Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players 2011-2013 (Part II) [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Rattlehead, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The rankings will conveniently change when it's time for the WC seedings. Having Messi on the team, the crown jewel of FIFA, means Argentina will be seeded.

2. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looking ahead to the Euros, the stand out teams are Spain, Holland and Germany, after that I would go for France and Italy, although both are erratic. England will crash out at the quarter final stage, as usual. although I'm hoping they don't get out the group stage.

As for Torres, difficult to see him getting in the squad to be honest, and lets face it, they didn't need him at the world cup so I don't think he's a big miss for them. They will miss Villa though. Their strength, as in the previous 2 tournaments, will be in midfield, a midfield of Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, Busquets and Fabregas is pretty hard to better. I don't know if people have seen much of Silva this season, but he has been outstanding, and he's another bloke who only featured in one game for Spain at the world cup.

3. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You're right on about their midfield, it's pretty dominant and their only concern after the Euro will be Xavi's age. I think Silva/Mata will be played up front to partner Villa or Negredo.

4. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Spain are still the favorites, even without Villa; Mata, Negredo, Silva is very powerfull with Iniesta Xavi Busquests behind them. Torres is irrelevant. If Villa is fit it's even more dangerous. The only team you could beat them is Germany imo.

5. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know it's completely random but I watched these 2 videos on Youtube. I know everyone has seen them, but it's two of my favourite Quilmes commercials (that and the "Soy yo" one).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CT5mMt1ojg"]Argentinos - Propaganda TyC Sports Mundial 2010 Argentina - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwx1nbBjEuo"]La Mejor propaganda ARGENTINA - Quilmes - YouTube[/ame]

Is there any way we can get our freaking players to watch these before their matches?!

6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lavezzi scored twice against Chelsea

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    some good old days

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba36RBQeqjM"]Italian Serie A Top Scorers: 1959-1960 Enrique Omar Sivori (Juventus) 28 goals - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJZjR2AoqJs"]Italian Serie A Top Scorers: 1958-1959 Antonio Valentin Angelillo (Internazionale) 33 goals - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5vXOVaikAI"]Italian Serie A Top Scorers: 1987-1988 Diego Armando Maradona (Napoli) 15 goals - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-UupI1uNg"]Italian Serie A Top Scorers: 1994-1995 Gabriel Batistuta (Fiorentina) 26 goals - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a0ug9vEZAk"]Italian Serie A Top Scorers: 2000-2001 Hernan Crespo (Lazio) 26 goals - YouTube[/ame]

8. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I don't know much about Matias Suarez but he's currently the top scorer in the Europa League.

9. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Maria is out injured and will miss Argentina's match against Switzerland. Eduardo Salvio has been called-up to reaplce him.

Marcos Rojo is also out injured, but no one will be called-up as a replacement.

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yup, about Angel. According to Marca he is out for another month.

http://www.marca.com/2012/02/23/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1329989599.html

A shame, he was having the best season of his career. But I was hoping he would mature by now, but being in Real Madrid that would stump his maturity growth.

On a side a note, Cholo has gotten Atlético playing really well. I might be wrong, but I do not think they have yet since he took over. He has Barcelona coming over the weekend.

Something tells me down the road he will be the manager of the NT.

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Both Manchester teams are rumored to go after Nico Gaitán. There was of course Real Madrid interest(again rumored). But it seems he will be leaving Benfica in the summer.

12. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Maria was doing really well until his injury. His first match back, he scored a golazo... then got injured a couple of minutes later.

Simeone has been doing very well with Atletico. I know that eventually he'll get the NT job, but I would rather he coaches a bit more to become more qualified (not that the AFA hires people for their qualification). But to gain more experience, I guess.

Gaitan seems to be on everyones radar. I know Manchester United has been interested in him for a while now. My guess is that's where he'll go.

Matias Suarez has also gotten the attention of a few teams lately.

13. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

lol God spares us if that happens... :eek:

14. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Denis scored a hattrick against Roma. He's scored as many goals as Cavan and Ibra this season.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Lavezzi just scored against Inter. He's having a brilliant game.

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akVTYmYi3qw"]Messi Superb Freekick Goal vs Atlético Madrid - YouTube[/ame]

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looking over the scoring sheet for the weekend in Europe.

Denis scored 3
    Palacio scored 2
    Lavezzi scored1
    Aguero scored 1
    Messi scored 1
    Tino Costa scored 1
    Demichelis scored 1
    Jonás scored 1
    Licha scored 1

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8WQNmMgxXk"]Lionel Messi - Barcelona vs Atletico madrid 2012 ( Freekick ).mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

nice curl and drop

Anyway, La liga should be renamed into Real-Barca's liga

19. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    An outrageous goal by Messi.

Incidently, despite all the propaganda, if you look at the 4 main leagues in europe, England, Germany, Italy and Spain, since the formation of the English Premier League, the league that has the fewest number of teams winning its domestic title (4) is, erm, England.

No team (not Bayern, Real Madrid, Barca, AC Milan/Inter/Juve) have dominated the league to the extent that Man Utd have done in the EPL.

20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes but since when thropies prior to EPL doesnt count?

Barca is 20+ champions, Madrid is 30+ champions. The third place got less than 10 thropies and there's only 9 different winners in Spanish league compare to English, 23. In serie A, there's 16 winners, Bundesliga has 28 different winners, Argentina league has 16 winners.

21. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My point was that in England, we are constantly told by Sky (about every 30 seconds by my reckoning) that the Premiership IS THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD (there is no room for debate on this matter). As far as Sky (and its army of pundits) are concerned football did not exist before before the Premiership was formed. And they tell us constantly that it is the most competitive league in the world, so it is surprising to find out that only 4 teams have won the title since its formation, where as 5 different teams have won La Liga in that same time. Yes, in the past you had provinsional teams such as Nottingham Forest and Derby who won titles, and going back in time even further sides such as Newcastle and Sunderland, but the premiership has concentrated money in the hands of a handful of clubs which has led to the domination by Man Utd. Man City are now able to compete because they have a multi billionaire owners, unless you have that kind of backing you stand no chance.

22. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    la liga has been some really tough teams if you watch the games you see Madrid and Barca ( more the latter this season) struggle in a lot of matchups...
    of course these 2 teams would walk all over any league in europe so the point is moot really.

23. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree with you 100%, both the current Real Madrid and Barca teams are not just good or very good, but outstanding.

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, Madrid still has something to proof at CL though.. their last title was over a decade ago.

Barca though, no question about their quality. Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Pique, Puyol, Busquet, Pedro, etc... these guys has won everything both at club and international level.

... while everytime Messi scored from FK it became a big news... this man still handle FK easily

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkLndKEXeec"]Gol de Riquelme (2-0) Boca vs Newell's - Clausura 2012 - HD FULL - YouTube[/ame]

It sucks that his World cup chance was being denied by his own coach (Pekerman sub and Diego's hard head)

25. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi aside Aguero is the best Argentine player on the planet at the moment, he has been outstanding (carrying on his form from last season with Atletico). He's not needed anytime at all to adjust to playing in a new league/country, just hit the ground running from the moment he made his first appearance for Man City as a sub against Swansea.