Argentina y Bolivia Nov 11 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Nov 4, 2011.

1. marcelo1973

marcelo1973 Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Not a bad idea, !!!

2. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    quoted for truth. The ref majorily messed up in the first half. Higuain's goal was legit. other than that the blame is on us.

what we need is ....BIELSA :D

3. Brandon10

Brandon10 Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We will never win anything with this defense no matter how many great attackers we have. Demichelis being himself. Lavezzi can suddenly finish against Bolivia.

4. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bielsa ? Pochettino ?

Sabella has lost my faith. It is just the glaring errors.

Dimi is awful. Has been since 2009 when he picked up a bad injury. Yet he picked him.

Alvarez is not the player at present he was at Velez. Still picks him.

And there is no discernible pattern of holding the ball and playing a structured game.

Its not as if the other teams like Bolivia or Venuzuela have improved massively. Just that we've sunk so low and continue to plumb new depths.

No wonder the masses are losing faith. We have some of the best players in the world and young defensive talent coming through but the coach is terrible.

Maradona, Batista now Sabella. Who next ? Grondona needs to be eliminated as well. His dead hand is turning the seleccion cancerous.

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Absolutely toothless performance. The fact we have to gripe about the ref against Bolivia should say it all. Argentina with the talent we have should..........Clemente was out best player in scraping out a tie against Bolivia:confused: Laphroaig Triple Wood here I come!

6. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wow, just wow. From ********ing Pekerman to this shit? Really?

Clemente was MOTM for me, by far. Zabaleta comes in second. If Rojo ends up starting on the left for us against Colombia, I will snap.

Demichelis and Burdisso can GTFO, right now. You know its bad when the freaking fans start boo-ing you. Mascherano at CB could not have done worse today. Heck, anyone at CB could not have done worse. Get the freaking U20 kids in there as CB's. You can't tell me Demichelis is going to do a better job.

This obsession by Sabella towards Estudiantes players has to end. You would think Sosa was his love child. Let's just all be glad that Veron is retiring at the end of the year (of course hes going to work in the AFA so it doesn't help) or else he would have been out there.

Pastore, who I'm not giving up on, must have thought he was in a Youtube video shoot because he tried all those backheels and fancy flicks when all we needed was a simple pass. Messi is frustrated and couldn't finish. Higuain actually did well and scored two goals, but you know, that hdp of referee decided to mess it up.

Lavezzi comes on and scores. Ok... Mother********er where were you when we needed you to score at the Copa? Whatever, I take back everything bad I have ever said about him.

This match is reminiscent of the match against Ecuador last time around in Buenos Aires when Palacio came and scored to finish the game at 1-1. Of course Ecuador is actually a decent opponent and not, you know, BOLIVIA.

A serious question here is, how much has this match taken out of the players? Both mentally and physically?

4 points out of the first 4 matches in the qualifiers (come on, we all know we're going to lose in Baranquilla).

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Han tenido pésima suerte, también. El primer gol anulado por cobrar una falta tarde, un penal no dado, y después los nervios.

8. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Jugadores, Sabella, Bilardo, Grondona fuera por dios!!!!!!!!

9. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a load of ************ i am reading here.Sabella has just finished his third competitive game with the seleccion.How many has Demichelis,Burdisso,Messi,Higuain,Mascherano etc have played and FAILED And failed failed miserably.Best players in the world bullsh...They are playing in big teams against rubbish in Europe and look good.Have you looked at the 2 team spanish,Italian and english leagues.Its easy to look good for Barcelona against Osasuna for f ... sake

10. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Why is Coloccini not getting a chance? He is having a great season so far at Newcastle!

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know I should be more upset but I have become numb to these guys.

