Antonio Valencia - Part 2, Man. United

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    What's the highest bid? :)

2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I so want that haha... although I'll wait till it has the #7 and his skin a bit darker lol... that action figure is practically white hahaha.

3. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
  4. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Van Persie going to Manchester United :O, what position does he play again?

5. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    at half time: two assists for Valencia in the game vs. Chile ... Ecuador 2 Chile 0
    Mina and JAyovi scored the goals

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    United bought a player from Vitesse. I'm wondering if they've seen Ibarra play.

7. EyesOnBall

EyesOnBall Member

Jun 14, 2004
    From ManUnited website: Sir Alex reveals Valencia’s injury isn’t serious and Chris Smalling should return after the international break http://bit.ly/Q7xhUr - Check out all the latest team news from the boss ahead of tomorrow’s match.

Has ankle injury, may not play against the Spurs.

8. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yea I'm watching the Man U game right now and Valencia is not plating because of his ankle. And let me say this they suck balls without my boy AV27 in there.

9. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Will he be good to go for the Venezuela match? That's my concern!

10. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    So I would say AV7 is officially off-form. He hasn't played to his capabilities since the end of last season, which is about 5 months ago. Not going to get too worried, but he needs to start picking it up soon or else SAF won't be able to stick with him for 90 minutes much longer.

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I heard he had a good game against Chelsea

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He did. The commentator also said he believes AV should be getting more minutes.

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    SkySports gave him MOTM but that was very generous. He had a fantastic assist for RvP's goal. Typical AV7 assist, drilled cross on the ground that RvP pounced on.

But we all know how AV7 plays when he's on form. He's clearly not playing with the confidence and creativity we know he can bring. When he's like this, he gets very indecisive, passes back a lot, and doesn't take on the defenders. That's how he's been playing past few weeks. Then at the end he was clear on goal 1-on-1 with the keeper and he blew the shot about 15 yards wide with almost no pressure.

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he's had some good games this season and started just about every match besides the 2 or 3 he missed before the past Qualifier date b/c he was injured. He had a good game against Chelsea, especially the first 30 minutes or so. But when Chelsea started dominating there wasn't much he could do b/c Chelsea had Manchester suffering in defense. I don't think there's much to worry about. Valencia responds well enough on the field to not spark up any concerns about him losing his spot. He has these little moments every season. And honestly, no offense but who's his direct competitor? Nani? lol not a thing to worry about.

15. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  16. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Valencia is a class player
    !

17. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Valencia is losing it! His season has not started, no goals, 2 assists, and he rarely finishes a game now. When Nani and Kagawa come back and hit form, I say Valencia is in some trouble. Not to mention, he is so quiet for Ecuador too.

18. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree! He hasn't played well at all. I think the #7 is too big for him and his injuries are starting to catch up. I think he should have tested a lot longer. He came back way too fast.

ecuafutbolfreak repped this.
  19. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Maybe he is feeling the pressure cuz he is always getting hurt and wants to show his worth but seriously Nani and Kagawa are nearing fitness so he will have even more competition.

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Yeah he's been useless this season. Very surprising given his performance last season. Something's obviously wrong, maybe injuries or maybe confidence, but he is losing the great reputation he's earned over the past 2 years because he's never been this bad this long.

21. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    He's been injured for a while now something with his back! He wasn't suppose to come back when he did, but since it was against City .. He rushed it! Nani is on the market and looks like he's on his way out in January. United are looking to replace Nani with another winger! And as for Kagawa he gets used as CAM (central), I haven't seen him on the wings(and he's been out since the beginning of the the season which is his first) ... Young just started playing well, after being out of form for a while!!! AV needs to take some time off to heal....honestly a number isn't going to affect his physical play at all.. maybe mentally and that's not the issue! He's playing hurt

22. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How was he today? Seems he is still not finding his best form.

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did a reckless tackle and should have seen a 2nd yellow.

24. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think he played much better but still made so many mistakes. He doesn't strike to goal when he should and he doesn't pass when he should. I think that ManU's right back situation is terrible. First it was Rafael and that was working fine, but now it has been like 3 different players. Today he literally had to work as a right back and wing by himself because Smalling sucked ass.

Also that tackle was really really bad. I don't think he did it intentionally, but he had to defend so much the right side. He kept sliding left and right cause if be didn't it would leave it wide open. He seriously needs help there because be can't do it all by himself. He gets double teamed the whole game because there is hardly anyone with him. When there is he connects with beautiful passed and creates great opportunities for goals.

Even still, he works his butt off for 90+ minutes defending and attacking. Once he gets a better player on the right back, like Paredes in the NT, Valencia would be more free to attack and create plays.

25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What an emotionally taxing game!!!! Newcastle threw it all on the line today and played a huge game, but also Manchester United created some really costly mistakes. The crazy thing is that the defense has been so suspect all season long, and that has really affected Valencia who clearly is struggling with a nagging injury and has been defending a lot more than ever. Nonetheless, today's performance was decent...barring that crazy tackle at the end of the game. Great come from behind win for United though.