Argentina vs Ecuador, Eliminatorias, June 2 2012 (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by argentine soccer fan, May 29, 2012.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We wearing new shirts?

2. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The ref needs to get a hold of this game before someone gets really hurt. I said it earlier, it's going to get ugly.

3. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I think its just the numbers. Cant wait for the next one, don't like this one very much.

4. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    It's hard to say. With Messi dropping back so deep, I see the midfield being bypassed for the most part. Di Maria has obviously had his moments, but it seems to me like he's playing as a another withdrawn forward, and Messi and he are being used interchangeably.
    I think Masch is doing his job decently and would like to see more from Gago, although I can't fault him too much if offensively, Messi and Di Maria are very active in his zones.

5. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    GOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL - Am I late to the party? lol

6. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I like what I've seen of the tridente so far, what I don't like seeing is Messi having to make those runs up the middle so often to open those passing lanes up. Sooner or later teams are simply just going to knock him on his ass every time. The midfield hasn't really impressed me much. Mascherano started strong but seems to have disappeared as the match went on, much like Gago and Di Maria. Defensively Garay and Fernandez seem to be figuring it out. With some continuity and communication they'll be a good pairing. Zabaleta was bad and Clemente touched the ball a lot but didn't offer much.

I'd like to see us score a quick goal to start the second half and put this to rest. I could see red card quality tackles in the second half from Ecuador as well.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  7. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I hope we keep the quadruple up front regardless who we playing. Imagine what they can do with better chemistry. Di Maria's passing is what it was for Madrid in the beginning of the season! Yes Aguero's first goal was offside but were bound to break soon as we were playing well collectively.

Zabaleta's been caught napping a couple of times...really could have cost us on that first chance. The central defense seems ok and its good to finally have some height there.

I really like Gago's work rate but I am not sure what he adds to the team...

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Kun's goal was offside, it wasn't going to change much. They would not be able to hold off Messi,Kun,Pipita for 90 minutes. Plus just viewing it, none of the Ecuador players protested Kun's goal.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Any streams ?

10. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    The thing is with playing that foursome up front, you can probably get away with it against weaker opposition and/or when they're all in great form. We've seen very good rapport between them today with the passing being so crisp. But to me, eventually it will come down to being able to play sound defense and having some kind of control of the midfield against tough opposition. I simply don't see how this team will be able to bank on Messi dropping back so far and making those heroic runs time and time again.

11. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I would take my chances on that one. The ref today is very lenient and the ecuadorians had the chance to take Messi down on that last goal but couldn't. Stricter refs in the WC will show some cards more often.

Messi is just fine roaming free, all we need to do is provide him with passing options which we are doing now.

12. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    It was so marginally off that they probably didn't realize it. It's funny that no one protested though.

13. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    you guys probably didnt watch but these tackles have been nothing like the ones in the Bolivia-Chile game. Bolivia looked like all they were playing for was to end Alexis Sanchez' career. You guys have kind of already stolen my thunder with alot of my thoughts. Garay-Fernandez has given me hope for a nice pairing down the road. Clemente hasnt been a liability but Zabaleta has been mighty shaky. Mascherano started well but lost a few passes and became invisible, Gago has contributed well but like whats been said he is deferring to Messi and Di Maria who are dropping back. The attacking play has been good that Messi/Aguero connection is going to be a problem for the rest of the world.

cigar_city repped this.
  14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With more attackers, Messi has room to attack. It's pick your poison, want Kun,Pipita or Kun to kill you.

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hmm, interesting.

16. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm assuming you're talking about the Kun card? No replay gave a definitive view of what happened....just showed an overhead view and I'd call it a dive personally.

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, seemed like it. When I was first saw it, wasn't too sure what was going to happen.

18. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I thought one of the replays shows the GK making slight contact with his back foot, but he should have been able to remain on his feet. So I have no problem with the card.

19. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Sosa is warming up...it was fun while it lasted lol

Siempre_Albiceleste repped this.
  20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nice tackling by Gago.

21. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Geez Zabs is having a shocker.

22. Skorenzy

Skorenzy Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Clemente Rodríguez has been crap.

23. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    And Clemente has messed up a couple of times too. I'd throw the tape away on this one, if I was Zaba.

24. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Oh my! Sosa in...for Kun? Goodbye free flowing football.

25. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Clemente for the most part has been non existent. Zabs has been simply bad.