Antonio Valencia - Part 2, Man. United

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Nov 9, 2010.

1. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If I were Valencia,I"d be looking for a new team,most of man u fans have lost their patience with him, even if it's not all his fault that the team is playing crappy.

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    2-0. WOW. Moyes will be lucky if he survives the year. I know people expected a rough-ish transition, but this is quickly turning into a papelon.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  3. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I think it's a combination of Valencia and Manchester United playing poorly. The team as a whole lacks players in key positions, and Moyes can't do magic like Ferguson used to and make the team play better than its parts.

At the same time, Valencia is not showing himself to be a leader like he does for Ecuador and try to make anything happen. He mostly plays the ball backwards and usually back to the guy that passed it to him. He never takes players on or tries passes that have a less than 95% chance of success. This is not acceptable and I'm not surprised the fans are getting on his back. He better not pull that crap for Ecuador because nobody should have their spot guaranteed - luckily he knows how important he is for us and usually plays his heart out.

4. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I cut him some slack because he plays his heart out when he puts on the NT jersey. The game versus Colombia in Baranquilla showed what he is about when he wants to play. This Manchester United season is dreadful and there really isn't a point in missing out on the WC (due to injury) for a lost cause. Seems like they are gonna start from scratch at Manchester United next season but as long as he brings it to Brazil, there will always be offers for him.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you better hope they don't get through the round of 16. They pass to Quarter finals and you'll see the nice culeada they'll get lmao. If anything, they're lucky to have gotten this far. And yes, If I were Valencia i'd worry about having a good WC to impress another team and get out of there. They plan on spending around $250 million for next season (assuming they make the CL...if that's even possible at this point since they're doing so bad) so you can already imagine how lots of players now will either be on their way out or marginalized. Finish up this season Antonio, then be out!!

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    when a team plays the ball mostly in their territory like Manchester did yesterday and the lines are all backed up and crammed in their own area (showing your only there to defend), there's no blame on the wingers or forwards for sh*t. That just made it easier for Olympiakos to make it extremely difficult for Manchester to get through them in anyway. You saw how Manchester was losing possession in their own field and how backed up they were when they had the ball. They looked like they had no idea or no intentions on moving the defensive line up. Like I said, not even Liga with 4 kids under 18 yrs of age plays that stupid defensively. And MU is supposed to be an elite team...o_O

7. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Even with a good WC, he's gonna be 29 years old next season and given his last 2 seasons have been poor, he will not get sold to a top team. His Champions League career probably ended last night because he might not get picked for the return match, and United may not win.

Most likely he will end up like Berbatov and end up on a midtable EPL side where he can bring his experience and have a couple more years in England.

I'm just kind of disappointed that we've probably seen the last of his glory days at Manchester. But who knows, Moyes and SAF both seem to like him so he could be given another season.

BTW I watched the game yesterday at Legends Bar in NYC and SAF was there, he walked right by me to go to the VIP section. Pretty cool!

8. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    him being in a mid level team wouldn't be that bad the amount off playing time he would get is most important that and him being the leader of a decent team will sure bring back his top game i remember everton wanted him last season that wouldn't be a bad move

9. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Ouch! I don't see how he's gonna keep playing with one eye, he's looking like Lucas Matthysse lol

10. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol about the eye, he looks hella funny. Anyways... what is wrong with Valencia? He is playing like shit! Loses the ball fast... can't even make a nice pass... can't control the ball at all... even Rooney is making better passes at the right wing than Valencia has... no wonder he doesn't start.

11. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    He's playing ok even with one eye lol and I only saw him lose control once! He's needed in the starting lineup, mata and januzaj haven't provided nothing on the right side

12. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn what a game! Yeah Valencia seems to be improving as the game goes... he was playing bad at first...

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Valencia out but he did play a hell of a game. Improved a lot as the game got going. He took a bad beating thoughout game. Putting his body in danger every single time. Glad too see him stating again.

14. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #864 viagoal, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    He did play a hell of a game, but he should take care of that eye right away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #865 viagoal, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Kr0nika R0ja

Kr0nika R0ja Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big Apple
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think he looks like Apollo Creed in Rocky 2 after they beat the Crap out of Eachother xD

Primitive Ways repped this.
  17. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Wayne Rooney compliments Antonio Valencia's pace. :thumbsup:

18. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  19. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    My heart dropped with that scary slide by Valencia! Score still tied... Great game so far!!!!
    Bayern Munich 1 Manchester United 1
    ( 2-2 aggregate)

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So sad Man U lost =( but Valencia HAS to be Man U's best man of the match! Man U's goal was Valencia's assist. Valencia was a constant danger and defended impeccably. NO GOALS FROM HIS SIDE! Or even close to it! Valencia was badass!

21. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    AV25 had an awesome game! Valencia played great defense and was the biggest threat on the right side for Manchester United. I'm just glad he didn't get hurt on that slide... phew!!

22. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    I wish Antonio Valencia could play in Spain. He would be great fit in a team like Atletic Madrid.

23. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bye bye Moyes! Finally this dude is out. Glad Man U didn't hesitate. Hopefully the next coach is good for Valencia.

24. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The next manager at United will be doing some serious clean-up. I have a feeling Valencia will be gone.