Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players 2013-2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just checked and the Netherlands are ninth? How did they drop if they won every qualifier? Goes to show how useless. Also in the 2002 wc France was ranked first and didn't make it out of the group stage and we were 2nd and couldnt make it out as well. So either its invalid or it gives us bad luck

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think it has a lot to do on who you play. If you play a horrible team and even if you beat them, and beat them bad, it's worthless and you could even end up losing points. It's like making a bet, lets say Barcelona play a team from segunda división and you bet 500 dollars, the odds are going to be horrible and you probably will only win like 10 dollars. With the FIFA rankings, it's similar to that, you can get punished for playing bad teams. Netherlands just played Estonia which they were VERY lucky to get a tie, and beat Andorra 2-0 which is the size of the Northridge Costco parking lot ;), they got punished for it.

The rankings are a bit worthless, but lets look at it like this, these rankings determine the seeds for the most part when the draw happens in December. FIFA use to do, how you faired in the last 3 WC's and your rankings. I believe last time around it was strictly FIFA rankings. Not sure how it's going to work this time, because the way the standings sit now, 3 out of 4 top seeds will be represented by Conmebol, Brasil(Host, automatic seed, and group A) Spain,us, Germany,Italy,Colombia,Belgium,Uruguay. I believe there will be a shake up in the rankings again. I don't see how FIFA will give Colombia and Belgium a top seed. Then again, I am not sure if they are going to use how you faired in the last 3 WC's and your rankings.

3. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah I actually was thinking along those lines with who you play. And to move down in ranking isn't really a demerit because you don't have much control of who you play in a qualifier.
    That Northridge costco parking lot is pretty huge though. Im at the csun right now actually

4. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    guys which goal u think , the one of the best counter attacking goal after sabella taken charge..?

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. tatoRMN

tatoRMN Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

jimmi_moh repped this.
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  8. tatoRMN

tatoRMN Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is she insane or does she hate her father?

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi likely turned down her advances, I don't know. She has been saying stuff like he lacks heart and just things from years back people would say but she has been saying them recently.

tatoRMN repped this.
  10. tatoRMN

tatoRMN Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like :D

11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We would have score more than 5 against Paraguay if it's Pipita instead of Palacio

12. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lets hold that for uruguay

13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina will let Uruguay win so they qualify... We always do. I think it's some sort of agreement between grondona and the Uruguayan federation

14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea, that's how I feel. Argentina let Uruguay win in last match of 2006 qualifier so they can qualify, and in 2010 Uruguay let Argentina win in the last match too. Uruguay not travelling to WC means FIFA will lose lots of $$$, too, considering the WC is nearby.

15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You want to lay off the crack.

16. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    icardi scored a goal with a pass from ricky

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Zabaleta was quite impressive today, made a great tackle inside the box after tracking back however, City is still shit, nowhere close to 2011-2012 season level. Kun started from the bench but City hardly had a good chance throughout the game.

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pipita scores again, I dont think he'll miss Madrid

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    1. Spain
    2. Argentina
    3. Germany
    4. Italy
    5. Colombia
    6. Belgium
    7. Uruguay
    8. Brazil
    9. Holland
    10. Croatia
    11. Portugal
    12. Greece
    13. USA
    14. Greece
    15. Russia

Qualifier aint over yet and there' still lots of friendlies so I believe by the time of the WC, Holland and probably Portugal will rounded the top 8 replacing, Colombia, Belgium or maybe Uruguay.

Its interesting because as things stand there's possibility we might face England again at group stage. No you dont see England on that top 15.

cigar_city repped this.
  21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Astrada's father was kidnapped back in 2003, that was probably the most high profile incident of this sort I can remember. Keko Villalva and Juani Cazares got kidnapped driving to River practice just last season.

Often time this is called a "secuestro express" where they just pick up and get a quick ransome. In other cases, they will pick up someone in a fancy car and have them drive to different ATM machines and withdrawal all the money they have.

There was also an incident where Independiente's coach Miguel Angel Brindisi was robbed while giving a phone interview. He was speaking to Fox Sports Radio and they grabbed him and took his watch... Its really sad that these things happen, you need to realize thats the way Argentina is right now.

These are thing that happen in Argentina under the Kirchner's and their... less than strict immigration policy. Until these people shut the boarders to the north, this thing is only going to get worse... And please don't mistake my statement for racism, its actually a proven fact. Most of these carjackers are undocumented. The Villa 31 and the bajo flores are huge and 85% are foreigners. Now they are going to be building a subway stop in the villa 31, so these criminals will be able to leave more easily. Watch to see the crime escalate even more.

cigar_city and SupaMario repped this.
  23. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Higuain scores one and forces a red card on dortmund's keeper

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good CL round for our strikers. 1 goal from Kun and Higuain and hattrick from Messi. Masche fouled opponent on the box and was penalized, although it started from a bad pass.

Who said Higuain cant head like Crespo?

argentine soccer fan repped this.