Argentina vs Ecuador, Eliminatorias, June 2 2012 (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by argentine soccer fan, May 29, 2012.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Every DT has their favorite. Pekerman took Scaloni in 06 instead of Pupi. It's nothing new, just have to live with it. They are comfortable with their players because they know their patterns and what they have shown them in previous times.

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Messi will drop back a little bit and help out. We saw this last year at the Copa vs Uruguay(But it was more of a 4-4-2). Gago,,Di Maria,Kun,Messi and Higuain playing as the attacking role(to a lesser extent with Gago). Yeah, we dominated the game and even were a man up for a long spell, but yet even with Kun,Messi and Higuain up front we were unable to go up and win. Sabella believes Ecuador is going to come in and play for a draw, and this is why he will want to attack with 3 up front. We probably will have the ball for most of the game and Ecuador may try to hit us on the counter. Regardless, I am interested in seeing the team play play a couple times in the next week or so.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  3. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Alejandro does seem to have a fixation with Sosa for reasons unknown as he hardly offers anything out of the ordinary.

Defence is fine and both fullbacks offer attacking options. And at last there appear to be some fine young fullbacks coming along whose performances in the Libertadores have caught the eye.

Matias Rodriguez has been called up and hopefully gets the chance to play. Gino Peruzzi had Neymar in his pocket when Velez played Santos and then there is Sanchez Mino at Boca.

Not neglecting Nicolas Tagliafico and Ansaldi. At some point in time Sabella needs to bleed these younger players into the team. Fernandez is aerially commanding and pretty speedy but he needs regular first team football from next season.

Silvestre and Musacchio also need consideration at some point along with Colocinni. Yes I never thought I'd hear myself say that.

Sosa unfortunately replaced Gago in the last training session which to me unbalances the side in being too attacking. This might be fine against Ecuador who will play Chelsea's favoured 10-0 formation but against other sides it is unsuitable.

Gago is a much better balance even Brana alongside Masche. I can see di Maria, Kun, Pipita and Leo all prepared to work back and defend but not him. There seems to be no defined formation upfront so I hope to see plenty of interchanging and movement.

Kun can drop into that shadow nine role with ease though I'd prefer that we have real width and di Maria hugs the left touchline. Leo ?

Yes he can be the playmaker. Though again I'd prefer that Pastore and Lamela be given that role eventually. Pastore finished the season well with PSG and Lamela under Enriques guidance at Romas has come on and improved game by game (aside from that disgusting spitting incident) and should be one to look out for next season.

If he does sit there then teams will put 1-2 DM's onto him so it is imperative other players use the space created by it and do not just watch him in amazement and put some faith into their own not too small abilities.

We saw this with Barca this season at times what has been an endemic problem with the seleccion where the solution to problems on the field seems to be ,let Leo crack it by himself.

Playing Leo there does detract from his scoring potential a bit and personally my preference is to use some other playmaker there and put Messi up top on either flank with the freedom to roam at will.

---------------------------Romero----------------------------------
    Zabaleta-----------Fernandez-------Musacchio---------Ansaldi---
    ----------------Mascherano----------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------Gago------------------------
    ---------------------------Pastore---------------------------------
    --------Messi-------------------------------------di Maria----------
    --------------------------Kun/Higuain------------------------------

cigar_city repped this.
  4. Argensoy

Argensoy New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Directv pasa el partido en ppv. $30.00.

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just paid for my PPV, time to hit the store for some beef, vino and brewskis!

6. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Do you guys know of a website that will stream the game?

7. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Man oh man , must have been a while since I posted here because this new lay out is the pits !! Anyhow Aguante Argentina , Vamos pibes !!!!!!!

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Venezuela drew against Uruguay in Montevideo. They could actually make the WC if they continue to play this way.

9. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the game just like every sporting event that isnt major league baseball can be watched free at firstrowsports.eu

10. tatoRMN

tatoRMN Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    hi all! is there any info about the probable line up?

11. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    So Gago started after all. This should be as close to the ideal lineup of most people as possible.
    Zabaletta just looked really bad on Ecuador's first real chance.

12. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ....and just like that Kun!!!!!!!!

edit: might have been offsides

13. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    KUN!!!!!!!!!

14. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Sweetly done by Kun to go up 1-0. Really nice assist from Di Maria. Kun might have been marginally offsides.

15. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Di Maria is starting to flex is passing skills. Pipita gotta put that one on goal.

16. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Perfectly timed pass for Pipita!!!!!

17. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Gol from Pipita! They're playing with confidence.

18. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi!!!!!! This is going to get ugly!!!!

19. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Now, this is more like it. The passing has been very good.

Really good play by Higuain to stay onsides and finish on his goal. Then, a good pass back to Messi for the third. No one can possibly be complaining about this Messi performance.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What have I missed? Team playing well? About to turn it on. Seems like Kun scored.

21. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ....and Pipita and Messi!

SupaMario repped this.
  22. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    On the counter we've been amazing but defensively it's still scary. A moderately better attacking opponent could cause us some problems.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn it! missed all the action. Hopefully more will come.

24. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Yup. Zaba has been real disappointing so far. I think the other defenders are playing well. Fernandez did not deserve that yellow, in my opinion.
    I gotta question the quality of the opponent, even with how good the team has looked. How was Ecuador so vulnerable to the counter, when they're playing a la Chelsea?

25. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah Zabaleta has been what I've expected of him. Fernandez was jipped a bit on that yellow but would you expect anything other than odd calls during a South American qualifier? I've long been a fan of Garay but the two of them need to play together regularly to instil some confidence. What's your thoughts on the midfield?