Argentina y Bolivia Nov 11 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Nov 4, 2011.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

y

[​IMG]

Time: 5PM Baires time, 1PM PST,4PM EST.(I am not a 100% on this, since daily savings happens this week) will have the correct time before kickoff.

Place:

El Monumental

[​IMG]

Bolivia are on the bottom of the table in qualification which means they will have to come in Argentina and play. I am not sure if they will try to get a tie. Bolivia has been a throne in our side the last couple of times. We were lucky to get a draw in the Copa, Romero saved our butts in that game. A great goal by Kun salvaged a draw for us. Before that, we all recall the 1-6 trashing Bolivia gave us in La Paz. What a dreadful game that was. Last time we beat Bolivia was 2007 in the same round of the qualifiers, 3-0, 2 goals by Riquelme and 1 by Kun.

We can all guess that Sabella may use a "B" team against Bolivia so he can rest some of the players and prepare them for Colombia. He will probably start a few regulars. The way Lio is, my guess he would want to play by Sabella will make the call. I doubt he will, Barcelona has a game on Sunday vs Bilbao and that will be a tough game.

This can be a gamble, I think the panic button will be hit if the game is 0-0 after the first 45. Again, we haven't beaten Bolivia the last 2 times we have played them(and that was with a full squad). Then again, the 2 men in charge of those teams were Diego and Batista.

Only positives I can see from a "B" team is that we may finally see Pastore get a full game in. It will be nice to see some new faces get their time to shine. I have no idea what the formation may look like since the game is about a week away.

So what is the team you want to see against Bolivia?

BTW, there will be fútbol in the next few days, so baring any injures and etc this is what the roster will look like for now.

Goalkeepers:
    Sergio ROMERO
    Mariano ANDÚJAR

Defenders:
    Martín DEMICHELIS
    Nicolás BURDISSO
    Federico FERNÁNDEZ
    Luciano MONZÓN
    Pablo ZABALETA
    Marcos ROJO

Midfielders:
    Javier MASCHERANO
    Éver BANEGA
    Fernando GAGO
    Javier PASTORE
    Nicolás GAITÁN
    José SOSA
    Pablo GUIÑAZÚ

Forwards:
    Lionel MESSI
    Ángel DI MARÍA
    Gonzalo HIGUAÍN
    Ezequiel LAVEZZI
    Germán DENIS
    Sergio AGÜERO

2. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    For the record, I will state that I hate this two squads idea. We have a hard enough time getting one team to play cohesively and consistently, I can't wait to see two separate sets of players. On the positive side, if it means closer looks at guys like Pastore, I can live with that for now. But I know that I positively cannot take any shameful performance against Bolivia. The mindset should be to go out and blow them out of the water to shake loose their confidence a little bit.

And why oh why is Lavezzi on this squad?

3. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Anything other than a victory, everything needs to be shoot down.

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wish they used Mouche. Truly underrated player
    [​IMG]

6. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
  7. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wake up Sabella......:rolleyes: I honestly think I could do a better job in selection.

8. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Di Maria is out injured...didn't look too good might be out for a while.

9. Maurice Dollars

Maurice Dollars ¡Arriba Perú, carajo!

Jan 11, 2011
    Lima, Perú
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  10. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know he is playing out his mind and has something like 10 assists in La Liga so far, but I can live without him. Now lets hope Lio, and Pastore can stay fir for their games today so they do not miss the game either.

12. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is a shame but there is depth to this position. Promote Gaitan also in excellent form and call up Palacio too after being poorly treated by the manager.

13. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    he played really well in the first game but then Sabella decided to play him as a deep lying midfielder. Surely Pastore will start a game now..

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  15. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    lmao!

16. zant

zant Member

Sep 7, 2009
    trikala,greece
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would pick these starting eleven for the match against Bolivia:

-------------------Romero---------------------
    --Zabaleta---F.Fernandez---Burdisso--Monzon--
    ------------Gago------Guinazu----------------
    ---Lavezzi--------Pastore------------Gaitan---
    ------------------Aguero-----------------------

Taking into account that messi,higuain,mascherano etc will be rested, this seems like a very competent team,but the players may need some time to build cohesion and communication between them,as it is a totally new team.

17. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Indeed. Why doesn't he go the whole hog and just pick the Estudiantes side.

His selections are fast becoming a joke with no concession to a players form, ability and an eye to building for the future.

Guinazu and Desabato and co are not the players to build for 2014. :mad:

18. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Desabato is the heart of a defence who conceaded 22 goals in the current Apertura tournament...
    Make no mistakes though, the other ones were called up because of the past Estudiantes link and not on their current form (even though Orion and Clemente are playing well in Boca).

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  20. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What time is the match and anyone knows of any streams?

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I believe it's 1pm PST and as for streams, just come before the game and it will likely be posted.

22. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    In all honestness: I am friggin' terrified.

Why? Bolivia? Ya we struggled to tie against them at home. AT HOME!!!

Colombia? I hate to say it but after what this team has shown: we are gonna lose.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, it is rumored we are going to play a 4-3-3, with Kun,Messi,Higuain upfront. Gago,Masche,Sosa in the MF, and Nico,Zaba,Micho,Clemente in defense. Talk about walking disaster from the MF(besides Gago and to a certain degree Masche) all the way to defense. Those guys in defense would mess up a cup of coffee if you asked them to make it.

I just can't believe Sabella is this dumb. I am getting very close to stop watching the NT until the MF and defense is fixed. The selección has already taken years off my life, and I do not mind losing when we have a strong team, but putting out jokers who do not belong anywhere near the NT, then I am tired of it.

We better win both games, and win something that I can smile about. A win in Colombia will go a long way.

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I'm also worried about the defensive side. On the other hand, it's about time Messi, Aguero and Higuain start a game. Does anybody remember the last time Messi, Aguero and Higuain started together, if ever? You'd think it must have happened at some point. But I was trying to think when, and I can't recall.

Should be exciting.

25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Didn't they start vs Costa Rica and Uruguay in the Copa?