Argentina vs. Ecuador en Mar del Plata 04/20/11 (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RiverGaucho, Apr 19, 2011.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]
    Argentina
    vs.

[​IMG]
    Ecuador
    @
    [​IMG]
    Estadio José María Minella

Argentina Line Up: Juan Pablo Carrizo; Iván Pillud, Federico Fernández, Jonatan Maidana, Ariel Rojas; Cristian Chávez, Claudio Yacob, Diego Valeri; Pablo Mouche, Enzo Pérez y Hauche.

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Argentina vs. Ecuador en Mar del Plata

This man goes for his revenge:

[​IMG]

3. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I like the lineup, Fernandez is an improvement over Lopez from the game against Venezuela, as is Carrizo over Garcia. Why does Batista keep selecting Pillud, is he better than Ferrari, San Roman or Gaston Diaz?

4. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Ferrari the winger? He is 28, yet still can't come to agreement with the right back role.
    Nice to see Carizzo back.
    Who is San Roman? Never watched him.
    Gaston Diaz is solid, probably on par with Pillud (Batista is really making a great wingback out of his name...)

Chavez in the XI? Why not somebody that actually start for their club?
    Mouche looked great last time. Let's see if he could replicate the same form again.

5. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    San Roman is at Tigre, and has always impressed the albeit few times I've seen him. I think Moralez would have started over Chavez if Velez players were available, still would have liked to see DeFederico get the starting spot as he is a better player.

6. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    I thought DeFederico was injured.

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pillud is one of the best PLAYERS yet alone rightbacks in Argentina... Batista has guaranteed him a spot in the Copa America squad and he views him as the starting rightback in Brazil 2014... have you never seen him play? hits a beautiful cross, i'd start him over Zanetti now

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5KKrrXMr6Y"]YouTube - San Lorenzo 1 - Racing 2 - TORNEO CLAUSURA 2011 | Fecha 3[/ame]

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Weather is horrible, comical defending on the long ball allows Ecuador to go up 1-0 in the 27th min...

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    2-1 now. Maidana's header is fumbled by Elizaga and Yacob taps it in. Great play by Enzo Perez to Hauche who chips Elizaga for the second

for the Tevez lovers out there, Elizaga is the same goalie who saved his penal in the eliminatorias

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ecuadorian's need to chill, they are going in hard with some of these tackles.

Yacob sends a message lol...

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well that was interesting(Kind of). I wonder what Batista will take from this game. Not everyday can we say Michael Jackson scored on us :D....

12. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, these matches always bring something bizarre.

I think that the team was "okay" until Yacob's injury and Pérez came out, his assitance combined with Hauche's finishing was amazing, but oh well.

13. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pillud a big fancy to go to the Copa didnt do himself any favours but I think Carrizo,Maidana and Yacob all have good chances

14. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One nice thing from this game. The players understand the system and are executing it. Unfortunately they need just a little more to become more clinical in their scoring.

15. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    If Pillud gets into the Copa squad ahead of Zabaleta, I'll personally hunt down Batista myself.

16. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I sensed that Pillud was crap, guess I wasn't wrong.

17. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Did he have a bad game yesterday? Yes.
    Is he a bad player? nah

18. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For me Pillud has more potential than Zabaleta.So i cant see why none would be dogmatic as to why one is so far ahead of the other.Certainly Pillud had a poor gane the other night but maybe his replacement Quilez(21) could be the one for 2014 as Batista clearly sees something there.