April 27th: Q&A with Andrew Hauptman

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Es Brennt, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Fire owner Andrew Hauptman will be taking questions from Chicago Fire fans in a town hall meeting at AJ Hudsons Public House.

This is a good opportunity to ask the ownership the kinds of questions that matter to you.

[​IMG]

AJ Hudson's Public House is located at 3801 n. Ashland.

At the former location of Ginger's Ale House, AJ Hudson's is all remodeled and new. It's a great looking, comfortable place with good food, and friendly service, owned by a long time supporter of soccer and the Chicago Fire.

Stick around afterward for the finest classic Reggae, Rocksteady, Roots, and Dancehall to be found in Chicago, as Section 8's very own D.Read spins the righteous original vinyl.

2. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    2012 Town Hall Meeting
    Q&A with Chicago Fire Owner Andrew Hauptman

All Chicago Fire supporters are invited to the club’s third annual Town Hall Meeting with Fire owner Andrew Hauptman at A.J. Hudson’s Public House (3801 N. Ashland) on Friday, April 27 at 7:00 p.m. Join Andrew as he answers your questions about all-things Fire in this open forum. Please RSVP by Thursday, April 26.

http://www.chicago-fire.com/news/2012/04/2012-town-hall-meeting

3. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Could someone go in my place and ask Andrew to look into getting the parking lots open longer so the community has a chance to blossom? We know they're open a lot longer for concerts so there shouldn't be any logistical issues that prohibit it.

4. Tom Dunmore

Tom Dunmore BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Hey folks, sorry for the unabashed self-promotion but following the Q&A, the dance party will be a benefit for a new North American soccer print journal I'm trying to launch, XI (www.xiquarterly.com). No cover, no requirement to donate, but if you can stick around and pledge a few bucks it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

5. Tom Dunmore

Tom Dunmore BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
  6. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Here's a question for him: would you rather spend the sponsorship money on a DP that will not sell tickets and personalized jerseys, or put that money towards the team's first-ever profitable year?

Here's a second: Why the hell did you break Tradition with those god-awful Revs jerseys?

7. too bad you won't show up to ask

8. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Why would I drive 3 hours 1-way to ask a question that I already know the answer to, and listen to BS corporate-speak answers to other questions?

9. because you're not actually a fire fan?

10. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Do you know how insane, stupid, and gullible you are making fire fans who attend this event out to be?

11. actually I think that's you doing that

12. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    That was the most asinine comment I have heard on here in some time.

13. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could someone ask him why he disliked the white hoop so much as to change it to navy?

From what I've read, this alteration was all Andrew. I think it's a slap in the face to the club. Hopefully somone can at least let him know that some of us don't like the change.

14. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't think he disliked the white, so much as he loves the blue...

I think as he looks out into the stadium and sees the sea of navy blue seats, he feels justified with the change.

15. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Okay, then ask him why he doesn't acquire better players that people will want to see so that when he looks out into the stadium, he sees a sea of people blocking his view of the navy blue seats. ;)

16. yes because the guy who sits back and takes pot shots (and has for years) then says he can't be bothered to attend because he doesn't like the answers that he makes up in his mind ahead of time obviously cares a whole lot about the club, #1 superfan all the way

17. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Dude, once again:
    1) it's 3 hours 1-way
    2) I already know the answer to my own question, and wouldn't believe what he said in response to the questions by others. It isn't enough just to answer every question that is asked by a fan, be it once a year or once a week. The answer must be straightforward and honest and believable. I don't get any sense of that from these recent confabs.

Why did he change the jersey colors?
    My answer: Because he wanted to, and he could. NEXT....

18. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The change in attendance or the change in the jersey color?

19. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    BTW, your post should have read: "Because that is what REAL Fire fans do." Basically, the way you responded to my question means that only those who drive great distances and yadda-yadda and attend this event are the FAKES.

20. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    but......You haven't been to any of them. :confused:

21. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    But I do read and listen. For *just 1* example, I refer you to the post bunge mad about the last one.

22. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What are you talking about? If you are going to refer me to something, then refer me to it.

Bunge has posted once in this entire thread. I refer you to his post:

That looks like a request to suggest something to the owner while he is having a dialog with Fire fans. Pretty good suggestion too. I doubt Bunge would ask somebody to suggest this in his absence if he thought there was no value to be had in talking to the owner.

I would suggest to anybody* who wants to ask Hauptman some hard questions, or has a question or suggestion that is important to them, that they come out to this to participate and engage with other Fire fans and the current owner of this Club. It's way more effective than internet complaining.

*Well, anybody but you Loco, considering your condition. Chicago is a big busy city, it could be dangerous for you.

23. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The change in the jersey color.

I think he likes the blue best.

24. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    He should have bought the Cubs instead. :D

25. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Why, when he can buy their fan base instead and turn Texas Park into Weegman Park -oops- Wrigley Field South for not just less money, but a price he can actually afford.
    Or he could have stayed local and bought the Dodgers (again, if he even has that kind of money or access to it), since he is or at least was a half-season ticket holder.
    edit: must spread rep
    A previous Q+A. Which means a previous thread.

edit: I am not discouraging anyone else to not go. I'm simply saying don't go and expect to hear the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth at these things. He's not Wilt. But wth, I can promote attendance. I'll even save EB the trouble of posting his time-tested method of attracting his preferred type of sports fan to an event: