Argentina y Bolivia Nov 11 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Nov 4, 2011.

1. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually Diego is doing quite well in Saudi Arabia or Dubai or wherever it is that he is. :D

3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yep, cant explain what happen during 2002 world cup but Argentina was unbeatable prior to that... even after an own goal they still beat Brazil 2-1. Perhaps it was like USA beating Spain at confederation cup... cant explain why it happen but that just happen.

But I disagree Pekerman got his tactic from Bielsa. Riquelme built his team around Roman, that's already big differences. Also, Pekerman coached that 95-06 generation at youth level with major success and has knew those players well.

4. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well I haven't forgotten. I still remember. Argentina was the team this present day Barcelona is based on, just ask Pep.

I've been a loyal Bielsa supporter since his days at Velez, when we attacked with 6 and defended with the same!!

Grondona is the mother********er that wants us to lose that'd why Bielsa left!

5. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are right COSMOS in this regard. So much football philisophy has been exported from Argentina ie Zubeldia seniors nutritional regimes and player by player analysis, yet at the moment we have reached a nadir in the actual coaches who coach the seleccion.

Bielsa at least knows what he is doing. Yes he picked some poor choices in 2002 and the team were badly fatigued after long seasons in Europe and therefore not at their peak to play his style but before that the team were invincible. And playing the football idiots who write about football think Barca invented. :rolleyes:

And I just wanted to add why is it that playerslike Canteros, Blandi , Cirigliano are not in the domestic squad compared to the old stagers. This squad at least under Diego was filled with players showing promise and ability to make the step up to the seleccion.

Not it's full of old players all respect to them who should not be in consideration anymore for the national team.

6. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why not attack his credentials? As a coach he's accomplished next to nothing over his 20 odd years of coaching. Respected? Sure and to a small degree I agree but proven? What has he proven? A few league titles with NOB and an Olympic Gold.......that qualifies as proven these days? I know our team is in a complete shit state but really?

As for all the excuses of uncontrollable this and injuries that, all that tells me which it seems most of us know is that he had no plan B when things didn't go the teams way. Isn't that the same thing we've been bitching about our recent coaches for four years now? No plan B.

He didn't want to ruin the balance of the team? How did that work out for us? Veron, Gallardo and Ortega combined weren't even playing at the level Riquelme was between 1999-2002. It was a pretty hot topic in Argentina at the time. As for the team being on a rampage, yeah we played well throughout the WCQ but at the end of it all, not much separated us from the next five teams down the table. It created a severe false sense of security that led Bielsa to boldly claim that anything other the World Cup would be a failure. It turned out to be a monumental failure, the worst for the NT in 30 years and only surpassed by Pedernera's failure to qualify 10 years prior to that.

The team played well and many times brilliantly but when push came to shove and teams adapted to us that jackass refused to adapt himself and it cost us. As I already said, he had no plan B. What has his system proven?

About the only thing that side had in common with Barca is the formation they play. Bielsa's team was considerably less free-form than Barca. The style of player selected b/w the two was apples and oranges and the way it was executed was also night and day.

edit: I couldn't find any quotes from the players about both coaches and their influence, can you help out with a link to something?

Pekerman and Bielsa are complete opposites with regards to tactics, how did you draw this conclusion? I know Pekerman thought highly of Bielsa but that's about it. If you want fluidity of play, I'd take Basile in the early 90's and Pekerman for 2006 qualifiers and WC. I'll touch on the identity thing in a second.

What's been the identity of El Loco's teams? Attack balls-out and hope you score enough goals that you cover your ass on the counter? That's his teams in a nutshell. We've been playing high tempo for a while now and we look completely lost. Unless you have world class defenders all the way around such as France in their recent pomp, you don't play a style that leaves you vulnerable to the counter. He's not the answer.

Unfortunately I have watched some Bilbao games this season. Three in fact with the most recent being the game against Barca. Bilbao played above their potential and Barca.....well I think it's fair to say that they weren't close to their best. I don't expect Pep or any coach (Mourinho the exception) to diss any other coach. Pep is too class for that.

You realize you used a team that is like ninth or tenth the league and allows one goal for every one they score as an example of a good coach with good tactics?

7. zant

zant Member

Sep 7, 2009
    trikala,greece
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have watched every single Bilbao game this season.Let me tell you something.Watch this team how they will win the europa league and finish among the first 4 teams in Spain.He's doing a great work.The only reason they are 9th at the moment is due to the bad start.Sorry for the offtopic.

8. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you're off topic then what am I?:eek::D No worries, it's just another Bielsa team, rinse and repeat and same result.