12. MrSoccerplayer

Apr 11, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    lol I almost feel sorry for your NT.
    The team has absolutely no width and Bolivia just packed the mid of the field and they couldn't do shit.
    Why is Mascherano playin in the mid? He should be playing at CB like he does at Barca and a more creative mid in his place on the midfield.
    You also need another CB who is competent not Demichelis who is absolute shit.
    You also need better fullbacks which will provide some width

Sabella looks like an amateur coach to me.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

There are many defenders that can get the job done but I just do not get how Sabella keeps calling up a group of jokers. I just can't you an answer.

14. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Sabella is an amatuar coach Messi and co are Argentino B players

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

We had 9 points in 4 games last time around and we struggled to get in the WC. We are already in MAJOR MAJOR trouble. Teams are going to come into Argentina and park the bus and catch us on the counter and hope that Demi and Nico play so they can make them pay for their errors. Peru is a good attacking team with a fantastic coach, Uruguay is going to give us trouble in Argentina, Colombia coming into Argentina is going to give us trouble. Nearly every single team that comes into Argentina is going to give us trouble. I do not think they will do the same mistake Chile did, and come out and attack.

Only positives is that there is still an extra spot but my hope was to finish at the top of the group in these qualifiers, I do not want to go through that crap again, but looks like we have no choice.

16. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Well, what I saw was complete chaos on the field. There is absolutely no structure to the team; almost nobody knows what role they are supposed to be playing.

Soccer is a team sport, and in today's world, every team is very organized and tactically sound. You can have the best talent in the world, but if everybody is doing their own thing and meandering all over the field, you will lose 9 times out of 10.

Maybe once in a while individual brilliance can win you a game, but most often than not defense and tactics will win.

Messi still does not know what he is on the team, playmaker, support striker, centerforward? Pastore has no idea what he is supposed to be, pulling the strings or be on the wings.

The fact is, is that this Argentina will continue to lose even if they had 3 players the talent of Messi.

The personnel in the defense needs to change asap, definitely, but get a structure in the team.

The team was all over the place today. Chaos will win you games randomly. Structure and proper tactics will win you championships, if you have the players.

17. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I find it odd that players like Messi, Higuain and Masche who are highly regarded across the globe for their abilities by most commentators are called thus.

Even Burdisso who has been solid and reliable in serie A for the last few years.

I do blame the coaching staff. It is clear thus far Sabella is merely repeating the errors of the other previous incumbents namely in picking dross like Dimi for instance, playing players out of position ie Alvarez and Pastore and has done nothing at all to overhaul that snail paced frail defence which is what he has to do to inspire confidence in the midfield.

Without a defence nothing will come to fruition but looking at the Keystone Cops routine from the central pairing with most of the blame apportioned and rightly so to Dimichelis there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

A half decent coach ought to be able to get a side like this playing in a recognisably structured manner and be able to hold onto the ball for long periods and probe and tire the opposition out.

Players who excel for their clubs come to the seleccion and suddenly look awful. There has to be a reason.

I will say this that in all departments the AFA is antiquated and shambolic. From preparing the team to all levels of football it is failing abysmally.

Other nations are changing tack and acting to optimize their programmes and we will get caught.

Everyone knew Bolivia were going to sit back but even from the first few minutes of the second half there was precious little width.

18. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well said. In the modern game teamwork counts for an awful lot. In depth preperation too. I would love to know the sort of backroom staff Sabella has to analyze the opposition compared to an association like the DFB say.

The very fact that he does not scout Europe properly like his predecessors says a lot. A glaring omission like Silvestre over Dimichelis is scandalous.

Still no sign of replacement coaches for the u17 and u20 either.

And what is crushing is I see no light at the end of this tunnel. Not for years.

Goodbye for now . Don't have nightmares........

19. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    I have always supported Messi and has ridiculed the view that Messi looks great because he plays for Barcelona. But i am begining to seriously doubt my opinion on Messi.

He is talked as one of the best player in the history of the football, hell even many people argue him to be better than Maradona, D I E G O F UCKING MARADONA!!!!!!! And when we need him to play better and act as a leader on the pitch, he bows his heads down and walks around the 16 m and and hope to ********ing get out of there?

