Arsenal on TV: 2013-14 U.S. only

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Epikoinos, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weird. But good, I guess.

2. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and for those of us on The West Coast, 4:45 am in the morning, I hope Alice won't mind if I get up early for this one, she knows that it's not uncommon for me to be up when Arsenal matches are on this early, normally they are on at 7:00 am PT/10:00 am ET, during the mid-afternoon swing of matches, with one following those in primetime (due to Sky Sports Saturday Night Football live coverage) that airs on "big" (over the air) NBC here in the States at 12:30 pm ET/9:30 am PT with Arlo White announcing. COYG!!!

3. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Yep...that is indeed how it all works.

Tomorrow's game should be available here, for those like me still stuck in the office:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

4. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Some games have been moved for UK TV.

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/01/arsenal-fixtures-moved-for-tv/

Can assume the 1st 2 will be NBCSN, and the City game on big NBC in the late Saturday slot.

5. Ziegler1988

Ziegler1988 Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Extra hour of sleep for us since we start daylight savings on March 9 and the UK on March 30 :).

6. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have noticed a lot of people being frustrated with the (lack of) full access to NBCSN coverage of the Premeir League in their particular area, especially since all of NBCSN marketing of their coverage screams "you'll be able to see every freakin' game" in our faces.
    For starters, a few terms:

NBC Sports Live Extra is the term used to refer to NBC's live streaming ONLINE offerings. If you have Time Warner Cable, this isn't even an option, so I'll let someone else dive into this topic.

Premier League Extra Time is the term used to refer to the additional TV channels that NBC offers for viewing games live on TV. It is my understanding that NBC offers up to 5 additional games on the Premier League Extra Time at any given time. Not all carriers offer all 5 channels. some offer none. In Charlotte, I've only seen 3 Premier League Extra Games being aired at one time (in addition to the main NBCSN game) for a total of 4 concurrent games.

When the EPL season started in August, TWC did not offer the Premier League Extra Channels. Then around mid October or so, they started carrying them. That being said, they are hit or miss, so here's what you need to know, and hopefully you can find them (because they aren't labeled in your on-screen menu).

In Charlotte, (but probably everywhere) TWC does not label the Premier League Extra Time channels in the on-screen menu. When games are aired, they appear on channels 1520, 1521 and sometimes 1522.

In the on-screen menu, these channels almost always say "check back for special events". Even when a game is going to be on one of these channels, TWC doesn't bother to update the programming menu. The only way to know is to go to the channel and see.

In the past, I've seen games where the coverage begins airing a few minutes before kickoff. At times, the coverage doesn't start until the exact time of kickoff. Other times, the coverage doesn't start until as many as 5 or 10 minutes after the game starts. And sadly I've seen it happen where I had to watch Arsenal play on a crummy online streaming feed becuase the game never came on at all on Extra Time.

So just because your can't find a Premier League Extra channel listed on your TV, or can't find a match listed in the progamming, DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN the game isn't on TV for you to watch, make sure you do some channel surfing at game time to see if it's really the case. I hope this is helpful ...

7. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's how it is on att too. They have standard overflow channels that they use, but they're not labeled NBC.

8. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Still don't get why Comcast can't do that. They have the Center Ice/Extra Innings/League Pass channels just sitting there...

BIGHMW repped this.
  9. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about all of us who have DISH? "Cheap Charlie" Ergan hasn't said a word of whether to decide to get his head out of his ass and offer the EXTRA TIME channels like almost everyone else does.

Let DISH know how you feel, and DEMAND they get Premier League Extra Time NOW!!!!!

1-800-333-DISH (3474)

www.dish.com

Goetzil10 repped this.
  10. jollygrunt

jollygrunt Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Republic of Texas
    Regarding the extra time channels and TWC: in my area, my local TWC shows all 5 of these channels depending on the schedule of games to be shown. The channels are always shown in the guide. When you tune over to any extra time channel on a non GameDay they still show a banner proclaiming what they are. In order to find out what games are going to be on which channel, you just move the guide over to the day and time of the game.

Attached Files:

11. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Such bullshit that Comcast hasn't picked these up yet. Not that it's mattered all that much with it all available online, but just out of principle.

DaPrince84 repped this.
  12. jollygrunt

jollygrunt Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Republic of Texas
    you'd think it'd be a no-brainer since they own NBC.

13. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    You'd think, but Comcast has got to be the most dysfunctional cooperation on the planet. Even before acquiring NBCU, they have always been so decentralized with how cable is provided. Everything is done on such a local basis, all the way down to the zip code, to where people I know living 20 miles away from me in the city of Chicago proper were getting FSCHD while everyone out in the burbs was still stuck with just SD and I still don't have HD now for FXX. So it's not surprising that the cable side and the NBC Sports Group can't get together and hash this thing out.

DaPrince84 repped this.
  14. jollygrunt

jollygrunt Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Republic of Texas
    Man it is such BS that the this Sunday's FA Cup game is not going to be broadcast on Fox Sports 1, Fox Soccer Plus or FOX network. It features 2 big teams, but still they are relegating it to Fox Sports 2 which in my area is SD only.

15. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    It's a complete joke, really, that they're airing an Arenacross rerun, and a NASCAR news show in place of this.

I get it though. They wanna put important content on FS2 so the cable providers will start carrying it. Sucks for us, the ones paying for cable.

16. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What cable/satellite are you guys on? I need to make a OT thread there I can just bitch about these things. :p

[edit] I'm guessing comcast? Sports licensing problems will define the next 10 years of our television.

17. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Yeah, I have Comcast.

It's so shitty. I pay $8 a month for the Sports Entertainment Pack. From that I watch NHL Net, MLB Net, NFL Net (just Thursday Night Football) RedZone, and BeIN when there's a game I care about. It's a decent deal for what I pay, but part of me paying for it in the 1st place was to get FSC. Now that that's gone, it's ridiculous that they didn't put FS2 on there to replace it.

18. jollygrunt

jollygrunt Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Republic of Texas
    I've got Time Warner Cable, soon to be Comcast, and I too pay 8 bucks for the TWC sports pass.

19. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, fox blows, but it does seem a bit crazy to be paying for a sports package and not even be able to get the sports you want.

20. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to go to the higher level channels to find it on DISH (they have it on channel 397) to watch the Arsenal-Liverpool match, which I think is bullshit, they should have ALL the sports networks in the 140-160 channel setup, they seen to treat all the football-oriented channels like shit, putting FS2 and beIN (and GolTV when DISH had it) on the 390 level, knowing nobody goes to those, they usually go to the 140-160 channel range. COYG!!!

21. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So am I remembering right that we're on Fox Sports 2 again this week for Bayern?

22. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately.

23. jollygrunt

jollygrunt Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Republic of Texas
    Or, wait until 4pm central for the HD replay on FOX Soccer Plus.

24. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    People still pay for FS+?

25. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me it's included in the Time Warner sports package which is how I get nbcsn and a bunch of other stuff for like $6 a month.