Argentina at Colombia, November 15th (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by argentine soccer fan, Nov 13, 2011.

1. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Messi and Zabaleta MOTM for me. Zabaleta should be our RB going foward. No point in trying anybody else there. He's the guy

2. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sure it is a win , but they have done shit to silence me . Argentina are no way near what they should be and are still playing like crap chamigo ...

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Argentina will enter the long break in 2nd place.

Problem? What problems? :D

4. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I'm happy for the win but Sabella has some serious explaining to do.

5. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Finally a team display worth of Argentina!

LOCAL PLAYERS NEED TO BE ON THIS TEAM!

BRANA - hey he's not the best but he held possession

DESABATO - he's garbage isn't he

CLEMENTE - Local player, must be garbage no?!?!?

I'm not saying that all the players need to be Local but they are worthy of being part of this team, and they have shown to be up to par!

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know what you mean, it was honestly watching a second team in the 2nd half. An away win right now is precious. Colombian only managed 1 point in their 2 home games. This was going to be a difficult game but whatever, lets just hope Sabella saw his mistakes from the 1st half and saw his positives in the 2nd half.

7. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    FIFA need to do something about this bottle throwing. A disgrace.

Job done but so many things need sorting out as El viejo says.We should be dominating matches from the outset as a unit. Sabella needs to wake up and pick the best players for the best positions etc etc,

Sosa redeemed himself in the second half. Fernandez and Desabato were solid enough.

I've got to sleep so I'll discourse later.

Saludos amigos.
    Vamos Argentina....:cool:

8. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, they are playing like crap but at least the FIGHT HAS RETURNED. This is important.

9. marcelo1973

marcelo1973 Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Im the pu ta mufa fellas, I didnt watch the second half and they came up ahead.....Anywhere I can watch a replay...

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    They gotta use their best players. Simple as that. Doesn't matter where they are based. Aguero spends a ridiculous amount of time on the bench when the NT is playing.

11. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I thought the local players were pretty bad to be honest. If it wasn't for Aguero and switching the formation to allow 3 attackers we would hve never won

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The fight did return, it was clear they did not hang their heads in the 2nd half. I am glad they gave it their best. When the Colombianos missed their chance to go up 2-1, I had a feeling they were going to pay for that.

I was going to turn the game off myself, and gave myself 15 minutes to see if there was improvements, and there was. Aguero was a key player. Not sure where you can watch the replay though.

13. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fernandez and Desabato did really well today. Burdisso's injury was a blessing in desguise, because there is no way he would have played better than Desabato. I was really, really impressed by Fernandez. I really was.

Messi finally exploded in the second half. That was a captain's performance. Taking on players, passing, going at every ball, not giving up. He grew in confidence once Aguero came on and after his goal, there was no stopping him.

Messi, Higuain and Aguero have to be our three starters.

Clemente and Zabaleta are our LB and RB's. No more Rojo, please.

14. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  15. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Who ever said that local players should not be used? I just want to see one quote. If anyone's been mouthing off one way or another, it's the contingent that's been crying for only local players. I think the rational and adult people on here have been saying only one thing....PICK THE BEST PLAYERS REGARDLESS OF WHERE THEY PLAY. PERIOD. It is the ones with some misguided sense of nationalism that have been regurgitating the same nonsense over and over...That European players don't play with heart or that they can't adapt to South American qualifiers and bullsh*t of the sort. Anyone with half a brain knows that's nonsense. Just have a good system in place and pick the right players. I couldn't care if they're from la B. Just pick in form players and have them on the field with some semblance of plan...instead of the disorganized chaos that's been going on. Instead of just assigning all the blame to for the dysfunction to one scapegoat...or European players as a whole. I hope people understand how stupid they sound when they claim things like that.

By the by, what happened to 3-1?

16. marcelo1973

marcelo1973 Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
  17. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    due to this whole work for a living thing, i didn't get to see much of the game beyond the final 30 minutes.

Sosa - really stepped it up ,was playing with confidence and intelligence in the last 30. He was a very adequate link to the forwarss, tracked back pretty well. I know this is very disressing to manyo on here, but the guy played well when he REALLY needed to.

DeSabato - was a rock back there fronm the moment he came in. A Rock. He busts it all over the field, he should be lauded by some of you clowns instead of perpetually criticized. He and Fernandez looked pretty good back there. Yes, i know its early...

Zabaleta - had the best game i've ever seen him have. The RB should be his by default until he loses a game.

Aguero - energizes everyone. The whole team. He nees to start from the get go.

I like the 4-4-2. I think they just play better in this old system.

Masherano - may not be technically the captain anymore, but he sure acts like it. Give him the armband back when he's on the field.

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    First 45=

[​IMG]

2nd 45=

[​IMG]

19. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Credit where its due this was a very very important win.To win in Barranquilla in that heat after being a goal down in a very hostile atmosphere is huge.
    Messi for the first time showed real leadership excellent as was Principe Sosa in the second half.I thought Braña was just what we need in the middle of the field.This is the kind of terrier we have to add to Messi,Higuain and Agüero.
    Let the impatient ones chill out Sabella needs time and he needs to find his team which will only come with mistakes.I think he is the practical one who will bring us back to glory.But he needs time.Desabato and Fernandez did well.

20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    wow, they come back from behind to win away game:eek:
    regardless how they played, its surprising to me

21. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I honestly feel bad for giving up on this team. During the second half they got their stuff together and worked as a team.

22. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    NO, it's not about the best players, its about the BEST COMBINATION of players. That's what Argentina has been missing.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Exactly, you can't just field the best players on paper and say, aright guys "run that way, and try to score some goals". The team needs to gel, it needs to find a groove. In the 2nd half, I actually saw good passing, and holding the ball, opening up Colombia.

24. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    excellent. You guys are learning from the Ivory Coast phenomenon... Having the best team on paper on a continent for over half a decade and never winning anything... If you can learn from that mistake you may be a force again on the world stage. I will say that never forget about your defenders though and retire the old men.

25. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can agree with this but I don't agree with picking the best players. I would rather prefer to say BEST COMBINATION of players.

I don't think its nonsense. It's a very valid sentiment. Unfortunately you disagree with it but I don't think that you have to call it misguided. This game reaffirms that belief.

Well considering that the local players came thru. I'm not so sure that you are right.

Messi finally showed up.

Brana held onto the ball.

Desabato fought to the last minute to keep the ball from going in.

Clemente, even with his defensive miscues, held onto the ball and pushed it forward.

This team by no means played well. EVEN in the 2nd Half.

The addition of Aguero - which I've always wanted on the team - brought more possession and fight to us. The FIGHT has returned. It showed thru in the 2nd Half. That's about it.