Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players 2011-2013 (Part II) [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Rattlehead, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    man tino costa's shot against madrid would have been goal of the season if it wasn't for the post...piatti played too but got subbed in the second half. Really wanted him to stay on as Madrid's defense was tiring quick

2. Brandon10

Brandon10 Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That shot was amazing.

3. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg9C96uqULw"]Tino Costa Amazing Shot Vs Real Madrid 08/04/12 ! - YouTube[/ame]

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It was the first time in a long time, I sat down and watched a game with some of the men in my family. It was a very entertaining game between the two sides. Tino Costa has a shot like nobodies business, but the rest of his game is so-so. Piatti could of done better today, had a chance to score but was not meant to be. Higuain was just bad today, Di Maria, lol, good old Di Maria. He tried a rabona today and failed miserably. Plus he was flopping around the place, he did have a chance to win the game but fell short. For a 0-0 game it was one of the better games of the season I have watched.

5. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Maria was horrible out there. Diving around.

In other news, Lionel Messi scored again. He's on 60 goals this season. 65 goals if you want to count Argentina.

6. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Is this guy for real?

[​IMG]

:eek:

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi will probably get 70 this season... these days he keep banging goal and assist even without Iniesta and Xavi. 5 goals in 5 games in national team under Sabella is also a sign... hopefully

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...te-Lionel-Messi-Champions-League-success.html

So Terry is looking forward to them finally being able to see him pit his wits against the very best.

'My kids love him,' he said.

'It's a pleasure because when you finish and you look back - and the guy's still going to be going strong - you've tested yourself against the best.

'And, quite clearly for me, he's the best ever.

'He's a great individual, a great person as well and a credit to the sport.

'For me, he's got everything. He is magical.'

8. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Great shot. Unfortunately, he just hasn't been getting them in. How can you be considered good if you 'almost' get them in.

I was really hoping that he would develop into a better player bc of his shot but its just not happening.

I don't know if he needs to move to another team or maybe we should just give up on him. I'm hoping that he improves!

9. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Other than his shot, I don't really feel Costa is NT material. Mascherano, Banega, Gago, Yacob, Canteros and Brana are all ahead of him.

10. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    He was suffering from whole-body spasms just like Pepe. Probably witchcraft...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUWiS9ZKjYI"]Di Maria gets mauled by Valencia players! - YouTube[/ame]

11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mINF6R6xr2s"]REAL MADRID VS VALENCIA / DIVE COMPILATION / ronaldo di maria ozil - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PoIIm0ytis"]Pepe Epic Diver Real Madrid vs Valencia - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9bznMjk1-k"]Cristiano Ronaldo dive Vs Valencia (2) - YouTube[/ame]

its amazing how mourinho has turned this side into bunch of dramaqueen

4 players with blatant dive in 1 match

and checkout that pink shoes of Ronaldo

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree, I like his shot and set piece but that does not merit a call up to the NT. His passing is not great, nor his defending. I mean he has time to prove his worth now since Éver has been out for the season. Oh well, Gago is doing well, I think...

13. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If he hasn't gotten it together by now, I don't think that he's going to get it together at all.

He might be enamored by his shot and he's hoping that wil carry him to fame. Maybe he should stop watching Youtube.

14. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gago seems to be a hate figure on the Roma fans thread on this site!

If Real Madrid blow this title race (and the chances of that seem to increase as each match goes by) then Mourinho is never going to live it down. Which would be very funny indeed. I notice he sends his number 2 out to slag of the officials every time LPB fail to win a game.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Call me objective because I support Barca, but these days its easy to see what's really happen on youtube within few minutes after the match. "They" said Barca always paid the ref ,now look what happen to Barca in first leg against AC milan, Puyol shirt was pulled while he's about to head the ball, Sanchez was double fouled on the box and nothing was given...Nesta superman tackle on Messi and didnt get sent off... however, Puyol and Guardiolla gave credit to Ac milan for their great efford after the match.. now put Mourinho in that position.

Zaragoza was awarded penalty and Barca prevail, too. Madrid dive and complaining every few mins against Valencia, yet replay shows who's the innocent.

16. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's the Moanhio way, Red Nose at Man Utd has been doing it for decades, you put so much pressure on the officials that they eventually buckle and you get big decisions in your favour whan it really matters. And if you don't, hey, it's all a conspiracy to ensure LPB/Man Utd don't win evrything ecery season.

I'm telling you, I would love it, just love it if Atletico beat LPB.:D

17. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I think that's harsh. His passing is not bad, in fact he made a great pass to Aduriz I think it was in the first half of that game that should have been a sitter but he missed it.

18. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    wow really harsh assessment of tino costa. He is very decent in midfield and did rather well in his face offs against the likes of Xabi alonso and cronaldo. He has a really nice touch and good passing. He was brought into the discussion for the NT because deadweights like Sosa make the team, on that ground so should tino.

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I still think Gago is ahead of him because Gago does many things good rather then 1 thing great and mediocre at the rest of his game. Tino Costa does want to play for the NT but he has to show a little more. He seems to lose the ball at times(the few Valencia games I have watched this season). His consistency level is not there. I like him but not sure if he is NT material(not saying that majority of players we get called up are either but I have decide to learn to live with the players that get called up).

Either Real Madrid are going to spank Atletico or they will take points off them. Cholo lost his last game but again has done a good job since taking over. Has lost maybe 3-5 games since taking over? Lost last week though.

The position Tino plays is very critical, if you mess up it's a straight drop, and again I fear he loses the ball a bit too much. Not the greatest dribbler, you need that in that role if you get yourself in trouble. Look at Gago and Banega, they both are solid on the ball. I'd just like to see a little bit of an improvement before I want to get a call to the NT, that is all.

Let me make something clear though, I know some random players get called up who do not belong in the conversation, but like I said earlier, I have accepted that and have moved on.

20. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've seen a fair bit of Tino and imho he is not up to international standard. A decent player, but nothing special. Just my opinion.

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sadly, you can say the same thing on most players in Argentina team in the last few years. Apart from great attacking line up, they all looks like bunch of average players.

No more players like Almeyda, Redondo, Ayala, Sorin & Roman. Most of the youngster also looking great doing tricks and being shown on youtube but if look at Holland, Germany or Italy, not as technical but prevail at big stage.

Even circa 2004-2007 when they didnt get any thropy either, they struck fear at opponents and apart from Brazil... opponent team look very cautious against Argentina but these days, any team play against them without fear cause they know they've been beaten time after time.

22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And he has achieved that at Atletico Madrid and Man City. Imgaine what he could have done if he was in this Barca team.:eek:

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And he has plenty of time to improve

Messi = 24
    Ronaldo = 27
    Van Persie = 28
    Aguero = 23

Its amazing that despite already having 300+ appearance he actually still a young player. In comparison Van persie now has 152 goals in 350 caps:p

25. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've always maintained that after Messi, Aguero is the most naturally gifted Argentine player in the world.

Di Maria is another very talented player, but he is such a little gob s**te it's difficult to warm to him.