Arsenal predicts Arsenal will finish second- The Other Teams' Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    talk of Ox being out for almost 6 months with his knee injury and possibly the entire season

that ticking clock is getting louder and louder for Wenger and I suspect a panic buy or two is on the horizon

2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They said he'd played under Pochettino, (sp?), at Espanyol so maybe not as much of a risk as it might be?

3. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Utd really showing the value in having effective forwards who can take their chances. For all of our talk about improving our midfield- Utd continue to do quite well with a midfield of Carrick, Giggs, Anderson (when fit and less fat), Cleverly, Nani/Young/Valencia, occasionally Jones and now Zaha and in fairness I think our midfield is better. For me it comes down to scoring and having forwards taking their chances as they did vs Swansea. I just do not see many teams winning at Swansea letting alone scoring four.

Villa had the best result in terms of a team not expecting to win, but I think Utd have a very, very important win on a tricky ground.

addicted2chelsea and Blueallthru repped this.
  4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  5. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    I really like Mauricio Pochettino and I think he has made some great signings this summer. He worked with Osvaldo at Espanyol , so maybe a change of scenary and a new league could be the impetus for this talented guy to really get on it. Will be watching Southampton closely this season for sure.

6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    cool title.

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They showed an analysis of the last goal against LeArse and the level of... er... I'm gonna go with the word 'defending', even though it's entirely inappropriate. The last defender was 12 yards INSIDE Villa's half when they broke on them.

Laughable!

8. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    To be fair they were a man and a goal down with just three minutes to play. They threw everything at them. Did not work this time.

9. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    addicted2chelsea repped this.
  10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Accrington Stanley managing director Robert Heys apologises after he was suspended from football for 21 months for 735 breaches of Football Association betting rules.
    Of the offending bets, 231 were on games involving Accrington and 37 of them were on Stanley to lose.
    "Anyone who knows me personally will know that I only ever want a win for my team," says Heys, who revealed he lost £421 on the bets involving League Two club Accrington - now managed by former England striker James Beattie - and more than £2,300 in total.

11. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  12. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  13. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    enjoyed his "insights" on thread on the England board

had some fun there

14. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think the premise is likely
    correct. I do. I think most American fans support a European side so they see that game more regularly. Honestly, right now I'd put the Eredivise, Portuguese League, and the 5 big leagues in Europe ahead of MLS. I think the MLS is probably deeper than the Belgian league and same for the leagues in Eastern Europe, but their top end talent is far greater than the best in MLS.

Right now, today, I'd say it's likely the 4th or 5th best league in this hemisphere. Behind Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, and potentially Uruguay.

One thing my country has going for it is additional exposure to the game. NBC will bring the game mainstream, moreso than any time before. Also this country is ripe with athletes. As this continues mire and more will play. There's no reasont o think that we can't be a very good national side. But until we improve our youth set up we will continue to lag behind.

15. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    from the beeb

Who said the following? "Everton sell very expensively. That's what we do.
    "We don't sell cheap because that is why he is on a five-year deal and the chairman looks after the players and gives them what he can. So he is not for sale."
    Well, it was a certain Manchester United manager David Moyes in 2011 while he was in charge at Everton and in response to Leighton Baines being linked with a move to Liverpool.

16. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    rumours of Arsenal bidding 10 mil for Cabaye and a combined 35 mil for Michu and Ashley Williams of Swansea

17. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Spend your fecking dosh!!!!

18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah but it doesn't matter HOW much you're pushing forward. You don't leave an attacking player with your last man 12 yards INSIDE their own half.

Their defence is just terrible. It's like they don't seem to realise the other side can kick the ball too.

The Cold Sea repped this.
  19. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    To be fair to them, they lost their best defender to a bad red card and had a very makeshift back 4 while down a goal and down to 10 men. I wouldn't read too much into it. Koscielny is an excellent defender, so it's not a surprise they were considerably worse without him.

20. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Scott Parker shuns 'Arry for Fulham

leaving Arsenal, QPR, Millwall and Leyton Orient as the only London sides he has not played for :D (seriously)

21. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He gets around. Err he got around?

22. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
  23. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No Cabaye? Perhaps a move is on the cards?

While I think Newcastle will be better, I figure this is going to be a drubbing.

24. The Cold Sea

The Cold Sea Señor Mejor

Feb 17, 2005
    The District
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, I don't think it'll be pretty.

Blueallthru repped this.
  25. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+