Any news out of MISL owners meetings?

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by JonKurozawa, Mar 26, 2014.

1. JonKurozawa

JonKurozawa New Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Has anyone heard if there is news out of the reported MISL owners meeting in Tampa?
    Did it actually happen?

2. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    uhhhhh

why would they be meeting in Tampa again?

3. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    There really aren't any owners left to have a meeting.

4. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    slide-019-728.jpg
    The owner of the Wave and Comets/Roar I think would want to meet with the USL since they paid the 250K franchise fee I would think they are entitled to some type of refund .

5. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    if the misl refunds black her fee, her debts just went bye bye and shes in the clear, money wise i think. i think she owes about 150k, give or take.

6. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well she bought a franchise under the terms there would be a league in 2014-2015 and 2015-16 I would think since the league ceased operations then the USL is in breach of contract . They should refund some portion of her money .

7. DallasHammster

Jun 18, 2007
    DALLAS!!!
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    News will be reported when there is something to report. PASL has meetings in late May. In Baltimore.

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do not know that Black paid the 25ok franchise fee, though you keep saying that she did. The franchise WAS ALREADY IN THE LEAGUE.

A franchise fee is paid at the beginning when a team joins the league (and both the Wave and Comets existed prior to USL purchasing the MISL, so you don't know what deal was struck with existing franchises).

Participation fee? Yeah, maybe.

Just please, please, please, stop. There is stuff you don't know about, concepts that are way over your pay grade, things you continually assert despite a lack of evidence and assumptions you make based on a faulty world view.

Stop. Just stop.

9. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kenn have you ever had anything positive to say about indoor soccer or any one on the boards ?

I know what I was told and who told me I tend to believe them since the do own a MISL TEAM . The franchise was in the league , But she is a ( new franchise owner ) and has to pay her own fees ,And hat is why she had to sign NEW a 3 year deal . and I am hearing that the fee was $125,000 to renew the franchise. This is what ED Hale and Soccer Sam Tommy Tanner and the owner of the Comets was asked to pay this year to renew its contract . You may not think I know what I am talking about but I know a hell of a lot more then you think I do ..

10. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    So lets say she gets the 125K and the line of credit back. that's say 150-170K, enough to pay off her debts and get the wave on stable footing. since the renewal was for 3 years and the league has folded after 1 year.

11. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Refund? Money transactions between a club and league usually flow one way, and it ain't toward the club. Realistically, has this league (USL/MISL) ever given a refund? More specifically, has a failing league ever given a refund to a failing club?

12. FutsalFan

FutsalFan Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What makes any of you think that Milliken will even want Sue Black in the PASL? In her first year as an owner, she's done nothing to stabilize her financial situation. And from what I have heard, she fired all of her staff, and isn't all that well liked by anyone. Doesn't seem like the kind of owner a 'new' league would want, does it? Milliken said he wants to go from 20-24 teams. I would think Baltimore, Syracuse, Rochester, and KC would have dibs on those 4 new slots. Then again, there could be a new league created from the MISL teams, and several of the larger PASL teams. That to me would make the most sense. To establish a consistent level of play.

13. FutsalFan

FutsalFan Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to agree. Because I think there are still Chicago Riot and Soul players that are owed money. If the USL was in the business of returning money, these players would have been paid.

14. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Because Milwaukee has consistently been one of the strongest indoor soccer franchises in the last 15-20 years. They draw pretty well, and win consistently. Sue black is probably in over her head, and if I had to guess i'd say she'll sell the team to someone with deeper pockets, who would be able to absorb the teams losses better. the wave are not going to fold, in my view. they will be in the pasl, along with Baltimore and the others next year.

15. FutsalFan

FutsalFan Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sell it to WHO??? From what I understand, Krause basically gave the team to Lindenberg. in turn, Lindenberg basically gave the team to Black. Both Krause and Lindenberg cleaned up most of the debt before changing hands. Which means Black got the team at almost a zero debt ratio. Where do you think her current debt is going to go? That debt belongs to both Black AND the Wave. So any smart business man is not going to buy a team that has never turned a profit, and acquire hundreds of thousands of dollars of existing debt. Come on, wake up! Selling a team to a person who has no money, but plenty of dreams and ideas, was the kiss of death. This team is done.

16. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I disagree. As Kenn could tell you, indoor soccer teams don't make a profit, in fact I don't recall any team in the last 10 years turning one. part of the purchase of the team, is assuming its current obligations, ie its debt. black has not done a good job on that front, but there is enough support in Milwaukee that the team will survive.

17. FutsalFan

FutsalFan Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nick, are you 12? WAKE... UP.... The Save the Wave drive surfaced Lindenberg, but only because he just came into a large sum of money, and his kid said hey dad, buy the team. from what I've heard, he 'bought' the team for quite possibly a dollar. And even more, Kraus cleared the debt on his way out. Lindenberg pretty much did the same thing. Do you honestly think that someone will 'buy' the Wave under it's current situation? An owner with no money and high debt ratio. and a team that doesn't turn a profit. WHERE IS THE UP SIDE NICK?!?! Continue to live in your fantasy world. I work in mergers and acquisitions for a living. I travel the world. I've been a corporate hatchet man. I have seen this before in the corporate world. The outcome is never good. There won't be a knight in shining armour. There won't be David Hasselhoff throwing a life preserver. Someone just needs to get out their shovel and start digging this grave.

18. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    #18 NickWISoccer, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    Well for starters Futsal I am not 12, and given the number of years I have followed indoor soccer, there's always someone willing to step up to buy a floundering team, thinking he can be the guy to turn it around. The Wave have been around for 30 years despite probably losing money each year. The Wave probably have the highest payroll in the misl, including whatever they pay Tozer. I work for ESPN Milwaukee and we have contacts with the Wave, Coach Tozer has a radio program with us. from what I have been told, the Wave will probably be around next year, with a reduced payroll in order to cut costs. Now I could be wrong, and the team could fold. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.

19. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no doubt about it: the Wave are definately in a tight place right now. Assuming Sue Black wants to sell the club, or even take on additional investors, it is not a very attractive investment at this point. It is a club in debt and without a league, and it basically has a lien on it. My guess is that no one will do anything until the other MISL clubs officially decide what they will do (join the PASL, create a new league, or even fold). It's ironinc, but I think the Wave's immediate future is attached to the other MISL clubs.

That said, indoor clubs have always lost cash but people still buy into them. Also, if Baltimore and Rochester decide to form a new league, they might just think they need Milwaukee to help make it a success, so they may help Sue Black find a way out of this problem. If the MISL clubs join the PASL, then I think the Wave are done, but a new Milwaukee club will rise from the ashes to join the PASL for 2015-16. In any event, if there would be ANY club that could survive this type of situation, it would be the Wave.

20. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Baltimore Blast has turned a profit and they have been doing so its not a lot but it is something I am sure over that last few years they have started loosing money again because of ticket sales were down this year

NickWISoccer repped this.
  21. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    So Baltimore has turned a profit? Thanks card for the correction. I'm pretty sure though that Baltimore is in pretty select company in terms of turning a profit.

22. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say they are , Its been reported that they make less them 100K a year but still that is not bad when most teams are loosing money .

23. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I can tell you I got a email from Mark Linton about his new email address , Not sure if that means anything or not but it was not a wave email address that is for sure .

24. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can they survive with the amount of Debt they have and No money to pay that debt down .

25. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Perhaps a new owner or investor?!!? Seems a bit obvious.