I always thought that he will mature one day and then he will learn to lead his team. But that day hasn't come yet and i seriously doubt if he ever will achieve that.

Before i thought he was too young or he is finding his feet in this team. But now, he has already won the best player in the world award for 2 consecutive years and is about to get other. He has won anything there is to win in European club football and he is lauded as the one of the best player in footballing history. But still, he ********ing hides his face and bows his head down and walk around the centre of the field when his teams need to score?????

Where is the ********ing leadership when you have already matured so much as a footballer? why the ******** are you wearing that armband?

Why the hell didn't he move around the ground where there was space and DEMAND the ball from his teammates? Why no ********ing words of encouragement to his teammates? why no ********ing words with the refree when he was not giving many fouls that should have been called for?

I understand everyone can have bad games but my anger with Messi is not his performance today, my anger is to do with his attitude.

You are the ********ing best player in the world, so start behaving like one with a authority and attitude. Don't walk in the field like a 10 year old ********** who is afraid of getting ********ed by other 22 gorillas.

Sabella, you can go and ******** yourself too. Mother ********er just use players those are in form and stop this favoritism. Mother********ersssssssssssssss:mad: suck Gorillas, horse's and anaconda's dick.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I missed the game, but from what I'm reading on Olé messi had a completely terrible match and missed many shots and continue to hit bad free kicks.

I agree that Sabella set up a poor team, but I think the Messi fan club needs to open their eyes and realize that Messi has played over 60 times for Argentina under 5 different coaches and he has probably had 1 or 2 good games (aside from friendlies)

Not defending Sabella, but you got to point the finger at Messi here (like i said i missed the game but from what I read Messi has yet again set new lows for himself playing for Argentina)

(one again this is not an attack on him or questioning his patriotism or commitment. I'm just saying he plays like sh!t nearly every time he plays for argentina)

21. MrSoccerplayer

Apr 11, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Not so much knowing their place as the system is at fault, you have no width and the fullbacks don't provide it either, hence the opposing team simply packs the middle of the field and you struggle.

Higuain and Messi know their place, but problem is Messi can't do shit if there are 10 players packed in the mid and Higuain doesn't get much useful balls.

Your two Centre Backs were all over the place and out of position so fullbacks had to be wary going forward and midfield players had to cover all that extra ground.

You also need more creative players in the middle so why put Mascherano there, put him at CB if anything, certainly better than the 2 jokers you had today.

If you get no width from fullbacks at least change the system so you have wingers in attack.

Sabella does look like an amateur coach from what ive seen, how can he be so blind is beyond my comprehension.

22. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The fall of Argentine futbol correlates with the rise of power of Cristina.

She assumes power in Oct 2007 and then we get:

-futbol para todos
    -Diego Maradona DT and WCQ - Diego always mentioned Cristina as the head of power
    -copa america 2011 disaster
    -river to la b
    -WCQ 2014 losing to Venezuela and tying to Bolivia

Grondona as we all know is a corrupt mother fukcer, who is in bed with Cristina. Cristina is flipping the country around and needs the attention of futbol somewhere else.

23. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We're in trouble, no doubt. We just need the rest of the teams to draw, that way they don't get maximum points. But of course even if that happens, we're going to need to... you know... start winning games.

If Bolivia was able to do this to us at home, imagine what Uruguay, Colombia, Ecuador or Peru can do.

24. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I am a big, big Messi fan, but maybe Argentina should bench him for a few games and start with Aguero, when he's healthy.

I also believe Messi needs to get out of Barcelona, and go to the Italian league.

25. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Free Kicks? HAHAHAHHA We got almost NO CALLS for anything. A bolivian was grabbing the shit out of Lavezzi's shirt and NO FOUL was called. Multiple penalties we also NOT CALLED.

The game was a disgrace, plain and simple.