Arsenal predicts Arsenal will finish second- The Other Teams' Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    Bout the dumbest thing I've read. Your need at the position is undeniable, so is his quality.

2. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seriously, one thing I have learned about United fans, is SAF really turned a lot of them into automatons unable to disagree with anything he said did or believed.

3. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    in fairness I know quite a few Utd fans who have opposed a lot of things SAF did/has done and while the masses may tend to side with him the same can be said when it comes to a variety of successful Managers

from my knowledge on the situation his agent was a pain in the arse and as we have seen with some of our easily influenced youngsters- Borini, Stoch Tore- that an agent can really cause a lot of issues between the player and the club and force moves which may not be in the best interest of either party

I do not doubt that SAF and his own arrogance did not play a role in this but in fairness I am not sure it is fair to lay all the blame at his feet

4. kmk108

kmk108 Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The 913
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hell, I'd side with Jose on a player matter until it's proven otherwise. Just because a player has the skill of Pogba, off-the-field issues could be a big issue. Balotelli is a class striker most of the time. That doesn't mean he has class.

JediSoccer repped this.
  5. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pogba was clearly a more talented player than those mentioned for us and should obviously been playing more, and SAF made some BS statements to the media about him when he left, which seemed very unnecessary, and quite frankly, words of a sore loser.

6. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't really see how a Pogba/balotelli comparison is at all relevant.

7. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    and as I said the arrogance of SAF probably played a role in this but I think to put this all on SAF and then blame Utd fans for being blinded for not believing any other version of events is unfair

as for SAF being a sore loser- I again think that is a trait of most successful Managers. While it is by no means an excuse I think there is more to this story than SAF just being a dick.

8. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    could be related to some of the rumours of Pogba being a pain in the arse and creating internal problems including being a dick at training

as I personally was not there and as you tend to think that some of the comments by SAF were greatly exaggerated I can not say either way but just pointing out why it may be a comparison to some degree

9. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Balotelli seems to go beyond simple training ground disagreements.

10. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The Borg Collective.

11. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    that I agree with on 100% ;)

12. kmk108

kmk108 Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The 913
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I was just going to an extreme to show my point :cool:

If a player is unhappy, it can screw with the team, regardless of stature.

lobomojo repped this.
  13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    addicted2chelsea repped this.
  14. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  15. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  16. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    A whole lot of depression on the Arsenal board for a little while now , its great to watch.

Blueallthru repped this.
  17. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    To be fair to cr7, it's not entirely clear what Pogba will be upon maturation. At the moment all of the 30M evaluations are based on the expectation that he'll be the next Patrick Vieira. However, he's not there yet. I have my doubts that cr7 will be right, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. 3 years ago some might have said the same of Balotelli and Inter.

18. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    His quality is. He was consistently outplayed by both Morrison (who had too much off field baggage) and Petrucci (who couldn't stay fit for long enough) for the youth teams; and his lack of effort for a central mid was often telling. It would be foolish to reward him over the others in such a situation, and would mean that playing well for the reserves counts for nothing. This was an opinion which a lot of people had even well before Raiola started agitating for a move, and I am fairly certain I mentioned that on the Chelsea board back then as well.

As for not disagreeing with Fergie, I am sure nice and other regular visitors can easily vouch that I have been one of the more regular critics of his tactics and transfer policies since CQ left.

19. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    if only SAF had listened, he might have amounted to something in the game :p :D

20. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  21. Cletis

Cletis Member+

Jul 12, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Franco Baldini seems to be getting quite a bit of the credit as well. Its still just paper success though. I doubt any of us would be surprised to see Arsenal snipe Spurs for 4th by a point once again this season.

lobomojo repped this.
  22. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spanish Super Cup: Atleti v. Barca

How on earth has Neymar not gotten the start over Pedro yet?

23. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Villa opens the scoring against his old club with a sublime right-footed volley

24. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  25. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002