Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players 2013-2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In NT Banega almost has as many goal as Lavezzi and Palacio combined:cautious:

Anyway, Pipita is now #9 in Argentina all time goalscorer list with scoring ratio higher than Hernan Crespo.

2. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sergio Romero has signed with Monaco on a loan deal.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Glad that Tata actually took Messi off. Messi played 70 minutes, 2 goals, 1 assist. Hopefully Martino continues this trend, this will help Messi through and through.

cigar_city and Bostero818 repped this.
  4. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Martino said this: "En los partidos que se resuelven rápido Messi tiene que descansar"

Messi will be rested.

cigar_city repped this.
  5. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes please need link. ! Been waiting years

6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Our forwards started the season in a good form. Pipita scores in pre season for both Napoli and NT while Kun and Messi both scored in league opener. Masche and Zabaleta also performed well and the team did not conceided a goal.

I really hope they're all injury free especially by the end of the season! Kun was injured on 3 occassion last season and what happen to Messi near the end of the season should serve as reminder for him that he shouldnt play every single game full minutes like crazy although he always wanted to. I'm glad Barca now has an Argentine coach and he's clearly aware of that.

cigar_city repped this.
  7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tomorrow's match

[​IMG]

8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Another new team, another thropy:sleep:

[​IMG]

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So Coco is on his way to Tottenham? Interesting move if it happens.

10. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi subbed out of Barcelona match. He was holding the back of his left thigh and in pain, according to TV3.

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He just needs to go and relax for a month or so, it's early in the season. We can do without him for the WCQ coming up.

tatoRMN repped this.
  12. tatoRMN

tatoRMN Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hope he wont risk and will recover fully from this injury...

13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wonder how long he need to rest until he really recovered fully? 6 months?

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A full tear of a hamstring takes that long. If it's a severe strain to strain, 2 months or as short as a month with limited pressure on it. Remember Messi had this issue 6 years back or so. Took a long time off and he didn't have this problem till recent. He didn't use the summer wisely, too many friendlies, charity events, needed to rent of a villa in the South of France and just rested with his family. I'll say this though, I would rather have this happen now then a couple months away from the WC. Tata is smart, and I don't think he's going to hit the panic button, and needs to rely on Messi game in and game out. So lets see what the FCB medical staff has to say, and again, Messi needs to be smart about the situation, we all know he wants to play every single minute and every game, but if he doesn't feel fully fit, let it be known, no need to be a hero, you've done enough for FCB.

locoxriver repped this.
  15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He looks fine in friendly against Guatemalla and all pre season games which is why he probably think he's doing ok. He skipped friendly against Italy so I think he also realize he must not play every single game. When he was subbed against Levante, it has nothing to do with his thigh. He was vomiting, probably just not feeling well.

Messi already broke the record for most goal in a season and most goal in calendar year and scored against every single team in the league within a season, he has been league and CL top scorer multiple times, what else? Lets see how Tata handle this situation and I hope the doctor dare to tell him to rest for 1-2 months if needs too. Recently he was often the green light to play only 1-3 days prior to the game and that alone should proof he's not 100% yet.

16. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    List for match against Paraguay:

Goalkeepers:
    Sergio ROMERO
    Mariano ANDUJAR

Defenders:
    Pablo ZABALETA
    Hugo CAMPAGNARO
    Fabricio COLOCCINI
    Jose BASANTA
    Marcos ROJO
    Cristian ANSALDI

Midfielders:
    Ever BANEGA
    Lucas BIGLIA
    Augusto FERNANDEZ
    Angel DI MARIA
    Ricardo ALVAREZ

Forwards:
    Lionel MESSI
    Erik LAMELA
    Rodrigo PALACIO
    Ezequiel PALACIO

Javier MASCHERANO, Federico FERANANDEZ, Ezequiel GARAY and Gonzalo HIGUAIN are suspended.

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rodrigo has a brother? We are in some serious trouble. :D.. At least he is continuing to call up Ansaldi, that's positive. No real surprises here. But where is Kun?

Albiceleste2010, locoxriver and Arg10 repped this.
  18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Romero, Sergio - Mónaco - Francia
    Andujar, Mariano - Catania - Italia
    Zabaleta, Pablo - Manchester City - Inglaterra
    Campagnaro, Hugo - Inter - Italia
    Coloccini, Fabriccio - Newcastle - Inglaterra
    Rojo, Marcos - Sporting - Portugal
    Basanta, José - Monterrey - México
    Ansaldi, Cristian -Zenit - Rusia
    Banega, Ever - Valencia - España
    Biglia, Lucas - Lazio - Italia
    Fernández, Augusto - Celta de Vigo - España
    Di María, Angel - Real Madrid - España
    Alvarez, Ricardo - Inter - Italia
    Lamela, Erik - Roma - Italia
    Messi, Lionel - Barcelona - España
    Aguero, Sergio - Manchester City - Inglaterra
    Lavezzi, Ezequiel - Paris. S. G. - Francia
    Palacio, Rodrigo - Inter - Italia

http://www.afa.org.ar/index.php?opt...dos-con-paraguay&catid=164&Itemid=581&lang=es

locoxriver and Arg10 repped this.
  19. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They both miss in front of goal, so doesn't change much!

I really think we're looking at the World Cup team. Add Gago and a player or two from domestic league.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I believe some players are going to be dropped. 18 players on that list, plus will wait for Sabella to call up a few others from home. And we have, Masche,Fede,Negro and Pipita missing, that's 23 right there(needing another GK as well) and the likes of Gago(as you said) will be there. So a few players here and there from this list will probably be cut. I hope it will be Palacio,Rojo will be a couple but I doubt it. Palacio doesn't do anything for us, like, ever. We have Scocco and yet Palacio continues to get called, I don't get it. The attack isn't a real worry though, with Messi,Kun,Pipita, and Di Maria are there, we are good, plus Coco looks like is going to make it, wonderful news. As for the defense, I just hope to see Peruzzi and Ansaldi continue to get called. Negro has continued to get better, Fede improves and their partnership was good for the last game. Rojo is such a liability though, sometimes he does good and sometimes he is bad, and can't have that during the WC. Whatever, lets get our point and get our ticket. Lets not underestimate Paraguay though, I know they have been pretty bad for the qualifiers but they just put past 3 vs Germany.

cigar_city repped this.
  21. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No way does Rojo get dropped. Palacio either. I think we might have had this conversation before, but I don't think Scocco makes it. Lamela's probably got the last forward spot on the team. Messi, Higuain, Aguero, Di Maria, Lavezzi, Palacio (as much as we might not want him, he'll make it) and Lamela. That's 7 forwards/very attacking players.

Thing is, if Di Maria goes out, Lamela could probably fill his position. If Aguero's out, we have Lavezzi to run and miss chances, but if Higuain is out, we have no one. The Di Santo experiment seems to be over and Palacio is not a 9, so we have no target man. I know some don't like him much, but Barcos does offer us something and he's done pretty well for the limited chances he got with the real team (not domestic).

The way it is right now against Paraguay, Messi is a doubt and should Aguero or Di Maria get injured too, we'll be screwed (Higuain is suspended). Lavezzi, Palacio and Lamela are not goalscorers with Argentina. They might help in attack, but they won't score (Lavezzi and Palacio won't, Lamela might).

Still think we need a back-up for Higuain.

Sabella seems to have found a core of DM'ers. Mascherano, Gago, Biglia and Banega works for me.

Rojo's going to be a problem.

22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In national team, Palacio is not a forward nor a midfielder or a winger or anything. Never finish his chances, never chase a loose ball, never press opponent, never assisted a goal, never run either.

23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am amazed that Scocco who has started well with Internacional has not been called up. His experience in Brazil will be invaluable next summer.

No Caballero either. If Alvarez has been recalled why not give a chance to Alejandro Gomez ? Still no Spolli either. I do wonder if Sabella does watch enough games or has people keeping tabs on all national selection candidates.

Perhaps we ought to e-mail the AFA and make sure Sabella knows that players like Scocco and Caballero are Argentinian. Crapacio ahead of Scocco.....the mind boggles. It's a decision of Maradonesque proportions..... Unfortunately I think Sabella is too loyal to certain players and too inflexible. It may well cost us dear next year.

cigar_city repped this.
  24. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta