ARGENTINA vs. ECUADOR /Buenos Aires / sábado 02.06.2012 / 19.30

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, May 12, 2012.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dude, I would not trust Futbolecuador but if this IS the line up, it is going to be a looooooong night, I am ok with Banguera at goalie, this isnt his first rodeo with the NT, but Diego Calderon??? guarding the left flank??? Di Maria will end up having a field day, Saritama as an enganche? thats just giving up one player. either way, I am afraid this game will not be a pleasant one.

2. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Who knows what the line up will be or what's going to happen Saturday, but I will be cheering for our Ecuadawgs

3. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LMFAO , that was the weirdest promo video i have ever watched .

4. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Lol it started off great.... Was about to post it onto my facebook but now unsure lol.

One things for sure, creo en ti Ecuador! 3 days till game time!

5. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    just think in the 2010 WC qualifiers after 3 games played we were 0-3 with a goal difference of - 10. And now for the 2014 WC qualifiers we are 2-1 with a +3 goal difference. Since we're playing away I'm hoping for a win, tie or a very close score against Argentina, but at home a definite win against Colombia

6. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    [​IMG]
    from left to right
    (top) castillo, guagua, valencia, erazo, sombra, bone, banquera, dominguez, montero, minda, naboa, yoya
    (bot) mendez, rojas, suarez, paredes, ibara, campos, saritama, w ayovi, benitez, quinonez, achilier, calderon

7. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    What would our NT look like with a 3-5-2 vs. Argentina
    how would you have it ?

dominguez

guagua erazo sombra

castillo noboa minda
    valencia montero

yoya benitez

8. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    wow that was the cheesiest promo I've ever seen.who did the graphics a 5 year old..:ROFLMAO:

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Latest line up floating around:

Ecuador: Máximo Banguera, Frickson Erazo, Giovanni Espinoza, Jayro Campos, Gabriel Achillier, Christian Noboa, Segundo Alejandro Castillo, Walter Ayoví, Luis Antonio Valencia, Edison Méndez y Christian Benítez.

God I hope this isn't our line up. Sombra is too slow to handle the likes of Aguero and Messi. And Erazo as a RB? Chucho is too small to play as a centre forward. We need Valencia and Montero (Suarez) on the wings to provide us with speed when we counter. Jaime Ayovi should start as a lone striker, I know he is somewhat inexperienced starting big games but we have to gamble. Mendez should come off the bench and as should Chucho to give us options if the game is within reach. The defense should be Achillier, Campos, Erazo, and Ayovi.

10. EmarosaNYC

EmarosaNYC Member

Nov 1, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is our NT 86% black lol when ECUAs black population is less than 5%

mind=blown

11. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    -------------------------------------Banguera---------------------------------------
    -------------Achi---------------------Erazo----------------Campos-----------------
    Tono--------------Noboa--------------Castillo---------------Walter--------Montero
    --------------------Yoya-------------------------------Chucho-----------------------

12. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree with you, however, late Thursday night, the line up they gave at "Codigo futbol" was this one,
    ------------------------------------Banguera----------------------------------------
    Archiler-------------------Erazo------------------------Campos------------Walter
    ---------Noboa------------------------Castillo---------------------Saritama--------
    --------------Valencia------------------------------------Montero-------------------
    ---------------------------------------Benitez-----------------------------------------

I absolutely love this line up, because if it comes down to it, Noboa and Saritama can step up a nd be offensive and thats 5 players attacking Argentina, it will requore for Noboa and Saritama to do a lot of running, but if we play our cards right, its 5 people attacking and 7 people defending (at least 5 at ALL times) Valencia and Montero presionando la salida de ellos, and the best thing, Valencia, Montero and Chucho are quick, so if they 3 connect well we'll be giving Argentina a headache, all I hope is Walter can handle Messi in that flank, anyway, Saritama has got to be there to back him, up, I alomost wish the would move Noboa to the left mid, bench Saritama and allow Paredez to help on right mid, we all know Paredez has 3 lungs and can do both Defense and offense and get back on time. guys, if this is the line up, I am getting a good feeling about this game, Argentina is expecting us to be all up in our own area trying to keep the 0-0 but they might have another thing coming.

13. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Soooooooo where the heck is Montero? Ibarra? Dissapointed to see such a conservative lineup.... how are we going score?

14. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He is in the line up above you.

15. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hope Ayovi shows up,the last game I saw of him against santos laguna he was very erratic and lost some balls(no pun intended)cant do that with messi ,whos great at stealing them.Ibarra is a good option for the counter attack I've seen a couple of videos where he runs like a gazelle and scores.I want to see him in the 2 half.well I"ll be watching from one of the bars around the Roosevelt ave area in Queens.any suggestions from any posters here?

16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think he lost the ball in midfield which lead to the first gol. I think he didn't even try to get it back.

17. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Line up confirmed:

Alexander Domínguez; Gabriel Achilier, Jairo Campos, Jorge Guagua, Walter Ayoví; Luis Fernando Saritama, Segundo Alejandro Castillo, Cristhian Noboa, Luis Antonio Valencia, Jefferson Montero; Christian Benítez

Guagua starting next to Campos? lol That's two slow turds on defense. Dominguez finally gets his chance. Glad to see Montero on the left tho.

18. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I like that line up better but did Rueda NOT see Guagua play last season??? He is TERRIBLE! One of the worst defenders in Mexico last season. He sucks.

I'm also really happy to see Montero on the left side. YES!

19. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn if Rueda is going to start Dida , and Jeff..... he might be turning a new page with the NT . Oh wait he inserted Guagua in the line up too .
    But to be honest Guagua has never played HORRIBLE on the NT . Not that i can recall anyways . He has a ton of experience . Hopefully he doesnt go overboard with his physical play.

Our counter is going to be deadly, Valencia , Chocho , and Jeff getting outlets from Noboa........... and Saritama(i have a feeling hes going to have a good match for some odd reason) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dude??? Futbolecuador just posted this? :/
    La posible alineación tricolor sería: Máximo Baguera; Gabriel Achilier, Giovanny Espinoza, Frickson Erazo y Walter Ayoví; Segundo Castillo, Cristhian Noboa, Luis Saritama, Antonio Valencia y Christian Suárez; Christian Benítez.

21. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I know, I saw your lineup... I referring to the original lineup Futbolecuador announced as the official one which was posted earlier in the thread... I like the new lineup with Montero except for Guagua I think Erazo is much better.

22. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    There's no way Erazo is not starting in central defense.

23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Can't wait I'm having a bbq today. I hope every game ends in a draw.

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I had no idea about this match until I saw my sister facebook post saying she is having a party at her place tonight with Ecuas and Argies...

Won't be missing this! Anyone know who will show it in the US?

25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Brah, the internet will be showing this.