Argentina vs Ecuador, Eliminatorias, June 2 2012 (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by argentine soccer fan, May 29, 2012.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]vs[​IMG]

DATE: Saturday June 2, 2012
    TIME: 19:30 (Hora Argentina)
    STADIUM: Monumental (Buenos Aires)
    REF: Victor Rivera (Perú)

VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!

2. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    We might aswell start one now!

Expected line-up: Sergio Romero; Pablo Zabaleta, Federico Fernández, Ezequiel Garay y Clemente Rodríguez; Fernando Gago, Javier Mascherano y Angel Di María; Sergio Agüero, Gonzalo Higuaín y Lionel Messi.

Very offensive, but I have serious doubts about our midfield and our defense.

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LISTA DE JUGADORES

Arqueros: Sergio Romero (Sampdoria, Italia), Agustín Orion (Boca Juniors) y Mariano Andujar (Estudiantes de La Plata).
    Defensores: Hugo Campagnaro, Federico Fernández (Nápoles, Italia), Ezequiel Garay (Benfica, Portugal), Matías Rodríguez (Universidad de Chile), Marcos Rojo (Spartak de Moscú, Rusia), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City, Inglaterra), Leandro Desábato (Estudiantes) y Clemente Rodríguez (Boca).
    Volantes: Ángel Di María (Real Madrid, España), Fernando Gago (AS Roma, Italia), Pablo Guiñazú (Inter de Porto Alegre, Brasil), Javier Mascherano (Barcelona, España), Maximiliano Rodríguez (Liverpool, Inglaterra), José Sosa (Metalist Kharkiv, Ucrania) y Rodrigo Braña (Estudiantes).
    Delanteros: Sergio Agüero (Manchester City), Gonzalo Higuaín (Real Madrid), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Nápoles), Lionel Messi (Barcelona) y Eduardo Salvio (Atlético de Madrid, España).

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Shouldn't Messi be on the other side? I like it, it's okay, it could be worse. But seems like people got what they wanted with seeing the 3 headed monster up front. Got no issues with Di Maria starting, plays well for us. Gago I like, Masche back to the CMF.. The back line, the CB's are okay by me, people wanted to see Negro and Fernandez. Clemente and Zaba covering the flanks. Not bad, not bad.

If it it's going to stand like this, looks like Gago and Angelito are going to be latching out the balls to the attackers. So far so good.

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We got the same idea at the same time. :D

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Possibly. I think they will be switching positions all game. It should be a very dynamic attack.

As much as I like Clemente at Boca, I'm still not sold on him for the NT. And Zaba is decent but nothing special. My dream scenario is that Sanchez Miño and Peruzzi (the kid from Velez) can become our starting fullbacks in time for Brazil 14. Both have great potential.

8. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Probably the best starting 11 Sabella can put out with the players he has called-up. Messi, Higuain and Aguero all starting would be great.

The midfield could be a lot and I mean a lot worse, so I won't complain.

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interesting prospects with both of those names. Peruzzi was impressive vs Santos from what I read. Have not followed much of Velez, maybe our friend Cosmos can give us some info on him. I know Banfield are beyond crap right now, but what is going on with Nico Tagliafico? Wasn't there interest from European clubs for him?

I just think some of these new players that are up coming should be given a look, I hope when the local side plays they are given a look by Sabella. Zaba has experience right now but a bit slow but not many options. Down the line as you said, hopefully some of these kids are given a look. But they will need to get games from now till 2014, won't be fair for them if they are thrown to the wolves right away in Brasil.

Sabella is getting there, I am not overly worried about the CB's for the first time in a long time. Garay was very solid for Benfica this year(from what I read). Fernandez, ah, well he did well last time so lets see it again.

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It should give Messi more room to move and defenders wont put 3 defenders following him around. We have seen Tevez,Messi,Kun and I never liked that too much. Pipita needs to have his presence there. He can play with his back against a defender. Personally, I think Messi and Kun need to always be on the pitch together. That means for 90 min to all the way to 120.

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree that we should give the tridente time together. Although, if it gets late in the game, I'd like to see a fresh Lavezzi come in.

12. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agreed that Messi and Aguero have to play together and with Higuain too. Those 3 together should always be our front three. Like asf said, Lavezzi off the bench is not a bad idea. As a starter, he's not good, but he seems to do well when coming off the bench.

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Surprising that there's no Guerron and no Caicedo. The guy to watch is of course Antonio Valencia.

Probable starters:

As might be suspected, a very defensive setup seemingly designed to "aguantar y contraatacar".

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I got no real issues with Lavezzi. Even though he is a headless chicken and all. But as you pointed out, he will run at defenders hard late on games as a sub and is something that is needed. Plus Lavezzi has had probably his best year ever. So as long as he stays in form, then no issues.

15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No Sosa in the starting line-up? Am I dreaming? :eek:

16. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I've only seen Peruzzi just the once against Santos. But man, if I could ever be sold on a defender by watching one match, this might have been it. I paid attention to the 2nd half mostly, and he had Neymar in his back pocket for much of it. That said, I think Zaba should be untouchable at his position for now.
    Sanchez Mino is awesome. I'm not sure if he's a better option over Clemente at the moment, but he sure will be in two years. If there is no one else in the running, I say give the youngster the job now.

And Sosa not starting is a very nice surprise. This is it for Gago now. He needs to impress. He won't lack for offensive options. He needs to grab control of that midfield and start sorting things out.

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't get too excited yet. These are the reports from the media, but with Sabella who knows?

18. Jordanmedwin

Jordanmedwin Member

Mar 22, 2011
    NJ
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    sosa not starting according to media is very surprising....hopefully pastore, riquelme, possibly insuarralde get called up along with ocampos in the future, lamela, cirigliano, pezzella, tagliafico, andrada,

19. Jordanmedwin

Jordanmedwin Member

Mar 22, 2011
    NJ
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    and salvio called up is absurd

20. Argensoy

Argensoy New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Alguien sabe si lo pasan por Directv ?

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    as long they win it conviencingly

any good streaming site, please post it ,thx

22. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Sosa is starting according to canchallena. Sabella is pulling a Diego. A 4-1-5 formation. Poor Masch.

23. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, now they say Sosa over Gago. I'd rather have Gago.

24. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    This is madness on many levels, but not all that unexpected.

locoxriver repped this.
  25. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Playing a 4-3-3 with DiMaria as the playmaker is the only way to have our best four offensive players on the pitch at the same time (of course, not counting Tevez and Riquelme). Also, for a change, a young team...all of these guys would be under 30 at WC14 except Mascherano and Clemente.

If Rojo started on the left flank, all the players are 26 or under except Mascherano (28).