Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players 2013-2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FORZA NAPOLI <3

FORZA NAPOLI <3 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He's okay, he slipped, when I read it I freaked out, he only has stitches, if he doesn't play this week, he'll play next week

Grande Pipita
    I love you

2. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #53 Rattlehead, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    Yea, as direct replacement for the £86 million. At least he's not moving to big club, at Tottenham he could still be a starter.

4. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For a fee that could rise to 30 million quid, which is a club record for Spurs, I think you can safely assume he will be a regular starter. And because he will be playing in the premier league, if he has a couple of good games he will be hailed as the greatest player of all time.

tatoRMN and cigar_city repped this.
  5. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    hopefully he can adapt to english football soon , spurs are famous for their quick counter attacks . hope lamela can be in great form in 2014 WC

6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's actually where he's good at. If you look at his physical build, he's more like C Ronaldo than any other players today. These days most Argentina dont have problem playing in EPL. In fact they freakin dominate that league. Just look what Tevez and Kun achieve there.

FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  7. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ya i know , but for me he looks like very light hearted kid. the pressure and the tackling in epl should not shackle his confidence level , in his first international match against italy he seem to be lack of confident , i think AVB is a great coach hope lamela can turn out be a monster out there,,

FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Before the game against Italy he only had 1 or 2 caps with Argentina, only like 25 mins in total, so we cant hardly judge his performance yet. Messi debut with NT ended with a red card (although it's a wrong call) but great player will show their true form soon or later. He does have a baby face look but he still freakin scored 15 goals from midfield in serie A and just like Messi, he scored twice against AC milan last season. If you look at Messi back in 2005 who would have thought he'd become a player he is today?

However, if you watch his goal highlight, almost all his goal were assisted by Totti so hopefully there will be player in Spurs that can connect well with him.

9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's 100% official now, Lamela is going to Spurs. I believe he will make it into the WC squad and will play as a sub just like Messi in 2006. We usually have one thrashing win at group stage or if we win the first 2 games, we usually play with second strings attackers like Messi and Tevez against Holland in 2006 or Kun and Palermo against Greece in 2010.

Would be funny if Bale flop at RM and Lamela thrills at Spurs:D

10. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Orion, Gago, Dominguez, Maxi Rodriguez and Rodrigo Braña called-up for Argentina.

11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How's Maxi Rodriguez form these days?

Pipita scored in his debut. Messi return to full fitness and scored his first hattrick of the season. Zabaleta with a great assist for City's goal.

and to put some heat

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/brazil-are-2014-world-cup-favourites-diego-maradona/418890-5-21.html

"There is a mafia in Argentina's national team and it is causing Argentine football to die slowly. We cannot have Grondona here for 700 years and at an age in which he has no new ideas. There is no question; the players do what they can. The problem is with the officials," the 52-year-old said.

cigar_city repped this.
  12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With Sabella, it's always 1 step forward and 2 steps back with his call ups, lol.

locoxriver repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looking at the game sheet of Inter-Catania...

9 out of the 11 starters for Catania were Argentino's. Maxi Lopez came on as a sub as well, the Azzurri will want to cap 5 of em :D.

14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They already did that back when they won their first WC:whistling:

15. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Andujar, Lopez, Spolli, Monzon, Bergessio, Izco, P. Alvarez, Almiron, Castro, Leto, Cambiasso, Palacio, Campagnaro and Ricardo Alvarez.

That's 14 Argentines who played in the match.

Zanetti and Diego Milito are injured. Samuel on the bench and Carrizo on the bench.

16. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    palacio and ricky alvarez scored for inter , and higuain had a great match , he improved a lot in short time.

17. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i really wished fernadez will get in to man city , since they are looking for defender. any way i think fernandez will hardly get a good playing time this season. but he is so far good for NT.

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Maria also assisted one of RM goal

As for Palacio, nothing will change when he's playing in NT. No goal, no assist, no workrate.

19. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    di maria having hell of match , but and he is ancellotis favourite.

20. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    Does DeMichellis have a shot at the selecion? I remember him sobbing when he was excluded from the final 23 for the WC. I think he got better since then.

21. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    no way .... he is too slow on the field.

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He made the last mundial of 2010, he was much better around the 2006 time(when he just missed), he has gotten quite bad. He was at fault for the goal vs the South Koreans in 2010, and he was dropped after being a mess in the back vs Bolivia.

23. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    And get to go to madrid for 200 million euros:laugh:

24. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Wow, what a shock! Vergini, who kicked ass with Newell's and had been ignored but for the "Selecion Local," plays 2 games for La Pincha, and - voila! He gets called up for the big games with the Big Boy team!

http://www.ole.com.ar/seleccion/Veni-Marcos_0_986901597.html

Wh0'd a thunk it!?

;)

Sabella .... so predictable.

Sandinista and Moishe repped this.
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team: