Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players 2011-2013 (Part II) [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Rattlehead, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lapulga10

lapulga10 New Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Well said, Messi is the best but in my opinion Aguero is not too far under him overall. Different player's but both amazing.

2. lapulga10

lapulga10 New Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Well said, Messi is the best but Aguero is not too far away from his level, both different players but they are both amazing. Aguero has incredible audacity, he seems to never think when he plays, he just does what he wants, and gets the result.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Old video of Kun but quite memorable.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxb8l0vzsPE"]Sergio Aguero vs River Plate - YouTube[/ame]

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    also this...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlwufwajX2o"]RIVER VS BOCA GONZALO PIPITA HIGUAIN - YouTube[/ame]

something you dont see from Messi when he was younger cause he always wear same colour since he was kid:p

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes and Kun has scored more than 100 goals in la liga before he move to City... that's remarkable.

Also he scored against team like Barcelona, Real madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal , MU, Uruguay, Spain, Brazil.

6. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And the English media being the way that they are (i.e. if you don't play in the EPL then you don't exist/are no good) were raving about him after he made his debut for Man City as a sub against Swansea and scored twice. Wow, they went, who is this guy, he's pretty good. Yeah, this guy who scored 100 goals playing for a team other than Barca and Real Madrid in La Liga, who won the europa cup, 2 under 20 world championships and Olympic gold medal, who had single handedly destroyed Barcelona, who had scored home and away against Barca and Real Madrid, who knew he was any good. :eek:

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yea, who can forgot this classic stuff

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR0BzEeyTik[/ame]

8. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And I recall that idiot Paul Merson stating (after his 2 goals against Swansea) that while it was an impressive debut, it was too early to judge as he has to prove himself against the big teams, presumably none of Barca, Real Madrid, Brazil, Chelsea, Spain (all of whon Kun had scored against) count as big teams according to Merson.

9. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's a classic, the bloke (I don't even know his name) refers to Aguero as having had a poor last season at Atletico, in 2010/11 season he scored 27 goals goals in 41 games, including 20 in 32 league games for Atletico. That is what gets my goat about a lot of these pundits, they are so lazy that they get the factual stuff totally wrong.

10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its not surprising to be honest, listen how these bias English commentator making a big deal out of England player putting a basic cross. Its amazing though they eat their own word on regular basis but still talk nonsense everyday

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaBvsqUlMsU"]England - Croatia 21.11.2007. - 2:3 - YouTube[/ame]

Also, all these stupid conspiracy about Barca paying the refferee

just watch how MU controlled the ref when they played city

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What makes me laugh is how English pundits/commentators will whip themselves up into a moral frenzy about foriegners diving and how something needs to be done about it. But as soon as one of "their" boys (i.e. English player) dives (usually Rooney/Gerrard/Lampard etc, etc) then all you get is a wall of silence, even when it a very obvious dive, nothing, not a word will be said.

PS: Thanks for the England v Croatia clip, brought a smile to my face.

12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    and they actually believe "SA players fail at EPL" myth

You know the biggest irony of all this? How many English player play outside EPL? how can you claim EPL is best league if all English players never play outside their own backyard?

article about Kun in Epl
    http://hereisthecity.com/2012/02/29/has-sergio-aguero-busted-the-myth-about-south-american-players/

13. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    English players will not play outside of the EPL because even the mediocre and the outright terrible EPL footballer will be getting paid a fortune for doing next to nothing.

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It might be Pipita's last season at Madrid. Not really getting that much time, plus they are always looking to buy more attackers. PSG just might be a place where their deep pockets will give them a shot at buying him. Pastore has dropped hints for PSG to get him. Pipita's father played in France and Pipita himself was born in France.

Speaking of Pastore, a nice video of him. As much as some of his play bothers me(tries to do too much at times) the boy has skills. Then again, anybody could look good in a mix, video; regardless enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=812JpgvtcBY&feature=related"]**Javier Pastore27** Paris SG 2012 HD - YouTube[/ame]

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope any Argentine players in madrid would move out

16. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    I watched a part of PSG vs A.Aj yesterday (went 4-1 to PSG).

Pastore played very well. He was very accurate and good at supplying wingers and attackers.

The only thing he, and Banega, have to work on is consistency.

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Banega needs to learn how to park his car first and recover. He had a very serious injury, so I wonder how he will return.

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Higuain scored twice , I didnt watch the game though

19. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, he needs to learn to put his handbrake on when putting fuel in his car.:D

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Didn't have to if he bought an automatic.

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxq-_9EjxeI"]Selección Argentina Destiny 50 Goles - YouTube[/ame]

good compilation of Argentina's goal

22. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sabella talking tactics against Barcelona while with Estudiantes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnUkSnicSaQ"]Sabella explica cómo le jugó Estudiantes al Barcelona - YouTube[/ame]

There's no way any of the players saw this under Batista and Maradona (dare I say even Basile to some extent).

23. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    That's an amazing document!!

Can anyone translate? Sabella seems to have put alot of thought into his tactics (as he should have)

I am a Barca fan, I have the entire game on my computer.
    Estudiantes was a very though oppenent for Barca, they should have won the game actually. They were a much tougher than Santos on the December 18th massacre.

24. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    When was it taken? Does anyone know?

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tactics are not a substitute for great players, but they do matter. That's the type of analysis that should have been done before playing Germany at South Africa.