Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players 2013-2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Grondona's AFA, always making prudent decisions.

Delusional Phuck Grondona clears his fat ensconced throat: "Let's keep the games going this weekend instead of pushing these fixtures forward for another midweek fixture list. Even though we do that all the time with far less notice than we had for these (looks at paper on desk, the paper without crayoned markings) Elimnatorias things."

(Hand picked utterly sackless Minions nod with excited approval)

So that the following teams can be prejudiced for having decent players.

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/...-por-las-convocatorias-para-las-eliminatorias

Estos son los jugadores convocados que se pierden la fecha:
    Boca
    (se enfrenta el domingo ante Olimpo): Fernando Gago (Argentina) y Agustín Orion (Argentina).
    River (juega mañana por Copa Sudamericana ante San Lorenzo y el domingo frente a Tigre): Teo Gutiérrez (Colombia) y Jonathan Fabbro (Paraguay).
    Newell´s (juega el viernes ante Vélez): Maxi Rodríguez (Argentina), Rinaldo Cruzado (Perú) y Marcos Cáceres (Paraguay).
    Vélez (se miden el viernes contra Newell´s): Sebastián Domínguez (Argentina).
    Quilmes (domingo, vs Arsenal): Rodrigo Braña (Argentina).
    Lanús (sábado, vs. Racing): Víctor Ayala (Paraguay).
    Colón (sábado, vs. Godoy Cruz): Ronald Raldes (Bolivia).
    Estudiantes (sábado, vs. Belgrano): Matías Aguirregaray (Uruguay).

Fu(king AFA...

Moishe and RiverGaucho repped this.
  2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's absolutely a disgrace thanks cigar city. Our clubs are already in tough financial situations and we pay a lot of money to acquire top players, then we can't even use them.

Newell's is missing some valuable players, no doubt.

The most frustrating thing for us River fans is that our copa sudamericana match is tonight, why wasn't it played last week like the rest of the games? We paid 4 million to get Teo (plus his salary of over 1 million usd per year) and now we can't use him for this game because of afa/conmebol scheduling

And get ready, next month were going to go through this same bullshit again.

3. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Do you know if River wanted to move the game forward, or if San Lorenzo (for tactical purposes) objected? Did Your Favorite Bureaucrat Passarella even attempt to move the CopaSud match?

Brother, i think it gets worse next month IF Argentina qualify for this round. Maybe i'm wrong, but I bet Sabella goes heavy on local players.

However, if that's the case, AFA woyuld have no choice but to move any fixture coinciding with Las Eliminatorias to a mid week fixture sometime during the semestre .... right? They're not THAT inept, hopefully?

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #80 Rattlehead, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    If somehow Tevez is back into the NT, I only want to see him starting from the bench not in starting line-up. You dont need 2 fake playmaker forward or free roaming forward at the same time, it will only confuse our attack. That's why Tevez-Messi combo never worked, in CA 2007 final, WC 2010 and throughout the 2010 qualifier itself. Enough games together to prove that its simply does not work. However, giving the qualify of individual skills, players like Lavezzi, Kun and Tevez can wreak havoc against tired legs when coming on as a sub, and in this case I still prefer Tevez over zero workrate Palacio.

When we beat Uruguay 3-0, we dominated the game from start to finish, our defensive shutout both Suarez and Cavenni and the link up play on the attack between Messi-Higuain-Kun-Di Maria-Gago, its working well. We dropped level a bit after that in the last 3 matches but we havent play with the exact same line up since then. Gago injury, Higuain's suspension (twice), and not very fit Messi.

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Watching the team during Roman's era... what a totally a different team we have now.

7. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just miss our d line :oops:

8. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    you point is current setup is better or roman era was better...? , because those are some stunning passes from midfield , which i hope gago can do half at least

9. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But of course. Riquelme's passing was ace. Its a rare occurence when you see it happen for Boca nowadays. There was one recently but JM Martinez lo comio

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That passing game was great to watch, but a team wants to play ugly and commit a ton of fouls, grabbing shirts and whatnot, it stops it.

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gago to Messi vs Chile.

12. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    Interesting thing about Sabella's team. Not a single defensive player, FB, CB, or DM, has scored a goal in the qualifiers. Closest thing is Banega's goal against Bolivia but he was playing as an AM.

13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be fair, the only team that can stop that playing style is Dunga's team with their grabbing shirt, kicking legs and time wasting. In 2006 we did everything's right and we lost that quarterfinal because wrong subtitution and GK injury.

No I'm not trying to say its better or not better, but watching our playing style throughout this qualifier shows how much we've changed. If you watch our counter attack move when we beat Paraguay (5-2), Ecuador (4-1) , Chile (4-0) , Uruguay (3-0) , you'll notice that most of the time we let opponent having the ball and sometimes it looks like they're the one that dominated the game, but then our midfield or defenders will wait for the right time to intercept the pass and our frontlines sprint forward altogether and we ended up thrashing them.

Not long ago, everyone thinks that Sabella has not improve this team one bit because we dont have 70-80% ball possession, but now you'll reliased that Sabella is optimazing the material that he has. He dont have worldclass defenders and goalkeeper, he dont have playmaker in the level of Roman, Xavi, Pirlo etc so he created a style where our frontlines could flourish.

Dunga's Brazil was similar in counter but it's amazing that we're able to win with this counter attack style without all the pulling, kicking legs and time wasting. Believe it or not, this is the style that could kill Spain.

Because now our defensive midfielder and defenders totally focus on defending. We dont need someone that keep overlapping because Messi, Di Maria, Aguero/Lavezzi, Di Maria are more than enough (with Gago linking the play in midfield). Did you see Zabaletta sprinting forward yesterday? No, but he used to do that at Man city.

14. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    Yeah, I think it's great. Sabella is even careful when Argentina earns a corner to not over-commit. Argentina almost ever end up in those situations where 3 opposing forwards are bearing down on a couple of out of position defenders. I remember what a nightmare that was for a long, long time.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    and when you have outdated players like Heinze and Burdisso in 2010, that's only made things worst.

16. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    our current attacking style is best , but loosing the possession and allowing opponent to more control in the midfield is the side effects of this system . it may be fine for some matches , but a good opponent coach can tactically utilize this weakness [may or may not be]. i hope we can retain the possession along with this counter attacking style.

best thing about sabella is , he is changing tactics based on the opponent , he is clearly understanding what opponent thinking and how they are attacking.

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I miss the sheer physical presence of players like Ruggieri, Simon , Olarticochea and Sensini.

The you shall not pass attitude. Fernandez did score a header against Brazil and he and Garay have been close in some qualifying games. We certainly have upped our threat at set pieces.

20. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well i feel to disagree on that , yes FF scored a header , but we are no where posing any threat in corners . well i can go ahead with that , no team can perfect in all the areas .
    we will use our strength to cover up our weakness

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With Ruggeri on defence, we reached 2 World cup finals , won 2 Copa America and a confederation cup. Sadly, a very tough player like him or Pasarella dont come in every generation.

22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yep, Spain is weak upfront with exception of Villa in his prime but they win titles with a very strong midfielders. One on one battle, their defenders aint the best either, but they played their passing game to perfection so the defence naturally protected. Look at Alba, Pique and Ramos, they're not reliable defenders when dealing with counter attack or man on man marking.

23. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well , we are in no:2 position in fifa rankings.... i dont give a damn about that anyway

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well FIFA ranking has always been useless and we've been in no.1 in the past, during Basile or Pekerman era I think