Anthem

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Clenbuterol, May 27, 2012.

1. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia

I liked Marvin Gaye. He sang it how he thought it should be done. Listening to his version, I actually want to hear the other three verses. Also, I'm not sure there are any other versions you might want to dance, clap or make a baby to. While that opened the door for interpreting the anthem, people have gotten in trouble and failed trying to match Super Bowl XXV.

I understand she couldn't hear herself, but there's no excuse for how off she was. At this point we need to know more her website that was taken down and the pictures of her in bikinis. How old was she in those photos and is her dad like Joe Simpson?

Regardless, she doesn't have a great voice and she's not quite capable of singing the National Anthem. It's out of her range.

dwsmith1972 repped this.
  2. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here at Washington State, she's one of the Crimson Girls (competitive dance team member, doubles as sideline eye candy). Good soprano, zero embellishment. Practice matters.

And at least he could hit the high notes most excellently just before it! (I think he sped up the tempo too much in the finals to cover up the break)

3. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This chick in Jacksonville should've taken a page from Whitney's performance, prerecorded a flawless version, and sung a long to that.

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
  6. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    At an institution the size of Washington State, there isn't just "she"; there are hundreds of students capable of singing the national anthem better than the Jacksonville performance.

7. dwsmith1972

dwsmith1972 BigSoccer Supporter

May 11, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Long before Marvin Gaye [whose version I love], Jose Feliciano did this in 68

Personally, I think and hope that because our country has such a richly diverse history and population, that a little interpretative flexibility with the anthem is a good thing. That said, the young lady and the bagpipes were wanting. I do feel bad for her, however. Though her struggling so badly got us off the hook for the poor bagpipery.....

8. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why hasn't anyone included her comment? She's nothing special professionally, but she had delay issues, I don't see how anyone can say the bagpipes were any good possibly for the same reasons from what I remember.

9. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the match. The bagpipes were tough competition for her . . .

10. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Her hair looked worse...

11. xsosx

xsosx Member

May 27, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    So some random Canadian nailed the Star Spangled Banner and then sang O Canada.

Maybe next time the folks in Jacksonville can invite him down.

jackiesdad repped this.