Are the Chicago Fire getting new jerseys?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by alty1443, Dec 25, 2013.

1. alty1443

alty1443 Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Are they going to be getting a new primary jersey this year?

2. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yes.

3. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
  4. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the only change that can/should be made is back to a "WHITE" stripe, but we are talking about Andy here. Maybe he'll have us go from Red to Navy as our primary.;)

#HauptmanOut

Old Man! repped this.
  5. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Vincent Tan should buy the club off him.:whistling:

bunge repped this.
  6. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    I was thinking the Flag on the announcement was a sign of good things to come, until I remembered it was the primary kit we were changing. I don't think I'd like a flag jersey at the expense of the red one. Also, that would be crazy.

7. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7 firefan2001, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    Maybe they will have the flag on the sleeve like the 3rd jersey. That would be crazy. Maybe in 2015 the secondary jersey will be the Chicago Flag jersey, but I don't think Andy would do that. It's got to be NAVY....

#AndyBleedsNavy
    #HauptmanOut

It would be nice if they could give us some hints, before the official announcement.

8. burningfire

burningfire Member+

May 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    New jersey ! Does it matter?

harrylee773, loonixxx and bunge repped this.
  9. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I want is a red shirt with a white stripe across the chest. End of story.

Muck around with the 2nd/3rd kit all you like. Leave the freakin' home jersey as it was!

loonixxx, firefan2001 and bunge repped this.
  10. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I seem to recall an interview with the guy at Adidas who's in charge of all the MLS jerseys describing the process whereby the design is selected. He said that sometimes he'd really be pushing for one look or design but the team would go in a different direction and then afterward, he'd peruse message boards where fans would bemoan the choice, and he'd shake his head saying to himself, "I know! I said that to them!"

I imagine that happening with our white stripe

11. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the Section 8 AGM that year before the new jersey was shown (our current home and away kit) it was let known that Andy basically had his hands all over the new designs. The entire room emitted a very loud groan.

bunge repped this.
  12. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "We bleed Navy ... since January 17, 2012."

Or, to get Orwellian about it. "We bleed Navy and always have. Red is bad, we all hate the red. We have always hated the red."

13. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Still don't get the navy hate. I think it's an excellent change strip color. Gimme that over white. White is plain and boring. I like that MLS has gotten rid of the North American sports style of having dark vs white in every game.

skinut and harrylee773 repped this.
  14. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

bunge repped this.
  15. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed- although, I'd prefer Chicago flag blue over navy for the secondary, both are better than white.

Mr. Conspiracy repped this.
  16. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I actually don't hate "the navy". It is fine for the away jersey.

I do object to the shirt (reprinted below) they were selling in 2012, early 2013.

I can see the "and red" being photoshopped out, like Kim Jung Un's uncle and we will be forced to "bleed navy". The title of the t-shirt was "Chicago Fire adidas Navy Forever T-Shirt," after all. Hence my comment about Orwell. ;)

[​IMG]

"Chicago Fire adidas Navy Forever T-Shirt

OLE! OLE! OLE! Cheer on your favorite soccer club with this stylish Chicago Fire adidas Navy Forever T-Shirt. This shirt boasts a screen printed Fire wordmark and logo so that everyone will know you are a die-hard Chicago Fire fan. Show you are a true soccer hooligan with this classy shirt.Machine washable and easy to wear Screen printed graphics Officially licensed."

I don't want us to go away from the red home jersey. That would be just plain wrong. I think that is what are people fear.

17. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Many Fire fans have no problems with the navy away kit, it sells quite well.

However, the navy stripe on the primary kit was a departure from origin and tradition that didn't seem necessary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Yeah, I don't think that's really a worry. Red is the home color. How often do teams actually change home colors in soccer? Tan did it. Then some teams that rebranded, like both Red Bull teams, SKC, probably a few others. So unless the FIRE change their name, I don't see it ever happening. And I don't see the FIRE changing their name.

19. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Problem is the league has been adidas too much power. That's not a change that should've happened, but they probably saw the dollar signs in doing something outside of the norm.

20. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Red with a white stripe is the home kit. I'm not sure why you separate them. That doesn't make sense.

21. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was, before Dollar Menu started getting involved.:(

#HauptmanOut

22. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I don't mind the second jersey being navy (my white jerseys always ended up with very visible mustard/beer/grease stains). But the white stripe on the red background, for me, is reminiscent of the greatness that used to be here. It would be a pretty easy change for Andrew to make that would resonate with the fans he has been alienating. Bring back the white stripe and bring back the quality!

23. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nope our owner thought the white stripe looked lame, he changed it not Adidas. He was very clear about that at Q&A's. The current kits are actually a demonstration of the opposite of your assertion. They can be viewed as the Fire reclaiming some say so over kit design......with mixed results ;)

xtomx and loonixxx repped this.
  24. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    #24 IU Gooner, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    Because I was only talking about the primary color of the shirt and not what's on the design.

If I was asked the color of the Bears home jersey, I'd say navy, not navy with white and orange sleeves stripes...

25. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    #25 IU Gooner, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    Hmm, interesting.

FWIW, I do think the navy looks better, but I can understand the sentimental value of the white.