, or anyone who comes through town and wants to come out and have a great time with a very large and fun group of fellow Gooners come on out and join us.

The Tavern
    922 W 12th St
    Austin, TX 78703

22. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See ya there in a couple of weeks.

BigEffingGooner repped this.
  23. NBlue

NBlue Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I realize there is a separate forum for tickets and travel but it looks completely dead. I'm headed to London for the Norwich and Dortmund matches in October and I really looking for the best pre-match pub experience possible. Not sure if there is a good celebratory spot for after match as well? Any suggestions or recommendations would be most appreciated. I'm flying in from Orlando on Saturday morning before the Norwich match and then I head back home on Wednesday.

24. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    PM me.

25. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004