Anyone ever play Footgolf

Discussion in 'Player' started by SoccFan35, Feb 26, 2014.

1. SoccFan35

SoccFan35 Member

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago
  2. airbornerocks

airbornerocks Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They look to have had a fun time, but no this is the first time I've ever heard of it.

3. John Ryding

John Ryding New Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Massachusetts
    That looks awesome and simpler to get into vs. maintaing a collection of golf clubs.

4. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We used to do something like it for fun when I was training little kids. Our old practice field was in Marine park in Brooklyn. On the weekend practice before the season started was fun practice and skill work. we would start practice at 8 am. The main field in marine park went from ave U to Fillmore ave. You had ave U, ave T, ave S and Fillmore.

I would take a Garbage can and move it about 40 yards before you hit Fillmore ave.

Then we played soccer golf. We do instep drives to move down the field. Then as we got close we do chips and glider and try to hit the can. Hit it you got it in the hole. You can also make a long push pass to hit it. Tried to chip it or use the glider a 14 15 yard chip because you got no roll because of the height of the Pass and you always had the possibility of putting the ball in the can.
    -----

Then we go to the basket ball court and player soccer basket all. Keep passing and moving to each other until we could lift the ball up or head the ball into the rim to score a goal.

Then move to the tennis courts and play soccer tennis and we could even go to the hand ball wall and practice all kinds of thinks like volleys for example.

5. SoccFan35

SoccFan35 Member

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago
    Yea I've done stuff like that with the garbage can, think it would be fun to do now that I'm older and can't play proper soccer games without dying.

6. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Golf is easy you can walk and do that no? Same is true with playing a ball off a hand ball wall. Juggling will help get you into shape.

When you start playing in games start thinking about your off the ball positioning. Keep your mind on your off ball positioning. It will get your mind off your running and you will be tired less.

Also when and if your team starts winning game you will get tired a lot less then if you are losing game. The mind is an interesting thing how it works.

HouseHead78 and SoccFan35 repped this.
  7. a4anthony

a4anthony Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Greer
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The link is not opening for me on my phone so I dont know if this is in there, but there is a video of Higuain, Coentrao, Ozil and Varane all playing. Just youtube "Real Madrid Golf". Looks very fun.

8. SoccFan35

SoccFan35 Member

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago
    I'll definitely try all of those. Usually stuck on teams that are not so geat so I'll blame my poor form on that ;)

9. LifeHacks

LifeHacks Red Card

Mar 10, 2014
    Club:
    NEC
    I'm good at this

10. santi1196

santi1196 New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    such a great sport...