Argentina y Bolivia Nov 11 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Nov 4, 2011.

1. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    applause!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    These criticisms of Sabella are way over the top and ignorant.
    Here we have a coach who has won the Libertadores cup against a team whose players are made up of players who couldnt get past the group stages of the competition.
    Apart from Clemente they are opposed by the superstars of European futbol Messi,Higuain,Pastore,Lavezzi etc and wghat do we get RUBBISH.
    The same rubbish we saw at the Copa America and the same rubbish we saw at the Mundial under two other coaches but more or less the same players.

Sabella will learn alot from tonight and i would say the fisrt thinh he will do id bring in Braña to play v Colombia because he will win the ball in the midfield unlike the clowns we had tonight
    To sum up how the Argentina public think of Messi and Co 25000 at most were in the Monumental tonight .On Sunday there will be a Nacional B game with 60000.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I do not get how the ref did not give the advantage.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwR7GxoTHOE"]Argentina vs Bolivia - Eliminatorias Sudamericanas 11 Nov (Arbitros Arreglados) - YouTube[/ame]

4. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, we have to stop playing this Messi style. It involves no free kicks and no real solid possession of the ball. It has us running and running and running with out any real pause and then acceleration, which has always been one of our strengths.

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is what I do not get. Whoever gets the ball, makes a run down the middle and hopes to dribble past 10 defenders and score. They need to put down the Playstation and understand, holding the ball and having players cut and runs will open up defenses. God knows how many times I saw Pastore, and Messi try to take on the planet by themselves today. Pastore was Kaka today alright, and I do not mean the one that plays for Brazil/Madrid.

We really missed Kun today, he knows how to hold the ball better than any of the other attackers we have. He can hold it, hold it, then explode, no pun intended.

6. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Porque el arbitro esta arreglado! Que Argentina pierda, hace que los Televisores se prendan en todo Sudamerica. Porque pensas que Grondona y Carlos Avila se estan peliando?

Another thing, how are you going to tell me that we know that these WCQ's are going to be tough before we even start playing? I'm not saying that Argentina is soooo much superior than Venezuela or Bolivia but to a certain extent we are. There is no reason for losing to Venezuela and tying with Bolivia.

Your biggest piece of evidence that shows you something is up, is the recent Argentina vs Brazil games. The level is high and the game is still there and we are talking about domestic based players. Imagine if the A squads lined up?

7. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Did you read after the Boliva game that all of a sudden Kun was ok and that it was only muscle fatigue? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 22 YEARS OLD with muscle fatigue? GIVE ME A FCUKING BREAK!

8. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kun needs to be on this team like yesterday, Messi should ride the bench. Did you see the goal he missed today?!?!?!?! How is it that for Barcelona he scores those late minute goals and for Argentina he just misses wide?

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    AFA is a disaster, I just don't know what to do anymore.

Everything is a disaster, and as angry as I want to be, I am having tough time getting upset over this. It's beyond anger, it's something I can not express. I know we are always destined for heartache, it's written in the stars.

I am not one that is a conspiracy theorist but I just can not believe certain players continue to get called up. If 99% of the public are seeing what is wrong, and are yelling and jeering, then you know something is up. If Ven/Bolivia are getting points out of these Euro based players, then maybe we need to put out the domestic team, who will go out there and fight and play.

10. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'll tell you what it is.

Sabella probably didn't want to risk Aguero thinking that we wouldn't need him to beat Bolivia (boy was he wrong), which would result in Aguero resting until the match in Baranquilla. Obviously it's just speculation on my part, but it would make sense.

If not, maybe Sabella was feeling the pressure for not playing Pastore? I don't know.

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Which one? He missed like 3-5 chances where he would be score for Barcelona.

I like the kid, he is a super talent for Barcelona but it is 50/50 when he plays for us, he maybe the best player or he fantasma.

12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Just look at his face. Messi seems relaxed and confident when playing for Barcelona. He's tense and looks about to pee his pants when he plays for Argentina. No idea why.

13. MrSoccerplayer

Apr 11, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    U rly need to look at this from a deeper angle, Messi could have finished 2 shots better today but what exactly do you expect him to do with 2-3 players surrounding him all the time and 5 players or more constantly in his path?

14. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You speak the truth: Messi has to go (and a few others too).

Am beginning to think Sabella is in over his head.

Peru is going to break our tight little asses.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    not everyone here agree with that appearently, some still think its always tactic and tactic problem not his performance:rolleyes:

do other team like brazil and spain wins thropy by having player as talented as messi? even without messi argentina got aguero, higuain etc

drop messi and try other things!

Messi did score against every big clubs but confidence is needed in every freakin proffesional sport and he dont have that in national team shirt!

Yea, I admit he's not human in Barcelona shirt... but to compare him with Diego who played in non superstar both at club and national team?.... pufffff

16. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi, Higuain, DiMaria and the rest excel in Europe because European football has become all about money...a few teams stacked three-deep with international players against the rest, who can barely string together a decent starting side. The European leagues, all of them, are a joke, and it's not too difficult to excel in those environs. When these players come to South America, it's a different tale altogether and now we have Bolivia undefeated against Argentina over the past three matches, including two as visitors.

Messi may just not be the player we want him to be, it's high time to begin realizing this.

Yes, I said this over a year ago: build the team's attack around Aguero and Pastore, and either bench Messi or make him a role player.

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    it would be the greatest thing in the world to see Argentina struggle to qualify with players like messi, higuain, di maria, mascherano etc etc... and when brazil not even play in qualifier

Appearently Diego's side is not as bad as this last 2 coaches... second round exit in copa america? 3 draws? now this?

18. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Once again the lack of a clinical striker leads to humiliation. And once again everyone is focusing on defense instead of blaming the real flaw in the team.

Not that I am surprised. I have seen this story again and again since the Sweden game of 2002.

And I doubt it will change soon. Maybe if we fail to qualify for 2014, someone will take notice of the fact that we are lacking as a team ever since Batigol's hey days. If we had a tall clinical striker, capable of finishing half chances with the foot and head, then one or two defensive lapses wouldn't matter.

I made this point before the Copa. I was of course ridiculed by everyone here saying we are fine up front. Well, against Uruguay we created around a dozen chances, but no one could put the finishing touch.

I expect to be ridiculed for this post too. People will say how all we need to do is fix defense. And then in Barranquilla we will create chance after chance but not finish them off. And then one defensive lapse will consign us to defeat. And then this forum will again obsess over how to fix the defense.

Rinse and repeat.

19. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    The defense needs an overhaul but there was creativity offensively i just think Pastore is not suited for that left wing spot he's way out wide he should play where Alvarez played and have a winger like Di Maria play his position this way the offense is more stretched out.

But boy that defense needs some work.

20. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We need a clinical striker, Higuain is inconsistent but when he's on he's world class. But the defense is terrible, and I wouldn't call the goal Bolivia scored a mere defensive lapse, it's become a recurrent symptom to give cheap goals like this in crucial matches.

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

We still had Crespo who managed to score plenty of goals. We have not had anybody like him. As much I like Pipita and he scores goals, but he is not even close to a Bati or Crespo.

22. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Higuain is seriously overrated. He might catch lightning in a bottle once in a while and score a brace. But for an attack minded team like Argentina, we need a clinical striker, and an equally opportunistic second striker, who can be relied on to convert our tiki-tiki creativity in to 1 or 2 goals consistently. Instead we have lilly livered Pipita and midgets like Messi and Kun masquerading as real-strikers. And our last 2 idiot coaches who made playing beautiful tiki tiki football a priority over scoring goals the ugly way.

We need to ditch these overrated European players who can succeed only if they are surrounded with an all star cast. Time to cast our net wide in the Argentine Primera and develop 2 or 3 real strikers in the Batigol mould. Its getting late but we still have time to pull this off before 2014. But the door is rapidly closing.

23. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    dudee are you f'en kidding Higuain scored two goals from tight angles wtf do u want more ? When you are attacking nd generating goal scoring opportunities while your opponent score from a half-chance it breaks the morale...defense is what should be our main worry.

24. hoss23

hoss23 Member

Mar 3, 2003
    At Barcelona he sees Guardiola when he looks to the sidelines...think of the clowns he has seen when he has looked to the sideline over the last 5 years with the NT. I imagine that I would fill my pants under similar circumstances, and pee would be the least of my concern.

25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Kun is the best goal scorer we have. I think he is deadly on either foot. Probably cuts the ball better than anybody in the world.

Higuain is more of a Caniggia than a standard 9. I like that Blandi kid from Boca, he seems to have potential.