Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players 2013-2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No one, not because we have nobody but because once Sabella likes a certain player, the guy will always getting a call up.

2. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Romero from Vélez... perhaps, idk.

Anyway, it will be Gago/Banega + Mascherano.

3. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    we do have biglia as a back up for gago

4. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    some sources are telling Kranevitter have some chance for make it to the 30 man list...
    @RiverGaucho , how is this kid..?

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Romero from Velez... He was completely schooled by Kranevitter on Sunday night.

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kranevitter is VERY good. He's a crack. On form, he should be in the national team, but Sabella won't call him even to the list of 30 i don't think. Sabella is stubborn and irrational.

On the Gago line...

To our readers who don't know much about Argentine football....

the newspaper "Olé" is basically the Argentine equivalent of Marca or As in Spain. Each match they give players a rating out of 10, and they then take the average of all these ratings and they compile a list of the Top 10 and the 10 worst players in terms of these ratings.

I was browsing through the paper on Monday, i notices that Gago was dead last. He has an average rating of under 4 out of 10. So not only is Gago underperforming, but the biggest sports newspaper in the country, known for its favoritism of Boca and National Team players, considers Gago the worst player in Argentina who has played more than 3 games this season. And for Sabella he's a starter.... :rolleyes::eek:

Pipiolo repped this.
  7. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I believe Sabella is keeping an eye on Cambiasso, and Biglia has been part of his squad since the beginning.

8. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Garay has been imense this season

9. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Golzalo from banega

Rattlehead repped this.
  10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wasn't all that.

11. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No wonder Messi and Kun are not exerting themselves. Can you blame them ?

The clown Romero avoids injury but Higuain has been stretchered off after a nasty tackle from the **** Andreolli. Could be a strain at the least fingers crossed but could be much worse. Pointless league match. Napoli are almost qualified for the CL. Thank you Benitez.

Who can we call up ? Ferreyra ?

12. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Strong bruise in his right ankle but it doesn't look to be something that would keep him out of the World Cup.

13. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I really do hope so Arg10. Our magic quartet have a great chemistry so losing him would be a blow. He hasn't been that great recently for Napoli but he has never let the seleccion down although as SM used to mention and he still does, miss the odd sitter.

Keep your fingers crossed Albiceleste fans.

tatoRMN repped this.
  14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Pipita can not go, Sabella needs to SERIOUSLY look at Zárate. Not Di Santo, none of these clowns. As for Chucky, I like the kid, but he has not scored in months. Granted the UPL has a long break because of winter, but no, Chucky shouldn't be looked at. Only if Palacio did not have such a high scoring rate this year,Zárate would be a much, much better option.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #1166 Rattlehead, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    All he needs to do is to miss the remaining games including the Copa final. I think he would make it to the WC. Most articles/sources did not mention that he will miss the WC.

If he rest entirely next month, I think he;ll make it. Let just hope the injury wasnt as bad as it looks. When Messi injured against Atletico few years ago, it looks like he would miss the rest of the season but he returned in just 2 weeks without problem. The remaining league games are totally pointless for Napoli, Juventus is 20+ points ahead of them and Napoli couldnt drop below 4th.

cigar_city repped this.
  16. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013

I agree Kranevitter is a crack and one of the best midfielders in the league but im not sure if his passing game is there yet

17. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Latest on Higuain - Official Napoli
    statement: "The outcome of
    examinations submitted this
    morning on Gonzalo Higuain after
    the collision with Andreolli have
    confirmed what was first diagnosed
    yesterday. Strong blunt trauma to
    the right tibia. Higuain today had
    therapy and his condition will be
    evaluated in the coming days"

18. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    I thought it was a beauty... ;)

Banega finally showing up to do what he needed to for himself/Albiceleste and Newell's.

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #1170 Rattlehead, Apr 27, 2014
    That's great if he's getting into his best form just when World cup is about to start. I know some people think he and Gago aint good enough in NT because they cant control possession in midfield but Sabella strategy is quite clear since the beginning, his team isnt trying to win the game by having lots of possession. We dont have anyone who can retain the ball for extended period like Roman so I'm not sure having someone else at this point will suddenly make our midfield much stronger.

There's already alot of important players suffering an injury in recent months, David Silva, Diego Costa and even Falcao wont be 100% by the time of the WC. Kun is also another player that has been injured multiple time this season.

Di Maria is still fighting for league and Champions league, if he gets injured, we would be fcked considering how important he is now. He played better in midfield where he could use his speed for tracking back. That would lifted lots of preasure from Messi.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't mind me, I am just being bitter. 3rd time this season Tigre has lost a game like that, from a long range shot, 2nd time, in as many weeks.

21. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    I think H.Canteros should be on the list of 30 that Sabella will call up as a 5th CM. He's been playing very well in the libertadores and was called up by Sabella previously. We'll see in 2 weeks

22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #1173 Rattlehead, Apr 27, 2014
    According to latest report , Higuain does not have fracture or muscular damage. Hopefully its true.

Messi's scores the winner in last 2 games to keep Barcelona alive in title race, and people only makes headline about him when he fail to score:sneaky:

23. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    had a great free kick saved too, something else that's been overlooked about him. We should give him plenty of dead balls in the WC.

I am worried that without Higuain we might revert to adding another defensive midfielder which would completely change the team's dynamics (for the worse imo). My greatest concern right now is the midfield situation, with Gago in doubt we have no one with any creativity except for Banega. We have a prudent midfielder in Biglia but I feel he offers next to nothing as far as linking up with Messi &co upfront.

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The latest report suggested that Higuain should have been fit by the time of the WC but could miss the early international training prior to the event. If we're forced to play with someone else as a 9, it better be not Palacio. Otherwise the team might need to provide 30 chances per match for him to score 1 or 2 goals.

cigar_city repped this.