Announcement for ATL MLS coming April 16th!

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by ArsenalACE, Apr 6, 2014.

1. ATLNewsDog01

ATLNewsDog01 Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Winder, GA
    If they talk for 45 minutes (commercials gotta happen), I'm saying Falcons for 44:45. I stopped listening to the station because they would talk about Real Housewives before they would talk about soccer. They seemingly had to be egged into it during the World Cup. I get that the Braves are the thing in the summer, but does anybody really want to listen to three hours of talk about baseball? It's hard enough to watch three hours of baseball.

Lucho305 repped this.
  2. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So with the red seats, I guess the team colors will be red and black?

3. 4four4

4four4 Member+

Nov 13, 2013
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    Funny that's why I don't listen to KFAN100.3 and ESPN1500 as much anymore. I come to Big Soccer to get my fix.

4. 4four4

4four4 Member+

Nov 13, 2013
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    Nope, pink.

5. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, someone may do pink sometime, you never know, lol

4four4 repped this.
  6. Holla at ya boy

May 15, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we could be the Palermo or Fiorentina of the MLS and use Pink or Purple? Well I guess Orlando has Purple now. I hope we become a strongly unique team in the sense of colors, logo, name, playing style, etc. The stadium looks good. Really I just hope people go. I think they will, but I am also extremely nervous people won't.

7. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember, they're sharing the stadium with the Falcons. Of course, if they adopt anything from the Silverbacks (you never know, Arthur Blank may buy them in the end), it would be likely.

8. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS to Atlanta
    Atlanta confirmed as Major League Soccer’s next expansion market
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...jor-League-Soccers-next-expansion-market.html

Atlanta to get MLS expansion team
    http://fansided.com/2014/04/06/atlanta-get-mls-expansion-team/

Atlanta likely selected to get new MLS expansion team
    http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/2014/04/07/atlanta-likely-selected-to-get-new-mls-expansion-team

Reports: Atlanta to be announced as latest MLS expansion city
    http://www.soccerbyives.net/2014/04/atlanta-announced-expansion.html

Report: Atlanta to get next Major League Soccer team
    http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-atlanta-to-get-next-major-league-soccer.html

Report: Major League Soccer coming to Atlanta
    http://www.atlantaintownpaper.com/2014/04/report-major-league-soccer-coming-atlanta/

9. MPoole

MPoole Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At 11 am it will probably be Brian Finneran (ex Falcons wide receiver), Sandra Golden, and Steak Shapiro (long time Atlanta sports talk radio hosts), and based on the reports saying that the official announcement will be on the 16 th, I doubt that he will give us very much other than a few well placed hints. The Flacons have a long history of not giving the media anything to grab hold of. The history of them as an expansion candidate has been a perfect example of that. Almost all of the news has come from Garber, not the Falcons. At least it's Blank and not Rich McKay or Thomas Demitrov, the two of them are like squeezing blood from a turnip. I will still be listening though.

10. ArsenalACE

ArsenalACE Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Rome, GA

I don't think it is too far off to think Miami might be or use pink.

11. MPoole

MPoole Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it's overplayed in Atlanta, but I don't mind red and black as long as it is red with black accents. I would like to see something like what Portland has done with their socks this year. Have it almost solid red but with thin black hoops.

12. ArsenalACE

ArsenalACE Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Rome, GA
    I was working on a mock up after seeing the terribly boring Silverbacks kits for this year.

[​IMG]

13. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I love them!

14. sawillis

sawillis Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Smyrna, TN
    For an Atlanta team I have always imagined the AC Milan look at home and Juventus on the road.

15. m_vandersee

m_vandersee Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks very Germany WC2014-esque, which will be one of the coolest looking jerseys for this summer IMO
    [​IMG]

16. ATLNewsDog01

ATLNewsDog01 Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Winder, GA
    When I actually listened to radio, I would try to pick up the Athens-area station. It wasn't a smorgasbord of sports, but they talked about UGA and Atlanta stuff and didn't go off on reality TV tangents. That's basically all I can ask. Well, that and no golf. You cannot talk golf without being boring.

17. ArsenalACE

ArsenalACE Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Rome, GA
    Totally. When I saw the New German kits I thought they would be perfect, since the Silverbacks have been wearing red and black hoops.

18. 4four4

4four4 Member+

Nov 13, 2013
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    KFAN has a weekly two hour golf show on SaturdAY mornings. I don't listen.

19. ATLNewsDog01

ATLNewsDog01 Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Winder, GA
    That's about where it belongs, right next to fishing shows. That's when avid golfers and fishers will be about and listening. But man, it just isn't me. I like soccer because you've got 2 hours to get to the point. The NFL is pretty good about keeping games at 3 hours, and the college games have sped up as much as they can with people throwing 8,000 times per possession. Baseball riles me with its varied times, and NASCAR races could really condense themselves. Daytona is fine at 500 miles, but do we really need middle of the road races to go 400 miles? Shrink most of them by 100 miles and drop the size of the fuel tanks. Get it over in 2.5 hours.

Don't be worried about me. Be worried about the kids younger than me who buy UGA season tickets and literally don't go because they can't get good service on their smartphones. Seriously, that's a thing.

20. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was bored...

Attached Files:

Auriaprottu, GaSouthern and Lucho305 repped this.
  21. Atomic Fury

Atomic Fury BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 30, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations Atlanta fans. Good luck with your new franchise. I don't know enough about the region to get into kit design but I'd like to add a name suggestion to the many good ones already submitted.

I know it's a stretch but I think Atlantis FC sounds really cool. It's just a variation of the city name more than anything to do with the mythical island.

22. ppn512

ppn512 New Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  23. MLSFan10

MLSFan10 Member

Mar 23, 2014
    It might not be a runaway success but I really am excited about this club.

[​IMG]

It likely won't be Seattle 2.0 but I really think it might surprise some people.

24. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we can do really well. A lot of young professionals who are into soccer live here. THe beltline is building more and more soccer fields around atlanta and we already have suburbs where many kids play the sport.

The stadium is in a central location, marta accessible, and has a plan to be set up exclusively for MLS games.

it is a shared stadium with an NFL team BUT it is not being made for JUST an NFL team like gillette. it is being made with an MLS team in mind and a set up for an MLS team.

excellent.

Eleven Bravo repped this.