Andy Carroll

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by dcc134, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And Cisse goes on and shows Newcastle exactly what they're not missing with another brace today against the Swans.
    If I'm speaking as a non-partisan player and both 'pool and 'castle are after me this summer, I know which I'd choose...

2. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool. Newcastle is set and only likely to go down.

3. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Mrs. Carroll, I completely agree. Little Andy is a wonderful boy.

1 person likes this.
  4. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a good thing? I'm lost. :confused:

5. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andy Carroll
    [​IMG]

Carthorse
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent point made re: Carroll on The Anfield Wrap today. Put simply: We only have ourselves to blame for how he hasn't worked out. There is no rhyme or reason to how we have played him (or haven't, really) this season. He gets a short run of games where in the last his confidence and performance are to where you think it's going to hit its peak and we'll see quite possibly an 8/10 game from him and yet he gets benched, essentially destroying what confidence he has built.

7. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ^^^ If there is any criticism of Dalglish, it's the lack of a settled side, no rhyme and reason to why players on form are dropped or those not on form persisted with, and a coherent style when we attack. I do recall, however, Hyypiä's saying it took them about 7 months before they fully grasped how Benitez wanted them tp play. It could be the same with this disparate group ...

8. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    I think he would be a good signing for Stoke

9. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the difference is Dalglish wants his players to think for themselves a bit more and without direction, they've looked lost at times.

As for Clarke, I think we can put to bed the myth that he had much to do with Chelsea's resurgence other than implementing Mourinho's philosophy on the training pitch.

10. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You may be right because he does stand there on the touchline looking perplexed that they can't pass and move, or simply move with or without the ball.

11. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You nailed it on the head. Rafa recruited and signed players who were good at taking direction, Kenny is looking for players able to create and read the game. He needs a different kind of player than most of the team's composition right now (I'm not thinking skill - I'm talking about approach, mentality towards the game).

Suarez is a good example of the ideal creative player for Kenny's system - but Carroll is a horrible partner to him because he needs far more direction and just doesn't think at the same pace.

Exactly - Clarke was an implementer, Mourinho was the strategist and leader. Clarke would have done better assisting Rafa (a similar "command and control" manager style to Mourinho) than Kenny's more collaborative approach.

12. Italiaman

Italiaman Member

Jun 14, 2008
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I guess he is, jerk!

13. Italiaman

Italiaman Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Dudes... where are all the AC haters today? hmmm?
    No apologies about his lack of heart, etc?

14. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast

Just in case you missed it or you read as good as you spell, this is from your childish match quote.

Why did you come and post in here?

You have nothing to say about the match or the posts that says how well Carroll was playing with only one comment when he missed a header from 3 yards that said "Just not happening for Carroll."

You post stupid, childish, sneering comments. Get called on it and suddenly you're weeping and crying about the bullies we have here. Either grow up or ******** off. Your choice.

I actually felt sorry for you at one time, now I see it's just a way of life for you. Must have been fun at school for you. Last year!

15. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was nice to see him earn a paycheck for once.

16. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seconded. I too felt sorry for you once. Not at all now.

17. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really glad AC had a great match. That's what one expects for someone that set the club back 35 million--consistent performances and playing with heart rather than whinging, lackluster stuff.

I hope he comes good, it can only help the team I love, and I'll scream at the screen if he plays like he'd rather be doing something else.

18. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He certainly showed a lot of skill in blindly throwing himself at two headers inside the 6-yard box and missing one of them.

19. Italiaman

Italiaman Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Actually 26 you're the biggest jerk here, and everone knows it. If certain mods weren't your buds you would be banned long ago. You have an over-inflated opinion of yourself, and you quite often post irrelevant posts, and then blame others for doing the same thing. Hypocrite. You, are the biggest baby on here. Go to hell. It's good when me and others stand up to your childish shite. A mod told me that you are quite a p****. If anyone stays here for any length of time they know 26 - the complete 'jerk'.

By the way - back to football -

Carroll was involved in all 3 goals:
    (From the Independent).

They really needed to start well. For 12 minutes or so they looked as though they had, only for Liverpool to strike with a classic counter-attack.
    Andy Carroll began things with a neat piece of defending in his own penalty area but it was the first-time ball upfield from central defender Martin Skrtel that cut Blackburn open, and Craig Bellamy only had to touch the ball twice before crossing low for Rodriguez to score at the far post.
    It really was a splendid goal and worse was to come for Blackburn two minutes later. This time their defence was to blame as centre-halves Grant Hanley and Scott Dann allowed Jonjo Shelvey to carry the ball 30 yards unchallenged to the edge of the area.

Shelvey’s low shot was not terribly powerful but Paul Robinson could only parry it, and when Carroll’s follow-up was blocked, Rodriguez volleyed in his second goal of the night with his left instep.

And then of course, the winner!

20. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carroll may have been "involved" in the second goal, but he didn't do anything special. he should have been in the box and he was. that's about the size of it.

as far as the winner was concerned, a veddy nice piece of football.

21. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh, stop. please, no. my feelings are irreparably scarred.

22. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    26 is a jerk, but he's earned it. When he calls me out, I don't get sore about it. I take a moment to see it from his perspective, measure it against my own, and then decide from there. Knows what he's talking about, and that's what matters.

23. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I go through the same process, but in the end I decide he's still full of shit:D

24. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Should I lock this thread before 'he' comes back? :D

25. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's praise Carroll's performance first. His attitude, effort, and results have been greatly improved in the last couple of games.