Andy Carroll

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by dcc134, Mar 23, 2012.

1. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    get rid of him ASAP. He isn't good enough for the team to play to only his strengths. And like some have said, he doesn't seem to have that hunger to prove all us naysayers wrong a la Lucas. The big man/little man thing Kenny wanted has been a complete bust.

What we need is a striker that can play one touch football with Suarez as the SS and can be efficient in the box.

2. demolitionlover

Jan 29, 2007
    Butte
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you read the thread up until now, about how we win when he plays and lose when he doesn't?

3. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think maybe the idea is: try something else...

4. demolitionlover

Jan 29, 2007
    Butte
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No seriously, it came off petulantly but I was honestly wondering.

5. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sell him for a bag of balls.

Anything is better than wasting more of the club's time.

[​IMG]

6. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    should have been straight red.

7. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, throwing yourself on the ground playing for a penalty when there is nothing between the goal and yourself but green grass ..... well, I don't even have words for that yesterday.

8. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    been hanging out with suarez too much.

true though, issuing a straight red for blatant conning of the ref would help to eliminate shit like that. good lord, how many matches a season would suarez miss? half.

9. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep.

Too bad they will never do it though. Too much money in the game.

10. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course no one at Le Arse does that...:rolleyes:

Personally I want Luis to STFU most of the time and just play to the fullest of his abilities. The histrionics make him hard to watch at times. That goes for all players for whom hitting the deck is a tool they use to win. Play to win, the right fucking way or go play elsewhere.

11. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed - Le Arse should lead the way.

12. demolitionlover

Jan 29, 2007
    Butte
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been defending him, (and the team's record with him) but I can't bring myself to do it anymore. Not after that. As someone said in another post: What a shit season.

13. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How hard is it for you to understand? We win more with Carroll starting. :D

14. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fact.

15. Italiaman

Italiaman Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Carroll played hard and very excellent imo. What do people want from this lad? If his name was Rooney he would probably have had 2 penalties, or at least one. A sure goal was cleared by an arm. He played with heart without question - as his manager said afterwards.

On his 'dive' which is shown in super-slow motion, think about this. He made two great plays on the way, on a long run - AT FULL SPEED - making moves. Is it possible at all, that he lost his balance, and tripped? I think so.

Fans? Supporters? More like armchair critiques.

16. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea he didn't play poorly but I don't think there is even an argument over whether that was a dive or not. Pretty obvious.

17. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like Chelsea's 35m back.

Hell, who am I kidding - I'd take Torres back in the #9 in a heartbeat, rather than watch Carroll play another minute for the club.

18. Italiaman

Italiaman Member

Jun 14, 2008
    He just made 2 great moves at full speed, and tripped going around the keeper, you can even see him reaching back for the ball - in super slow mow. Have you ever tripped or stumbled when running? I have.

KD did not think that he 'dove' and neither do I. Full speed moves.

And no one is commenting on the arm/hand ball that kept out his goal? If he gets that sure goal, are all the Carroll criticizers even talking? I dont know how anyone watching that game can call him lazy or doesnt want to be here.

19. demolitionlover

Jan 29, 2007
    Butte
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kenny is defending his player, which he has shown he will do to a fault. I haven't been a Carroll criticizer. Look at my comments earlier in this thread. It's just getting harder to defend him.

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're kidding right? Where is the trip? You could not possibly get a better angle and replay than the one above. Some dives are questionable. This one absolutely is not. Sorry.

Goal or not, a dive is a dive. No goals will make that disappear. That's what you and I are talking about here.

21. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the most blatant dives of all time - almost as bad as cabayes in the same game.

22. drobny23

drobny23 Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That was an unequivocal dive. 100%.

And if he stumbled, well, that's possible worse than a dive. The Liverpool #9 must at least keep his feet to try to make a play on the ball.

23. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    Obviously there is no defending Carroll because what he did was basically bottle it. I hope he has learnt a valuable lesson.

When a keeper drives himself towards a player moving at pace, with the hope of taking the ball away from his feet the striker knows that a potential trip and heavy fall is coming. What can happen is that the player prepares himself for the contact and to reduce the effect of being tripped he prepares to dive into the trip. This is the evil subconcious at work, and there are many reasons why this emerges in a player.

What Carroll seemed to do is misjudge the keepers approach and wrongly prepared himself to be taken out, when the contact was not made he had already lost the general control of the ball and the balance to feel comfortable on his weaker side, so he foolishly took the dive to save looking, in his opinion, a complete idiot airshooting or making a tripshot.

This is good reason to explain his anger and the reason for not taking what appeared to you and me an easy chance to put the ball into an empty net. He knows what he did and probably has a different interpretation to everyone else, he no doubt feels that he could have done little about it at the time, he also probably feels that the majority have simplified how he made this mistake. Cue anger.
    Mistiming a tackle in the penalty box is accepted as part of football, we all question 'why did you do that', but accept that these things happen, little indiscretions like mistiming a dive with a challenge are not so easy to understand.

24. drobny23

drobny23 Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Frosty's explanation is possible, I'll concede that.

My issue isn't just that he dove, but that he even considered anything other than keeping his feet. That dive is going to label him, such that when he is legitimately knicked in the box, the penalty won't be given because of his reputation, which is already accumulating as a complainer (now diver). He has a young career and can't afford to try to be cagey, especially a guy like that, whose glacial footspeed will rarely fool anyone.

Our #9 should have one thing in mind -- if he trips me, fine, but I'm not preparing for contact, I'm going to have the ball, round the keeper, and score. The only thing that will deter me is a foul by a keeper/defender. Period.

It's the approach that bothers me.

25. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    He has height he has the physicality in him, question is, why doesn't he use it?
    Crouch: Tall, good touch but poor physical presence.
    Carroll: Tall, Physical, Poor touch (This can improve by a great amount if he put an effort on it)

He has the attributes that could make him a force but the complaining the attitude and the lack of any sense is pulling him down. He should face up to any defender but all he looks to do is fall at any contact and not get up.
    Man the ******** up, forget the transfer fee and do something about it!!!