Review: Are Spain the best Team ever?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by matt astill, Jul 1, 2012.

1. InTheKnow67

InTheKnow67 Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    They are brilliant for sure. Don't know about the best team ever.

2. rojadirecta

rojadirecta Member

Oct 4, 2010
    It would be a trashing fest for Spain if both teams met.

Are you telling me Brazil's level at that point could compare with today's football?

did you take your pills?

3. rojadirecta

rojadirecta Member

Oct 4, 2010
    That is ridiculous. Those players were good at their times, but as in the present, wouldn't make the first team in most of their countries.

If Ibrahimovic, C. Ronaldo, Ribery, ... went to the past... they would bench Pele.

Today's football is more demanding, more competitive, higher quality, faster, and more technical. Any old man, can tell you that.

4. rojadirecta

rojadirecta Member

Oct 4, 2010
    The world cup is not a "fair" competition by any means.
    Some of the continents should not be allowed to play.

The USA and Mexico would not qualify in Europe,
    Neither would Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Korea, or Japan....
    In South America outside of Brazil and Argentina, only Uruguay or Chile would have a fair shot to qualify in Europe.

5. rojadirecta

rojadirecta Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Yeah = two tittles!

I laugh and find it amusing that certain people believe that 1970's football compares with today's football!

Teams that play like in the 1970's wouldn't even make it, to the third regional league...no matter how good they were!

6. rojadirecta

rojadirecta Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Some people here are too stubborn or don't want to admit the obvious, due to an internal fear to give credit to the actual best team in history.

Today's football is at another level and its way too competitive!

The competitive level of today's football is what has made the present Brazil only do average, were as before, they completely dominated, thanks to the competitiveness lack of most national teams throughout the world.

It would be equal of having Barcelona play in a team full of Bolton's!

Also the skill level of 1970's football, lol, whereas productive, as comparing an Atari with The Play Station 3!

What Spain has done in this present era, is extremely tough, and to even think any of those old legendary teams would had stand a chance to do what Spain has done in today's football, is absolutely bathing on a bathtub filled with heroin needles!

7. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    It wasn't offside, bullocks.

And I say it one more time: that referee never officiated a match again and was suspected with corruption. That is why his career ended.

8. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Wins the prize for most hilarious post of the day!

USA, Mexico, Korea and Japan would qualify more often than not. So would a normal strength Nigeria and Egypt squad (not the crap team they currently have). And all the CONMEBOL countries have at least as much chance of qualifying as Sweden or Denmark (maybe save for Peru and Bolivia who are about Bosnia level teams).

This coming from a federation which regularly sends such 'powerhouses' to the World Cup like Slovenia, Ireland or Poland.

Funny given last time Nigeria played Spain they whooped their a%%es at the World Cup :)

Really dude - get your head out of your a$$ and get a clue.

9. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    UEFA have 5-6 elite teams. The rest are second or third tier sides which are no better / worse than the top American, Asian or African teams.

Why are CONMEBOL and UEFA so full of it when it comes to their own federation?

10. 621380

621380 Member

Feb 21, 2004
    germany

you are one of worst biased poster i ever have met in this forum.....what cares me that referee never again officiated a match ?? does this make the dirty and uncalled actions against anderson and dürnberger in this game irrelevant??do you have seen this match or do you babble notourious straight out of your arse if games with german teams and players are mentioned??seriously whats your problem??...its pretty clear to me now that you are a lousy cherrypicker and that cherrypicking has reached unchallenged highs........

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Why would you subtract 4 goals? Only 2 goals came against 10 men.

Plus why can dominance only be defined by scoring a lot of goals? Spain didn't concede a single goal in knockout rounds since 2006. That's 10 full matches plus 90 minutes of extra times. Sounds like dominance to me.

12. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    of course I`m right! :D

well then the poll question should read "Is Spain the best national team ever?"

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Having one full-back doubling as a winger is enough and they have Jordi Alba. Then you add Iker, Alonso and Ramos ... overall Spain is tougher to score on than Barca.

14. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Exactly, you can simply not say that one team is better than the other, based on results only. Every teams meets some luck, or lack of luck.

15. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know that polls are good for sparking debate but I think this one is very difficult to answer because we are not asking a specific enough question, or perhaps not asking it specifically enough. How do we measure the "best team ever"? Is it the best team assembled for a single tournament or a relatively shorter period (I would choose Brasil 1970)? Or are we asking which nation was the most consistently great over a longer period (I would have to choose this Spanish side of the past 4 or 5 years). To me, those are 2 very different questions.

If you ask which team I would least like Italy to face, that is simple. The answer is neither as we have now been beaten by both. For this reason, I believe that only Italians should be allowed to answer this poll.;)

16. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]
    Everything is a conspiracy....

17. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    #

HartwickFan and snahdog repped this.
  18. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Football has developed in every sense with time, I had no doubt this Spain is the best NT team.

19. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    It sure would. After all, Pele is 71.

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Quite possible. Just look at all the awful plays and stinkin' goals that took place in the "classic" Brazil v Italy match in 1982.

21. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    A BIG note that I did NOT even include WC94 team into the comparison (to Spain) just to nail down similar games played in big competition. If I include them in SPain would be way off behind.

- Brazil from 94-06 with ROnaldo had NEVER fallen off #1 for the longest time ever 9times (except the year 2000 & 2001 when he spent his time in hospital)

- Spain need to catch up with 5more years to go - :eek:

22. snahdog

snahdog Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Atlanta
    Great post. This video should be required viewing. They look so amateur at times.

23. rojadirecta

rojadirecta Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Yeah..... put down the bath salts!

Are you saying the qualifying teams the USA or Mexico, Japan or Korea face, compare in any way with European teams and their knockout rounds?

Someone spilled their brains....

24. rojadirecta

rojadirecta Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Pele would be the water boy for Spain.

25. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München